News Trying to bite my tongue’: Ciraldo wants ‘clarity’ after contentious calls cruel Dogs

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
The shoe has been on the other foot for years.. that's why everyone is so shitted off. Not with this exact scenario but in lots of different situations.. remember last year when mahoney was obstructed but they decided it had no effect on the game, remember when Kyle Flanagan was penalised for a push in the back? Last night there were two contentious try decisions that went against us. We have conceded countless amount of try's off the back of dodgy calls during the set. We cop decisions that opposing fans agree we were ripped off by, but it happens every week.. and often in decisions such as 6 agains on 5th tackles which aren't spoken about. We aren't good enough to beat 13 players plus the ref and video ref.. we're still working on being good enough to beat 13 in a fair contest.
Yeah I hear ya but (and I'll take the Mahoney tackle against the Waz as an example).

Now there was a precedent set for what they will call with that. And it wasn't called. That was a shit decision. This one, what precedent has been set? Its a one-off 4 sure.

Now personally, as much as I hate it, thought they had a good argument. Thats just me.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Rules like this and all new rules introduced are designed to give refs discretion to cheat... Always worded in such a way to escape responsibility
That might be the case but by my standards, trindall has a fair argument. Reckon it sucked as much as anyone but I'm not buying into the ref conspiracy on this one.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are 100% right.

Except the bunker decided it was not a defensive error. Now you can argue that but reckon you'll do it every game until eternity.

I'm not looking at it seeing a grievous fck up. I'm looking at it and seeing what they see. Agree with it or not.
Thing is there should be clear rules. The game that I grew up loving had black and white rules. There were still times that refs made decisions that pissed people off. But the game worked with black and white rules. I despise the fact that they're altering anything up to 4-5 rules a year, and every time it adds grey areas and more areas where every decision becomes questionable.

There are plenty of fans here that have been questioning the match officials for years. Not just regarding our games. I see biased referees whenever I switch a game on. I won't even watch rep games because of it.

I suspect Anusey to come out supporting the ref pretty soon. We might even get a small admission that some calls were questionable but that the ref is human and won't be perfect every time.

I really don't know how you aren't pissed off about this bullshit.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That might be the case but by my standards, trindall has a fair argument. Reckon it sucked as much as anyone but I'm not buying into the ref conspiracy on this one.
Players are always milking for a penalty or advantage. Trindall knew what he was doing. Had it been in the reverse with Taafe trying to stop Wilton or Talaki we would say the referee impeded.

Now they changed the rule from mutual infringement to replay of the tackle rather than scrum feed to the team in the attacking half. This happened in the 2013 state of origin when the streaker interfered with play in Queensland's attacking half. So they got a scrum with a feed.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Of course he has a fair argument, but he was never stopping Kikau. I reckon Hutcho would have even scored there lol.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel Trindall completely stuffed that up, ran behind the ref heading left thinking the ball was headed out that way, then quickly realised Kikau was the play, so he tied to correct his mistake & cut back to the right and actually ran into the ref.

If Trindall hadn’t ran behind the ref and just initially ran from the in goal straight for Kikau the referee would have been on his left and not in his way .. the bias refereeing and some of those calls in that game were very suspect ..

Question is, why do the Bulldogs always seem to be on the wrong end of it .. seems to suspiciously keep happening to the club ..

When was the last time after a game you said to yourself wow, opposition got hammered by the ref and played a huge part in us winning that game ..

Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Thing is there should be clear rules. The game that I grew up loving had black and white rules. There were still times that refs made decisions that pissed people off. But the game worked with black and white rules. I despise the fact that they're altering anything up to 4-5 rules a year, and every time it adds grey areas and more areas where every decision becomes questionable.

There are plenty of fans here that have been questioning the match officials for years. Not just regarding our games. I see biased referees whenever I switch a game on. I won't even watch rep games because of it.

I suspect Anusey to come out supporting the ref pretty soon. We might even get a small admission that some calls were questionable but that the ref is human and won't be perfect every time.

