News ‘Young and dumb’: Xerri opens up on drugs ban and plan to ‘prove everyone wrong’ in NRL return

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Avo is a gun, we will regret losing him something kronic. Meaney is competition points leader and still a better fullback than anything we have. JMK better than mahoney. Nothing here is wild info

Ive acknowledged the young fellas on many occasions
I must of missed that acknowledgment. Sorry bro. We have a good crop of youngsters coming through and Gus is investing further in stronger pathways to create a pipeline which will be great for the club moving forward.
Avo is average, great with the ball, terrible in defence and can go missing. I hope he plays well but I think with what we have we more than covers his loss. Meaney had a good year and is a handy back up FB. He was really poor in both semi losses. Good runner with the ball. JMK had a much better season than Reed but IMO he is average too. Good speed and good defence, fkn horrible pass selection and vision

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be a gun you pretty much need to be elite both on and off the football .. if you haven’t seen Avo’s defensive issues you haven’t been watching .. it’s no good scoring 2 tries & letting in 3.

How can anyone say JMK is better than Mahoney when his club finish down the bottom of the ladder & only finished 2 places above us ? …

JMK has developed a good running game & can defend, but his decision making, passing and toughness is lacking and he has zero kicking game … Mahoney will show you up when he gets a better forward pack and squad around him …

You recognise Meany’s efforts in a much better team with quality players around him … yet Mahoney’s proven that he can go to a premiership when he has a better team & quality players around him ..

Meany wouldn’t even be FB if Pap’s was available ..

When it comes to footy you’re way out of your depth ..
Agree 100% bro.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Not with anabolic steroids and with his history ASADA are going to be all over him. He'll be pissing in a cup more often than a urinal. And he knows it, so does the Bulldogs high performance team, they don't want the trouble for us that his re-offending would cause.

Always a Bulldog
i still think playing shit is the way to prove everybody wrong

if lance armstrong came back and won another tour de france, no amount of testing would be enough to make people believe he was clean, but if he finished last then everybody would say thats what happens when he doesn't take steroids

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone knows weight training, body building etc, being “big” means nothing. It’s easily accomplished with the right diet, training. Good genes definitely help too.

I’m not into it really, but was years ago. I have recently started following Sam Sulek on YouTube however, and am inspired to get back into lifting.

I don’t know, but think Sam is natty. He is only 21 and absolutely yoked as the kids say lol. Check him out. Lifting heavy and doing the rest can easily obtain massive physique.

Edit: Apparently Sulek is doping. Oh well forget what I said lol.
Easily accomplished lol I beg to differ

sorry bro if you thought for a second a 21 year old can be as big as that retard Sam sulek without Roids you have no idea, he’s the next joe asthetics will be dead at 30

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone knows weight training, body building etc, being “big” means nothing. It’s easily accomplished with the right diet, training. Good genes definitely help too.

I’m not into it really, but was years ago. I have recently started following Sam Sulek on YouTube however, and am inspired to get back into lifting.

I don’t know, but think Sam is natty. He is only 21 and absolutely yoked as the kids say lol. Check him out. Lifting heavy and doing the rest can easily obtain massive physique.

How could u even think for a second sulek is natty lol just truly shows how out of touch will reality u rlly are

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
i still think playing shit is the way to prove everybody wrong

if lance armstrong came back and won another tour de france, no amount of testing would be enough to make people believe he was clean, but if he finished last then everybody would say thats what happens when he doesn't take steroids
There's a big difference Armstrong took and needed steroids to win, and he took them constantly for years. In comparison Xerri only took steroids to help spedd up the shoulder injury recovery, late in a break out year when he was negotiating a new contract, plenty of pressure to get back on the field as soon as possible. That's what the ASADA testing showed, only found steroids the once, so we either believe ASADA or we don't.

Always a Bulldog

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a big difference Armstrong took and needed steroids to win, and he took them constantly for years. In comparison Xerri only took steroids to help spedd up the shoulder injury recovery, late in a break out year when he was negotiating a new contract, plenty of pressure to get back on the field as soon as possible. That's what the ASADA testing showed, only found steroids the once, so we either believe ASADA or we don't.

