Bulldogs discard Waddell reveals why he left Belmore

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saying it as it was. Nothing glamorous about getting belted week in week out for the past 3 years.
Certainly not our worst this year. If our plan was to shed the plodders rather odd we replaced him with 4 more Hutchison, Mann, Salmon and Turpin.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Showed he had upside and Benny saw something in him. I'd wait to see how he goes next year, personally. I think he'll be a good un.
I’m not saying I didn’t want him to stay but he was a part of the problem. Averillo was let down by development coaches. He come to grade lacking so much but had huge potential. Should have been preparing for fullback 5 yrs ago.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Now do one on why fox choose bulldogs over storms or better do kikau , burton and Critta choose bulldogs over Penrith.
Lets see how bias you are ya Ayr.
Easy.
Foxx wanted to leave Melbourne and was only on 350k a year.
Only two teams were willing to pay big money for. Winger. Of course that’s something we would do. Also tigers.
Tigers he has bad blood with because they cut him years ago so the choice was obviosu in the end.
In his heart he wants to play with south’s. I assume that’s obvious to you. Many kennelers have mentioned this in the past and have agreed. But they can’t and won’t pay that.

Kikau/Burton/Critta are all Penrith connections. That’s the one place we easily can get players due to our coaching staff and Gould identifying them as kids.
We are always going to be in good position to pick up Penrith players from the Gould era. This is true.
But…. We are becoming a bit of a joke in the nrl world with all the ‘Penrith 2’ jokes that get tossed.

All our recruits have been unwanted, Penrith or absurd money in low key positions. The last time we won the race for a player that had multiple peopl after him without paying overs (in regards to rival offers) was actually Thompson. We did that because he was a Bulldoggs fan growing up according to actros.

The biggest blunder was not signing Foran.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m not saying I didn’t want him to stay but he was a part of the problem. Averillo was let down by development coaches. He come to grade lacking so much but had huge potential. Should have been preparing for fullback 5 yrs ago.
Let down by development, yet he still found moments to truly shine. That tells me his ceiling is high.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just saying it as it was. Nothing glamorous about getting belted week in week out for the past 3 years.
Certainly not our worst this year. If our plan was to shed the plodders rather odd we replaced him with 4 more Hutchison, Mann, Salmon and Turpin.
My take here is a targeted move to change the old guard and start a new era with strong trainers with good NRL experience to help set high standards and teach these young blokes how to be NRL players for the long term. We have two youth groups winning grand finals so it’s a perfect marriage with these types of players coming in from good systems.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because we are a basket case. We cycle through players like Mosy cycles through clenbuterol and T.
He mentioned thsi in the article I highlighted.

Manly are not a perfect club and are balls deep in bed with the LGBT but it’s a great part of Sydney to live, they do ok on the field and have some genuine marquee superstars and have recruited well next year. They big issue has always been depth and Siebold seems to have addressed that this season with some of the squad players.
Can you honestly say if you were a player and got two offers the same money you would choose Doggs over Manly??
There is not one player who isn’t a hard local and a deep fan from the womb that would ever choose doggs. To say you would is just kennel bias and you’re too smart for that Uleh.
Or if you only got one offer from Manly would you take it? ..Waddell did

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
People are clutching at straws to try and use Waddell being moved on as an example of the club being in crisis.
He wasn't moved on...he left willingly and enthusiastically, if these comments are anything to go by. Will probably tear us to shreds next year like Elliott did in his first game against us.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In other words trent left and he realised he was no longer going to get special treatment.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You generally do move on willingly and enthusiastically when you don’t have a contract in front of you
Lol who said he didn't? Talk about speculative fiction.

Josh Curran didn't have a contract in front of him and still couldn't muster much enthusiasm about joining us. Yet to read any quotes from him on the club's socials...let alone in the media.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Let down by development, yet he still found moments to truly shine. That tells me his ceiling is high.
He did, but I don’t think centre was his position. He should have been fullback but come to grade not physically ready for 1st grade. He got moved around a lot. If he was in the system when he had good 1st graders to learn from he would be a better player. His timing was unfortunate for him.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I saw this article on News.com. Its the second one from that reporter with a very negative spin. Waddell didn't actually say anything too bad but that journalist has really taken liberties. Don't know what his agenda/problem is. Also Title doesn't make sense, if Waddell is a Bulldogs discard, then how can he choose to leave Belmore. Doesn't discard mean he had no choice? personally as I have said before I would have resigned him for another year with a MO. I also think we will finish higher than Manly anyway. Apart from a broken TT and a 35 year old DCE Manly's roster is very very mid. We have some real talent coming through.