Votes: 26 27.7%
  • 5/8

Votes: 69 73.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think fans put way too much weight on Burton's performances at centre at the best team in the competition. I think if you saw Averillo or even Alamoti play centre for Panther they'd look like one of the best centres in the competition too. I don't see Burton playing anywhere but five-eighth, especially with us in our current state.
At least we hopefully now have more talent in our roster to take all the focus, solely off Burton.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton's best position? Doggy Style lol.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton can be a world class 5/8 it’s up to him if wants it.
This is a fair point. I get the feeling Burton has stumbled into the NRL primarily based on natural talent.

He strikes me as the kind of kid coming through that was just better than his peers. He never learned the skill of working his but off to make teams and improve. He just got picked.

I think Burton has reached first grade and lacks the core techniques needed to grow as a player. He lacks the inner fight that is in players with less natural talent. That just want it, love it and work their arse off to achieve their dream.

I think him learning the mental side of it. Just wanting to get better is the key to how his career progresses.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is a fair point. I get the feeling Burton has stumbled into the NRL primarily based on natural talent.

He strikes me as the kind of kid coming through that was just better than his peers. He never learned the skill of working his but off to make teams and improve. He just got picked.

I think Burton has reached first grade and lacks the core techniques needed to grow as a player. He lacks the inner fight that is in players with less natural talent. That just want it, love it and work their arse off to achieve their dream.

I think him learning the mental side of it. Just wanting to get better is the key to how his career progresses.
I usually respect your opinion but this is nasheed level and so uneducated
If we didnt know wed say it was a troll answer

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually respect your opinion but this is nasheed level and so uneducated
If we didnt know wed say it was a troll answer
Not trolling at all. It’s what I observe. It’s not having a go at him. I think he could be a great player. However the system has let him down. Whether it’s in football or in life in general. If everything falls into your lap on the way through. When things get tough and are a challenge. Sometimes you haven’t developed those skills to deal with that along the way. I really think his success as a junior coming through is a big contributor to his failures to really stamp himself as an elite player. I think he has all the physical attributes to get there though.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

That is 100% unadulterated bullshit. No one, without exception, makes it to NRL level without working their arse off, every single day. They certainly don’t make it into SOO and Kangaroo teams on “natural ability” alone, that’s just ludicrous.

From my limited observations Button is often the first to arrive at training and the last to leave. He does extras on the extras and always achieves his KPI’s.

Maybe you need to get along to a training session and actually see with your own eyes exactly how hard all of the players work before you post such ridiculous nonsense.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That is 100% unadulterated bullshit. No one, without exception, makes it to NRL level without working their arse off, every single day. They certainly don’t make it into SOO and Kangaroo teams on “natural ability” alone, that’s just ludicrous.

From my limited observations Button is often the first to arrive at training and the last to leave. He does extras on the extras and always achieves his KPI’s.

Maybe you need to get along to a training session and actually see with your own eyes exactly how hard all of the players work before you post such ridiculous nonsense.

Always a Bulldog
Exactly what i said before
Very uneducated post

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Nasheed here,
Given his size and speed, I believe this might be plausible.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Dave Taylor
T Rex Williams
Lloyd Perrett....