Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who in our squad do you think will have a positive impact on our season? Averillo was probably our best last year and pretty much won us the game with some brilliant individual performances.

I reckon Critta, regardless of where he plays will be our MVP. Burton, I'm not sold on him as a leader and a 5/8th, Mahoney might have a better season. Kikau's season will depend on how well Burton plays.

Thoughts?
I would prefer to ask this question-

Which player having a breakout year performance wise will have the biggest bearing on the team having a successful season and help us make the top 8?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopwfully its crighton from the fullback position. If hes playing Centre he will have no meaningful impact

Otherwise I hope either Burton or reed come good but will need to improve big time

Last edited:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crighton is the obvious choice, but I think Curran will have the biggest positive impact on our team overall can’t wait to see him play in blue and white.
Curran is a worker tolman-like. Will do a great job imo but overall impact low to medium

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jeral Skelton when JAC is dropped in Round 7 for performance issues and stays in Cup for the entire year

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
This is such a no-brainer. Biggest impact will be:
Buzz
Will give us the most to talk about by far...

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who in our squad do you think will have a positive impact on our season? Averillo was probably our best last year and pretty much won us the game with some brilliant individual performances.

I reckon Critta, regardless of where he plays will be our MVP. Burton, I'm not sold on him as a leader and a 5/8th, Mahoney might have a better season. Kikau's season will depend on how well Burton plays.

Thoughts?
I'm hoping Burton's season depends on how well Kikau plays.

Critta - MVP

Hughes - most improved

Players to watch - Harry Hayes, Jordan Samrami.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitel critter because he will tell Burton & Kikau to wake the fuck up.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm hoping Burton's season depends on how well Kikau plays.

Critta - MVP

Hughes - most improved

Players to watch - Harry Hayes, Jordan Samrami.
Kikau needs Burton to isolate defenders or put him through space. Same with the rest of the blokes on the left corridor.
Kikau can't do much for Burton except run good lines and smash attackers coming his way coz Burtos D is the worst in the league.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitel critter because he will tell Burton & Kikau to wake the fuck up.
People underestimate the many attributes Critta brings to the side, winning attitude being one of the important ones, I see him as the type that raises the other boats around him.

I’m with you, I’m hoping his competitiveness reminds Burton, Kikau and crew that they’re out there to win.

If you’ve watched Critta over the years you’ll have noticed he’s good in those clutch moments, the reason for that is when the teams behind, he takes it on himself to lead and do what he can to change the momentum, if that can start rubbing off on a few others in the team, anything is possible ..

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People underestimate the many attributes Critta brings to the side, winning attitude being one of the important ones, I see him as the type that raises the other boats around him.

I’m with you, I’m hoping his competitiveness reminds Burton, Kikau and crew that they’re out there to win.

If you’ve watched Critta over the years you’ll have noticed he’s good in those clutch moments, the reason for that is when the teams behind, he takes it on himself to lead and do what he can to change the momentum, if that can start rubbing off on a few others in the team, anything is possible ..
Critta gets my vote as well. Latrell Mitchell was a similar big game clutch player but Critta has surpassed him and does it better. Also competes the 80 minutes.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thoughts?
The Player I believe has the ability to have the biggest impact on our season is one very left of field, no one on here would ever think it could be him.

The way I see it, If this guy has his best ever season and finally fulfill his potential along with us having a fully fit squad - then we are finals bound.

POSITION: PROP
HEIGHT: 6FT 4INCH (194cm)
WEIGHT: 106KG

He is the right age for a prop to come into his prime and he has the right body frame to go with it as well as having the agility not to be a liability.
He was touted by many as the best up and coming prop at a young age and definitely one to watch.
Troubled by injuries throughout his career, he also faced mental health issues related to many facets of his life and turned to Alcohol and prescription drug abuse to get through.
After seeking help with his battles he has now been sober for over a year. (Listen/Read his story in the links below).

In My Opinion, LIAM KNIGHT has the ability to have the biggest impact on the outcome of our season.

We are all crying out for a prop to take charge of or forward pack.

In My Opinion, If Liam Knight can do this for our team then we are finals bound - He could be the linchpin.