The Mole's 2024 rookies to explode

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Joash Papalii (Canterbury Bulldogs)

1704676864366.png

Gus Gould and Cameron Ciraldo are trying to keep this exciting youngster under the radar - because he could develop into anything.
An unpredictable utility back, he played for NSW under 19s last year and is at home at both fullback and five-eighth.
Needs to build up a little but once he adds to his size and strength, he'll take the game by storm.

Always a Bulldog

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An exciting prospect for sure but with the signings of Taaffe and Tracey it won't surprise me if they keep him in Flegg for another year.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An exciting prospect for sure but with the signings of Taaffe and Tracey it won't surprise me if they keep him in Flegg for another year.
I think he needs to play against men in NSW Cup to keep developing. He will kill it in Flegg no question. He needs to challenge himself.

He should play fullback in Cup with Taaffe at halfback.

A fit Tracey will be in the NRL 17.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On what basis are they claiming Gus is trying to keep him under the radar? Gus did comms for that NSW game he played in and was raving about him.

Kid is a great prospect, but his defence is not NRL standard yet. Keep developing him.

Also, it's a bit worrying to learn of exploding rookies, what are they being fed?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's an exciting prospect but we need to see him in another season of Reserves. There's no need to rush him.. Hopefully they don't move around/bench as often as they did last year and he can dominate NSW Cup with a full season at fullback.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he needs to play against men in NSW Cup to keep developing. He will kill it in Flegg no question. He needs to challenge himself.

He should play fullback in Cup with Taaffe at halfback.

A fit Tracey will be in the NRL 17.
Where all these new players fit will be very interesting, I currently have Hutchison and O'neill as our cup halves.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where all these new players fit will be very interesting, I currently have Hutchison and O'neill as our cup halves.
Agree, if we can hold off poaching, these guys could drive our future success… adding the new players we recruited have more so been brought in for their experience, add depth, set standards and help these youngsters develop into long term NRL players.

CQDog brought up a spine of Papalii, Oluapo, Woods, Marshall, that is both viable and pretty exciting for us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And when Burton gets named at 5/8 for round 1? I know some people want him in the centres but I reckon he starts the year in the halves.
Ciraldawg needs to make a big dog call and shifting Burton to the centres is that. Our edges are probably where most of our quality is and we can afford to have him fucking around at 5/8 just spamming kicks and not feeding the edges with quality ball. If he starts at 5/8 then...well, I cbf.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ciraldawg needs to make a big dog call and shifting Burton to the centres is that. Our edges are probably where most of our quality is and we can afford to have him fucking around at 5/8 just spamming kicks and not feeding the edges with quality ball. If he starts at 5/8 then...well, I cbf.
If Burton starts round 1 at 6 then it shows me that Ciraldo isn't cut out to be a NRL coach.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An unpredictable utility back hey! Well we’ve now got about ten utilities who could mentor him so he’s at the right place!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
who a the best 6 at the club if not Burton? No way Ciro moves Burton from 6 in round 1
For mine, the only contentious position is fullback, does Ciro avoid placing the worlds best centre at 1 or does he have faith in Tracey or Taaffe?
Burton is not moving from 6 unless he goes missing in the first quarter of the competition.