Religious Discussion Thread

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You misread what I said. I didn't say there's anything wrong with wishing people "Merry Christmas". Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm just criticising that you follow it up with explanations of why you are right and they are wrong.

Keep in mind that Muslims think you are wrong and they are right.

I don't see why everyone can't just say, "this is what I believe but I won't discount what you believe because there's a chance you are right"

Btw, I've never cared much for the Monarchy VS Republic debate. If I had to choose a side then I would probably go Republic just so we don't have a foreign head of state. But I also have no issue with the Monarchy so I don't really care.
I can't see or find where I said or inplied that Muslims and athiests are wrong let alone should'nt exist, I was hoping for an explanation from a Muslim of what they perceive God, because I would like to know, for example is reward/punishment by Allah for certain doings, included in Muslim teachings, I take anything reportered by our media with a very large grain of salt.
You should know that my Church strongly condemns sin and teaches about Heaven and Hell.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to love the hypocrisy of some Christians.

All about accepting people blah blah blah, then attack other people religious or non religious beliefs.

And going by reports etc, Jesus wasn't born in December, so you could have his DOB wrong. September is when the experts say he was born.

And Jesus was Jewish. But the Jews don't class him as a God.

I used to volunteer in a Church run OP shop. All they cared about was the money they made. The shop was run like major store. How can we make more.

Was there for 7 years & because I complained on how it had changed over the years. I was basically sacked. (volunteers were like robots)

I was asking questions like, will the shop open on Sundays etc, got the 'evil' stare & was told it's the day of rest etc.

Me being me said, but you go to church on Sunday & the Pastor works Sundays & you go buy have breakfast etc. (that went down well)

When I was in hospital, only 2 people bothered to see how I was. I still keep in contact with one of them.
Let me address your reply 1 line at a time.
Are you saying that only Christians are hyporicts. I'm sure that some are . But I'm equally sure that many athiests also qualify for that title.
What makes you think and say that true Catholics/Christians don't accept others for what they are. I've never seen a fellow Catholic froun on a non believer. I've seen many non Catholics treat Catholics with contempt
It was pointed out to me that Jesus was very probably not born on the 25 th December, but for reasons His birth has been celebrated on that day.
I remember learning that we celebrated the Queen's birthday on a day which wasn't her birthday.
As for your experience working in the OP shop, things like you said do happen,
I am involved with our ST Vincent DePaul, the Presedent is a good friend of mine, I would trust those who work their with my first and last dollar.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just heard a joke that needs to be posted here:

"Reverese Exorcism: the Devil demands that the priest get out of the child"

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not sure if your post is a joke or a stupid remark, I'm supprise at your post because I know you're fairly smart.
I am very certain that Exorcism involves a priest driving satan out of a person, something which has often been done, I guess you will say its not true.
The opposite would be for one of satans disiple driving the Christian values out of a person/child. It happens far to often these days.
Satan is the oposite of God. Religious people are the opposite of satans disiples.
Satan has more that his fair share of disiples walking around

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if your post is a joke or a stupid remark, I'm supprise at your post because I know you're fairly smart.
I am very certain that Exorcism involves a priest driving satan out of a person, something which has often been done, I guess you will say its not true.
The opposite would be for one of satans disiple driving the Christian values out of a person/child. It happens far to often these days.
Satan is the oposite of God. Religious people are the opposite of satans disiples.
Satan has more that his fair share of disiples walking around
The fact that I said it was a joke, usually means that it's a joke.

Btw, the reverse part is a reversion of terms.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought todays reading on Christian Vision Media publication might help those who are undecided about God. I accept that it won't do much for the committed athiests.

Speaking of our amazing bodies.....what about DNA? Each human cell (up to 100 trillion) contains a data base larger than Encyclopida Britannica! Could all that have origionated by chance? English Physicist Paul Davies makes the comparison. It's rather like exploding a stick of dynamite under a pile of bricks and expecting it to build a house. You may liberate enough energy to raise the bricks, but without coupling the energy to the bricks in a controled way , their is little hope of producing anything other than a chaotic mess. Clearly it requires more than a pile of bricks to build a house. The intelligence of the architect and the skill of the builder are key components. And it's the same with all the conplexities of a human being. The odds a zero that all the required elements necessary to initate human life just happened to assemble themselves in the same spot on Earth at the same time. And even if we did accept that notion, blind chance couldn't put those 100 trillion cells together in the order required to produce life..Prominent scientist Frances Crick wasn't noted for his faith, but even he said. The origion of life seems almost to be a miracle, so many are the conditions which would have had to be to have been satisfied to get it going.' And what's the miracle? The psalmist said, "You knit me together in my Mothers womb. I praise you becuse I am fearfull and wonderfully made' (Psalm139:13-14 niv) That's the miracle!

