News Dogs Stick With Hutchinson Despite Mounting Pressure

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can agree he took wrong choices in thst game, but theres no guarantee they all eould have resulted in points.

Its not like he got tackled on last. We still had chances to move the ball and score although i agree the better and mire expected play was to pass on those occassions.

Still, would rather he back himself every onve in a while than go into his shell like Burton
Burton should back himself and start running and Hutchinson should just focus on directing the team.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
people forget that hutch has had some good defensive reads and is talking a lot compared to burton. You can’t park burton and sexton if they both don’t speak much.. it will strip us back to how we played last year… theirs a reason CC is playing hutch over sexton
Could we play Hutch @13?
Sexton @7?
Then we still get Hutch's talk, defence, organisation and solid kicking game.
He could play an Isiah Yeo role. Kind of a Slow Yeo!! lol
Then Sexton could play 7. We have speed at 7, three kickers and Hutch to do the yap.

I was always suss on all 3 utilities playing together - ie., Hutch, Mann and Salmon.
Salmon appears the weakest link. His D is excellent. But he's also slowish for his size. Morrin he is NOT!!
Seems as though CC's trying to play Salmon as the Slo Yo - but I think Hutch offers waaay more as a Slo Yo.

Mann rocks!! Leave him in as 14.
Then we can have 3 proper "impact" forwards off the bench. Maybe even one of them could be a big rangy back who can play edge forward - like Samrani or Skelton?? Kinda like what Okunbor was supposed to do last year... (the theory was good ...)

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But where’s the proof?
It’s all talks and made up shit.
Believe what you want. For me if it looks like a duck and waddles like a duck it's probably a duck. I would have thought you would be wanting King Gus to take FULL control anyway? I couldn't care less who's picking the side. It's going to amount to the same result with the shit roster we have anyway.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Believe what you want. For me if it looks like a duck and waddles like a duck it's probably a duck.
So no proof means it’s a duck?
You can waddle all you want mr duck.
Hope you don’t believe that we are getting lomax as a prop for next year cause Gus said it.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So no proof means it’s a duck?
You can waddle all you want mr duck.
Hope you don’t believe that we are getting lomax as a prop for next year cause Gus said it.
Yep I believe Gus is picking the side. What's bad about that? You clearly like him. So why the big deal? The roster is so shit, the tea lady could pick it and still come up with the same results?

Allan139

Waterboy
Reaction score
When we were under Potter we finished the season mid table. At 12th if I remember correctly. So yeah we looked better! Dunno how you judge a team but last time I checked winning games is kinda important. But maybe I'm clueless and there's more to it! Lol
So your solution is to bring back a coach that had nothing to lose and told the boys to go out there and see what happens? Not gonna work long term!
Our issues last year were depth and defence, this year it seems we’ve plugged that hole and now we are learning to attack better, if you can’t see that you’re just another negative poster on this forum.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So your solution is to bring back a coach that had nothing to lose and told the boys to go out there and see what happens? Not gonna work long term!
Our issues last year were depth and defence, this year it seems we’ve plugged that hole and now we are learning to attack better, if you can’t see that you’re just another negative poster on this forum.
Go back and read my original comment. In no way did I suggest we sack CC and bring in Mick Potter.

All I was saying is that there’s similarities now and between when Trent Barrett refused to make changes to a losing side.

Incidentally when we did make changes we finished higher on the ladder and not bottom 4 which is a big deal for us unfortunately…

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CC lives and will die by his choices.
He should but most likely he'll last the full 5 seasons at this club unless Gus is willing to have egg on his face and sack him early and the club pays him out millions of $.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go back and read my original comment. In no way did I suggest we sack CC and bring in Mick Potter.

All I was saying is that there’s similarities now and between when Trent Barrett refused to make changes to a losing side.