Because I've seen worse like most here. U get used to it.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol @ Fitzgibbons view of the Kikau “no try”

“I’d rather defend it better, but he got obstructed. How does he not? If he doesn’t get stopped then he runs forward and makes the tackle five metres before the try line,”
It may have been technically justified but was an extremely rough decision. Let me illustrate…

Burton makes a linebreak and passes to Kikau

View attachment 104201

Trindall runs behind ref tracking Burton’s run

View attachment 104202

Then he turns as Kikau gets the ball

View attachment 104203

Even marginally being affected by the ref he has a clear shot at Kikau with Viliame over a metre still from the tryline

View attachment 104204
craig fitzgibbon has rocks in his head if he thinks trindall possibly could of have tackled kikau 5 metres out. Trindall doesn't have the springing of a leopard

Roscothebulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
U go @Roscothebulldog - u wasted one of your 50 odd posts on me. I feel appreciated.
@Doogie. Yes, you are correct, I am not a serial poster.

I would have thought a prolific poster such as yourself would get it but you’re missing the point altogether.

Instead of just acknowledging that we were reffed out of the game you’ve wasted I don’t know how many posts trying to justify the Kikau no try decision. Sure, by the rulebook a no try ruling can be justified and in isolation we cop it on the chin and move on.

The real issue is the cumulative effect of all the other shitty decisions made in that game, all of which just happened to go against us. How do you explain that?

This is what fans are upset about.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol @ Fitzgibbons view of the Kikau “no try”

“I’d rather defend it better, but he got obstructed. How does he not? If he doesn’t get stopped then he runs forward and makes the tackle five metres before the try line,”
He can’t really say anything else, but no one was stopping Kiks on that run, no one.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be at least be 6 again... I mean they give those things away for next to nothing most the time.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I would have thought a prolific poster such as yourself would get it but you’re missing the point altogether.

Instead of just acknowledging that we were reffed out of the game you’ve wasted I don’t know how many posts trying to justify the Kikau no try decision. Sure, by the rulebook a no try ruling can be justified and in isolation we cop it on the chin and move on.

The real issue is the cumulative effect of all the other shitty decisions made in that game, all of which just happened to go against us. How do you explain that?

Don't bother mate ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Try. No try.

For me it's not really the point.

The overall standard of reffing from the game was substandard. Did it cost us the game? Hard to say but seeing the scoreline most would say no.

However, it certainly hampered our progress and restricted our ability to go forward and compete on an even basis.

A team can't compete when these calls constantly go against it. It's just impossible.

So ... when we judge this team and CC on the first two games we HAVE to take into account being fucked over by the refs.

Not doing that isn't fair to the team nor coach

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cover restarts?
View attachment 104234
The ref got in the way of the game prior to the 'try'. Thats not in the laws of the game and it irregularly affected the match. Straight from the international rules, the NRL points to this. Exactly the same as some random punter jumped out of the crowd and tackled the last defender. Thats not in the laws either.

So the bunker asked whether it irregularly affected the game. They decided it did. And thats it.

But hey. Disagree with me, the NRL and 99% of the internet. We could be all wrong.
I have been through my copy of the international rules (I have too much respect for the English language to call them "laws") and I can find no mention of mutual infringements. However, I unearthed a copy of

RUGBY LEAGUE LAWS OF THE
GAME INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
WITH
NOTES ON THE LAWS
AND
NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP
INTERPRETATIONS
(APPROVED BY
THE AUSTRALIAN RUGBY LEAGUE COMMISSION)
OFFICIAL
JULY 2020

and it appears there. It is clearly one of the "NRL Telstra Premiership Interpretations". As much as I hate the idea of the NRL writing their own rules, it is their competition, and they are entitled to do so. My apologies to you.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It may have been technically justified but was an extremely rough decision. Let me illustrate…

Burton makes a linebreak and passes to Kikau

View attachment 104201

Trindall runs behind ref tracking Burton’s run

View attachment 104202

Then he turns as Kikau gets the ball

View attachment 104203

Even marginally being affected by the ref he has a clear shot at Kikau with Viliame over a metre still from the tryline

View attachment 104204
Then think about early last season when the Warriors scored a winning try on the bell, with Bulldogs obstructed.
Never goes our way.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Coz I assume people read the other posts that said which decisions I thought we got screwed over by and which ones we didn't.

Your reply was to my post about the obstruction. So now we just got 'reffed out'.

Did all the decisions go against us? Did Mahoney get at least 10 for punching Hazelton in the head? Nah.

Thanks again.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's finally good to see guru catching on to what I've been saying for the past 8 years. Wish he did this last year when we got ripped off by the warriors.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Purposely crated grey areas.... I wonder why they would be created for???

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CC should also tell all the players when they drop the ball to lash out with the foot and make contact with the ball, as it will never be a knock on we'll just challenge the call and say we were going for a drop goal sir.