It is obvious that if we evoled from animals (monkeys or what ever preceded them) why has'nt all or at least some animals evolved to be equal to humans at least in inteligence, after all most if not all have been around for millions of years even before humans.
The fact is that all animals (and all life form) have to struggle to survive, which means that only the fittest and the most intelligent survive to breed

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I thought todays reading on Christian Vision Media publication might help those who are undecided about God. I accept that it won't do much for the committed athiests.

Speaking of our amazing bodies.....what about DNA? Each human cell (up to 100 trillion) contains a data base larger than Encyclopida Britannica! Could all that have origionated by chance?
So, you have 46 dna molecules in each cell. Each molecule contains billions of haploid pairs, usually based on the ATCG nucleotides, so old mate was wrong to start with.

So, pending reproductive cycle of whatever organism in earths history we are talking about, it all started 2.4 ish billion years ago. Thats a lot of time for either environmental or accidental selection of preferred nucleotides to occur.

Old mate said the odds are zero. No. Probability theory doesn't work that way. The odds in the first year 2.4B years ago are mad small, but they increase the following year. And the following year after that. Probability is additive. So a broad assumption that stats do not support.

As for the rest - sigh. I do not want to be disrespectful.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, you have 46 dna molecules in each cell. Each molecule contains billions of haploid pairs, usually based on the ATCG nucleotides, so old mate was wrong to start with.

So, pending reproductive cycle of whatever organism in earths history we are talking about, it all started 2.4 ish billion years ago. Thats a lot of time for either environmental or accidental selection of preferred nucleotides to occur.

Old mate said the odds are zero. No. Probability theory doesn't work that way. The odds in the first year 2.4B years ago are mad small, but they increase the following year. And the following year after that. Probability is additive. So a broad assumption that stats do not support.

As for the rest - sigh. I do not want to be disrespectful.
I always thought that DNA is what identifies each individual Human being, like finger prints just much more complicated,
The complexity of the human body and how it came into existant like matter has not been explained by science, and thats why more and more scientists are starting to believe in creation. Probably because they have come to realise the difficultity/ impossibility of creating matter and inventing life. BTW if you don't want to even consider the possibility of an almighty Creator, you will have to creat the matter out of nothing..
If you know of some type of life form which has been invented/manufactured please tell me, I won't be holding my breath waiting for it.
BTW I wont be offended if you come up with a plausable explanation as to why animals have'nt evolved to the same level of humans.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I always thought that DNA is what identifies each individual Human being, like finger prints just much more complicated,
The complexity of the human body and how it came into existant like matter has not been explained by science, and thats why more and more scientists are starting to believe in creation. Probably because they have come to realise the difficultity/ impossibility of creating matter and inventing life. BTW if you don't want to even consider the possibility of an almighty Creator, you will have to creat the matter out of nothing..
If you know of some type of life form which has been invented/manufactured please tell me, I won't be holding my breath waiting for it.
BTW I wont be offended if you come up with a plausable explanation as to why animals have'nt evolved to the same level of humans.
I'm just pointing out that old mate is quoting stuff that is not factually correct.

I'll answer your question if you tell me what is your definition of life?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Masking a “joke” about an evil act which should never be joked about at the same time targeting a group which clearly represented here is acceptable.. its ok you said that it’s a joke.

What would happen if people started targeting other religions with a “joke” that “we need to hear” would you allow it too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Masking a “joke” about an evil act which should never be joked about at the same time targeting a group which clearly represented here is acceptable.. its ok you said that it’s a joke.

What would happen if people started targeting other religions with a “joke” that “we need to hear” would you allow it too.
Of course. As long as it's a joke and not just designed to be abusive.

Comedy is comedy. If people get offended by a joke I said then I apologise. But I'm not going to walk on egg shells in case someone happens to get offended by something I say.

