SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Referee: Todd Smith.

Video Referee: Grant Atkins.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
illias was scapegoated because no one at souths has the balls to tell Fatrell and walker they are playing like shit and need to pull their heads in, with a six,nine and one of walker cook and fatrell how can you lay their poor performances on a rookie halfback?
the carry on when Fattrell scored the try in the final minutes despite being down 2-3 scores was sickening. No wonder why he has the ego, everyone panders to him

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have multiple better replacements.
I cant seem to find them. Crichton is a centre. (best in the world). Kiraz is only a winger.
Tracey is a hot and cold player and not a fullback. Wilson is a good winger, but not a fullback.
Maybe its JAC your referring to.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Two reflections on this thread;

1. Just 'cause other teams dropped half backs after two weeks, doesn't make it right. For the record, I think both are unlucky, and in any case, I'm no lover of hutch. Both sides have bigger problems than their 7's right now. I don't remember fondly our 2,987 halves combinations under baz
  2. I keep hearing Critta "could be" a great fullback. Yes, maybe, but he's already the best centre in the world. I get we're not strong enough at fullback, but with our middles, we need world-class edges, just to stay in games. Our left edge defence has been very good with Critta there. Anyway, we're not out of fullback options yet.
If Tracey plays to potential (I prefer him to Taffe), we're more threat with a good fullback and exceptional left edge, than good left edge with possibly, maybe, could be great fullback, IMHO. I'd let Critta roam, ala tommy turbo in origin a few years back, long before I'd move him. He's got the skills and athleticism.

I hate losing and I've had more than enough of it. But I hate more my beloved club making dumb decisions because other clubs do, or we couldn't hold our nerve and blinked. FFS demetriou should not be who we're trying to emulate, especially with halves! When we lose games having had good field position, fair possession and we failed to bring the attack required, that's the time to discuss changes. Spending 6 months on combinations that we abandon after 2 weeks isn't clever to me. Let alone after the two weeks we've had; I thought sharks game was dramatically better than parra. We make the changes after 2 weeks and then we need another 2-3 months for the new combinations to work. If they work. All we've done is change and that hasn't worked.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So do i. Its annoying me how many people are saying to switch without watching the reserve grade matches. They just got beat when our team is full of fringe first graders and his defence (Xerri aswell) has been awful. Its why they arent getting picked.
But Taafee on the other hand needs to be replaced by Tracey asap.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So do i. Its annoying me how many people are saying to switch without watching the reserve grade matches. They just got beat when our team is full of fringe first graders and his defence (Xerri aswell) has been awful. Its why they arent getting picked.
But Taafee on the other hand needs to be replaced by Tracey asap.
Agree

I think with Tracey, they're probably waiting until he has a few miles in his legs, he didn't train pre-season because of injury

From my sources, I was told that Tracey at FB is the plan

Status
Not open for further replies.