Incidentally when we did make changes we finished higher on the ladder and not bottom 4 which is a big deal for us unfortunately…
i thought tbaz was switching like crazy. We even had Averillo at halfback, and then back to flanno. Our side is better than last year, defence has improved dramatically

I think Ciro is just digging his own grave. It’s only a matter of time before the losing streak commences and we’re battling for the spoon. That’s when you’ll see it all unravel cause the defense won’t be there, the effort won’t be there as the season will be long gone. He needs to make changes before this happens

and it starts with hutcho cause he ain’t it. Just like perham ain’t it. And I suspect Ciro is just memorised by great trainers as they probably are, but it’ll never translate to the field. That’s why both of them never played first grade consistently and never had a proper position. Same story with taafe. I’d take Tristan sailor over taafe, and of course tracey

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How the hell would I know?
I'm not the coach am I?
I'm just a fan cheering on the team each week with the knowledge we don't have a halfback capable of winning us any games
And on the back of knowing that simple fact I am content to trust the coach knows what he is doing, especially with Gus behind the scenes.
No it’s far better to keep rotating halves like a fucking merry go round because that’s worked so well for the last ten years…… you just got to laugh at the shit that gets posted on here after a loss.

Allan139

Waterboy
Reaction score

It’s been 4 weeks! What is making changes gonna achieve but set us back in combinations?
Bring Sexton in who is not setting the world on fire in Reggies, we then lose defensive cohesion.
Move Burton to centre after he just had one of his best games for us?
Move the best centre in the world to fullback?

As I said it’s round 4 we shouldn’t be making any changes at this point in the season.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After watching the game again, Burton wasn’t as bad IMO. (Sorry Marley)

he started and finished a try, his kicking game/metres was good and his 4020 set up our second try. His defence was solid and his support play (line break from Critta pass)…

My biggest issue with Burton was he didn’t demand the ball enough when we were chasing the game and in particular good ball territory. I counted a couple of sets where he didn’t touch the ball so part of that was Reed and Hutch over calling but Burton needs to demand the ball more!!
If his balls ever hit cloth he could be a good 5/8th I would’ve thought it would have happened by now so I am starting to have my doubts weather he has the mental fortitude to impose himself on the game. He’s Running out of time fast.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That's my problem with Burton though, he's bad in my eyes because he publicly stated he wants to be a leader of the club and control the side. Demand the ball when the game is in the balance then and just attempt something... Untill that changes I'll be forever critical. We have had a big issue at the club for a long time where player well always tell us through media what they are going to do and never fulfil it.
He lacks that competitive mentality a ridiculous shit ton. Me thinks he only played footy because he was good at it, not because he loved it. It’s a mental thing with Burton and its going to take a miracle at this point to fix it. Its why I don’t like him very much for now because its insanely frustrating the entire situation.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s been 4 weeks! What is making changes gonna achieve but set us back in combinations?
Bring Sexton in who is not setting the world on fire in Reggies, we then lose defensive cohesion.
Move Burton to centre after he just had one of his best games for us?
Move the best centre in the world to fullback?

As I said it’s round 4 we shouldn’t be making any changes at this point in the season.
Your absolutely correct, let's just wait till round twenty like we did last year to make changes so we can start fighting to avoid the wooden spoon, just like we did last year. I am sick of being stuck in this rut, 1 from 4 is another terrible start to a new season, I want to start winning games. And I don't care what it takes, if it means making changes and working out proper combinations then CC Should start doing it before it's to late, the Perham experiment went to long and did not work last year and the Hutchison is heading the same way my patience is running out and I'm sure most fans feel the same

Allan139

Waterboy
Reaction score
Your absolutely correct, let's just wait till round twenty like we did last year to make changes so we can start fighting to avoid the wooden spoon, just like we did last year. I am sick of being stuck in this rut, 1 from 4 is another terrible start to a new season, I want to start winning games. And I don't care what it takes, if it means making changes and working out proper combinations then CC Should start doing it before it's to late, the Perham experiment went to long and did not work last year and the Hutchison is heading the same way my patience is running out and I'm sure most fans feel the same
So what’s your solution since you have it all figured out?
Nowhere did I mention round 20, I said it’s round 4 and making changes this early on isn’t gonna make a massive difference considering no one in reggies is making a case for first grade!
As stated in my last message shall we move the players best in their position to appease you and the rest of the negative brigade on here?