And if anyone wants to crack a joke about my beliefs, then I encourage it. I understand the difference between humour and abuse.

For example...

FB_IMG_1704850927640.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That same point gets raised constantly though. Whenever someone cracks a joke about a religious topic, someone who supports that religion always say, "but you wouldn't say that about X religion! It's not fair! My religion is the most oppressed!"

I make jokes in general. I try to keep them from being overly offensive. Which is why that joke wasn't about Christians. It was a joke about paedophile priests. I was making fun of paedophile priests.

Is it poor taste, definitely. But is it making fun of Christians? Nope. Only the Christians who happen to be priests and happen to be paedophiles.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course. As long as it's a joke and not just designed to be abusive.

Comedy is comedy. If people get offended by a joke I said then I apologise. But I'm not going to walk on egg shells in case someone happens to get offended by something I say.

And if anyone wants to crack a joke about my beliefs, then I encourage it. I understand the difference between humour and abuse.

For example...

View attachment 100157
ok, as long as we say “joke” in front and don’t design for it to be abusive its acceptable.

Yep, that meme is on the same level as child abuse.

I make jokes in general. I try to keep them from being overly offensive. Which is why that joke wasn't about Christians. It was a joke about paedophile priests. I was making fun of paedophile priests.

Is it poor taste, definitely. But is it making fun of Christians? Nope. Only the Christians who happen to be priests and happen to be paedophiles
Not even going to bother.

edit - on that if the joke was targeted at pedo priests why was it posted in a religion thread and not in a joke thread.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just pointing out that old mate is quoting stuff that is not factually correct.

I'll answer your question if you tell me what is your definition of life?
Life as I've always understood it takes many forms, but van reproduce itself of its own accord, if the right circumstances are present, without outside intervention.
My definitation of Life is an entity which is alive of its own accord, and can proporagate its self either by making contact with a partner of the same spices but of a different genders which is the case with most known spices, (thats why 2 gay men or 2 gay women can't reproduce another human.)
There are some forms of life where individuals can reporoduce on their own, mainly plant life (not all) and also with some usually very primitive forms.
My question is why the most commonly known animals (mamals) haven't evolved like humans since most were around before humans and have had to struggle to survive a lot longer than humans.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok, as long as we say “joke” in front and don’t design for it to be abusive its acceptable.

edit - on that if the joke was targeted at pedo priests why was it posted in a religion thread and not in a joke thread.
Because of the part in bold

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Far too often jokes are made by those who carry a gripe against a person or an entity, also far to often those making such jokes have an agenda, which to me means that they are carrying some form of hate. I regard hate as by far the worst evil of all, (Sin) if we were to take the greatest and first commandment seriously.
BTW I've had to point this fact out, to people many times including 1 or 2 priests.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Far too often jokes are made by those who carry a gripe against a person or an entity, also far to often those making such jokes have an agenda, which to me means that they are carrying some form of hate. I regard hate as by far the worst evil of all, (Sin) if we were to take the greatest and first commandment seriously.
BTW I've had to point this fact out, to people many times including 1 or 2 priests.
Personally I would say that rape and paedophilia are worse, but that's just me.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Life as I've always understood it takes many forms, but van reproduce itself of its own accord, if the right circumstances are present, without outside intervention.
My definitation of Life is an entity which is alive of its own accord, and can proporagate its self either by making contact with a partner of the same spices but of a different genders which is the case with most known spices, (thats why 2 gay men or 2 gay women can't reproduce another human.)
There are some forms of life where individuals can reporoduce on their own, mainly plant life (not all) and also with some usually very primitive forms.
My question is why the most commonly known animals (mamals) haven't evolved like humans since most were around before humans and have had to struggle to survive a lot longer than humans.
So, if life is required to propagate itself, how can there be someone or something to create it in the first place?

Sort of wasn't where i was going with this to begin with, just want to make sure you are comfortable with your description before I continue.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You think Catholic preists are bad, go read up on what rabbis in some Jewish sects do and are allowed to do to children....

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hate is a doorway to darkness.

You think Catholic preists are bad, go read up on what rabbis in some Jewish sects do and are allowed to do to children....
Doesn't matter which group they claim to belong too, you and I know whats in control.