News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Huge fail. Hes lost his marbles

Happy to pay Crichton 925k as a glamour centre but wont pay $1M for afb give me a break. Hes killing the club before our eyes
Honestly your a dribbler
Another one added to the ban list with your other mates.
Point 1 - crighton is on no where near that figure
Point 2- AFB massive overs and has left his last 3 clubs
Bad culture and he is only playing for money
No prop is worth that money, did he make the warriors win? No it was SJ that did along with Harris

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather pay critta, our future captain and an absolute beast of a player 925k than home sick boy AFB.

Plus there is no chance he survives the length of the contract healthy at the sharks. He'll be an expensive mistake for them and fortunately it's not us

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Huge fail. Hes lost his marbles

Happy to pay Crichton 925k as a glamour centre but wont pay $1M for afb give me a break. Hes killing the club before our eyes
If Shark signed AFB for 1m we'd have to offer a significant amount more for him to consider us anyways. That's around the 1.2m mark which I'd have no issues with but can see why others have an issue with it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was that what they offered if he resigned or what his old contract is. Either way 400k plus isn’t to be sneezed at.
His old contract (current one). The extention they offered him wasn't much more and the cap went up.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even if AFB did sign with us I’d have doubts that he’d stay for the entire contract.

I’d love see the “fans” here throwing a tantrum do a better job managing a cap and finding the right players than who we currently have.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wonder if Penrith now have a cheeky stab at bringing home Burton now they have Luai money available. Contracts mean nothing so I’ll be interested to watch if this ever happens.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wonder if Penrith now have a cheeky stab at bringing home Burton now they have Luai money available. Contracts mean nothing so I’ll be interested to watch if this ever happens.
I hope so

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very little left in unsigned middle options for 25, May is the standout.
We are down 3 props from top 30 and replaced with nata. Surely we aren’t going to go 2 years without adding some quality regardless if have some good prospects coming thru they need quality and experience around them to fast track their development.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he has another shite year surely the for sale sign goes up.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh I can’t stand 23 year olds that most clubs would sign.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about this before, mainly because I didn't really believe it at tge time to be true,
But last week I ran into Blake Green up here in Newcastle.
And I was having a bit of a chat to him about the bulldogs just in general.

I mentioned during our conversation that I'd love to see us get AFB at the bulldogs.

He immediately said said, and I quote
"He won't go to the bulldogs mate, I'm hearing sharks"

I was shocked.
I questioned him on the sharks, I even said I thought dragons would have been a chance if dogs can't get him.

He doubled down and said he was heading to the Sharks

So this deal must have been done a week or so ago.

I would love to know how we missed out, and why he selected the sharks.
Maybe he didn't like the setup.
Or wanted to go to a top 8 team.
Maybe he doesn't like chinese meals. :tearsofjoy:

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The big teams keep getting bigger.. what a joke
Yeah biggest and most important miss to date I reckon....and we've missed a few. Literally the only bloke we currently need to turn things around.

Edit: I mean AFB not too fussed on JL
We absolutely need a dominant front rower middle and I am gutted we didn't get him. But Gus pulled out of the race very early on without making an offer. This suggests the swap deal with warriors was not acceptable and I would suggest the same issue with saints. They either didn't have a player the warriors wanted or wouldn't let a player go, same as us with Kik and Presto.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We absolutely need a dominant front rower middle and I am gutted we didn't get him. But Gus pulled out of the race very early on without making an offer. This suggests the swap deal with warriors was not acceptable and I would suggest the same issue with saints. They either didn't have a player the warriors wanted or wouldn't let a player go, same as us with Kik and Presto.
Not accurate mate. Failagain was going hard for afb he just failed. Again.

no swap has been reported. AFB just picked sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.