Always a Bulldog
If u believe that u must believe in the tooth fairy also. Xerris brother is literaly a career steroid dealer lol join the dots twin

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Big deal he took some peptides, how many people are on gear at the local gym. No one cares and if it aids with recovery good luck to you.

I never cared about the Sharks peptide scandal and never once cared about him taking peptides to help with an injury recovery.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Big deal he took some peptides, how many people are on gear at the local gym. No one cares and if it aids with recovery good luck to you.

I never cared about the Sharks peptide scandal and never once cared about him taking peptides to help with an injury recovery.
Unfortunately not, Xerri took a cocktail of anabolic steroids, the full monty, that's why he was suspended for 4 years.
Nothing to do with Cronulla, all on his own.

Always a Bulldog

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unfortunately not, Xerri took a cocktail of anabolic steroids, the full monty, that's why he was suspended for 4 years.
Nothing to do with Cronulla, all on his own.

Always a Bulldog
I don’t really look down on this kind of stuff. Players have glassed, assaulted, domestic violence, etc.

In the grand scheme of things it’s nothing. It sucks for him that he got treated far worse than other grubs. I am thankful we’ve got him signed it’s a win win for him and the Bulldogs.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t really look down on this kind of stuff. Players have glassed, assaulted, domestic violence, etc.

In the grand scheme of things it’s nothing. It sucks for him that he got treated far worse than other grubs. I am thankful we’ve got him signed it’s a win win for him and the Bulldogs.
The NRL is a signatory to WADA and ASADA is the Australian arm of WADA. As a signatory to the WADA agreement the NRL must comply with the WADA rules which say 4 years out for anabolic steroid use. The NRL had no say in how long Xerri was suspended for, it's ASADA that enforces the ban and caries out the regular post suspension testing. At 3am they can turn up at your house and get you to piss in the cup, no warning they just arrive. During training is also common and they often do more than one player at a time.

Your other examples, not being performance enhancing drug related, are all NRL responsibility only, they decide the level of punishment or not.

Always a Bulldog

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Well said

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ikr people acting like he’s on a mr Olympia cycle, they wouldn’t even understand what an amino acid is or what a hormone is

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

I remember the name Sam sulek form this post because he sounded leb which obviously excitied me.
Today on snap I saw the latest episode of ‘natty or not’ they featured him so did to thsi post I checked it out.
basically he’s on an absurd amount of steroids and the hosteven said it was so obvious It was barely worth doing as he is the stereotype of roid addict.
It’s a great little web series. Please subscribe. You’ll be surprised who’s natty and who is not.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
@InGusWeTrust ninja I’m actually serious, you need to look at the natty or not episode on him, he is actually seriously unhealthy and the host breaks down how bad it is. Sulek is actually a candidate for a very early death.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not well said
Xerri has been on roids since he was a teen
It is well said bro. You know about Roids I can tell, you know most here are misinformed and believe u just jab ur ass and don’t have to work hard to get results, you know xerri was a scapegoat

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@InGusWeTrust ninja I’m actually serious, you need to look at the natty or not episode on him, he is actually seriously unhealthy and the host breaks down how bad it is. Sulek is actually a candidate for a very early death.
Like I said he’s the next joe aesthetics, sending young teens and kids getting into working the wrong message and image, these guys are all notorious narcissists and have 0 self esteem

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I must of missed that acknowledgment. Sorry bro. We have a good crop of youngsters coming through and Gus is investing further in stronger pathways to create a pipeline which will be great for the club moving forward.
Avo is average, great with the ball, terrible in defence and can go missing. I hope he plays well but I think with what we have we more than covers his loss. Meaney had a good year and is a handy back up FB. He was really poor in both semi losses. Good runner with the ball. JMK had a much better season than Reed but IMO he is average too. Good speed and good defence, fkn horrible pass selection and vision
Even if the second part of your statement were true, which it isn't, Reed would still be 0/4 in those categories. Signing him on big money when we could have kept JMK on the cheap is an embarrassment, fam.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Another proud day for the club when this guy pulls on the jersey for the first time lol

Attachments