Official Forget Mo

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Trying to find a positive - with both Broncos and Titans having to upgrade contracts to Tino Mo Fifta Haas it does mean they have less to keep the next group of top forwards from SE QLD as well as blocks the fg opportunities for such players.
I like ya thinkin' :grinning:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It definitely hurt us. By increasing the cap when they did, i.e., when the player market was bare, all the nrlol did, was inflate player prices, strengthen the strong and make it near impossible for the weaker teams to improve
And clubs have no choice but to pay more for players, because clubs have to spend their cap. Player managers must love the clowns running the nrlol

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’re really going to head into a season relying on Liam Knight to spearhead our pack. Unless Hughes and Patolo take miraculous leaps in development, we are gunna get steamrolled every week

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trying to find a positive - with both Broncos and Titans having to upgrade contracts to Tino Mo Fifta Haas it does mean they have less to keep the next group of top forwards from SE QLD as well as blocks the fg opportunities for such players.
We sign them all up when they are born. :p

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And that could be the basis for the recent trips up north from Gus. Some people assume it was to try and sign Mo (who wasn’t off contract) but it could have been to steal one of the next best talents coming through. Time will tell.
He needs to keep going north till he hits a new country . . . Get some PNG fire crackers on board

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We’re really going to head into a season relying on Liam Knight to spearhead our pack. Unless Hughes and Patolo take miraculous leaps in development, we are gunna get steamrolled every week
I can see, with the coaching staff getting stuck into our forwards making them realise exactly what is required of a first grade pack, that we can expect more mongrel, discipline and effort out of what we've got at least.

We still need leaders and experience of course but Ciro has to lay down the law as far as tougher performances go from our guys. There is room for improvement with them and mistake riddled, low effort guys have been moved on. The 2024 pack really should be vastly improved from the soft 2023 pack.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of players spending most of their time in NSW Cup Nafahu Whyte from the Roosters who was playing well in NSW Cup - he and Wong were standouts early in the year - imho, would be worth pursuing - will be behind Collins, May, JWH Leniu.

Doesn't address the need for an alpha middle - but just having middles that can compete and match would be a big step forward - Saifiti is probably the closest of the possible signings.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mo was never leaving the Titans.

His partner just recently gave birth to their first kid.

Last edited:

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can see, with the coaching staff getting stuck into our forwards making them realise exactly what is required of a first grade pack, that we can expect more mongrel, discipline and effort out of what we've got at least.

We still need leaders and experience of course but Ciro has to lay down the law as far as tougher performances go from our guys. There is room for improvement with them and mistake riddled, low effort guys have been moved on. The 2024 pack really should be vastly improved from the soft 2023 pack.
to me Gus knows we have a poor pack but what can we do in respect to players on the market ? It’s going to be a interesting pre season when they come back from holidays. Very confident that the media articles surrounding the lazy approach from a number of players will be weighing on the whole squad going forward into 2024…

it’s deadset going to be a hard cookie to crumble if we don’t see vast improvement come the first 3 rounds of the season. Once we get that go forward from our pack, it’s easy for burton and Toby to play their craft.

that’s why I’m so excited for people like critta, taafe,xerri. They bring a good work ethic and couple that with kikau, fox it could see a change in attitude during pre season and training.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Titans best recruit has been the Roosters accountant lol
Theyll be in shambles in 12-18 months and having to offload players and be running at the bottom of the table. Its Hasler coaching style. Guy will set you back 10 years :p

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will find some way to stuff it up!
He'll get consistency from his team. But once his decoy run play had been shot down by the NRL he had nothing to offer the playmakers to be creative. He really only has exceptional seasons when he's got extremely talented players in the spine who don't need much guidance.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t get your head around it ???

It’s blatantly obvious … you can’t just pluck players out of thin air !!

There are no elite props on the market, those that may have been available were offered an upgrade and decided to stay with their original clubs ..

What elite halfbacks are available ? …… you keep blaming Gould for not signing one, but you never answered the question …. Who’s available for him to sign … who do you suggest he goes after ??

Gus has bought one of the most talented athletes in the league in Crichton who they feel could be an elite FB, plus they’ve signed Taaffe as well who was the best on the market & just won MOM in a cup football winning premiership side ..

You can’t just go offer players way overs because you unbalance the cap and team, and if they flop or go lazy on the money like TPJ they can take years to move on .. it’s a balancing act ..

But you know all this it just doesn’t make for good trolling !!

Gus knows what he’s doing, you have no idea …. stick to what you know Fizbo, making snow cones ..
Morning paragraph,

U will well remember I posted a list of realistic transfer targets with 50+ suggestions. The club obviously took note as several of them were signed soon after. Whats your excuse. What else do u want?

If we wanna stay on the topic of titans recruits - I would suggest we go extremely hard for keano kini to fill our fullback void

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I told you all he wasn’t coming and itemsisee why and the breakdown of player salaries. They need Mo so they can get close to filling their cap

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morning paragraph,

U will well remember I posted a list of realistic transfer targets with 50+ suggestions. The club obviously took note as several of them were signed soon after. Whats your excuse. What else do u want?

If we wanna stay on the topic of titans recruits - I would suggest we go extremely hard for keano kini to fill our fullback void
You mean you went to zero tackle & copy pasted .

But that’s only 1/2 of what you said ..

Who’s this top half back Gould should sign ..

We’ve signed what was available for FB ..

Nice deflection though Fizbo … stick to making snow cones ..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kolo a must now and probably Terrell May too. After that there's pretty much no middles worth signing. 2025 looking more grim now.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I told you all he wasn’t coming and itemsisee why and the breakdown of player salaries. They need Mo so they can get close to filling their cap
Credit where it’s due …

You did say they had the money to re-sign him …

But Tino, Fifita, Mo and a few others on big money reeks of a Manly type set up, they’ll compete well, but due to being an unbalanced squad they’ll have weaknesses in other areas that the top teams will exploit, that’s what will keep them from being a threat for a premiership under Hasler ..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Credit where it’s due …

You did say they had the money to re-sign him …

But Tino, Fifita, Mo and a few others on big money reeks of a Manly type set up, they’ll compete well, but due to being an unbalanced squad they’ll have weaknesses in other areas that the top teams will exploit, that’s what will keep them from being a threat for a premiership under Hasler ..
With how our teams looking for 2024 and 2025 I don't see why you'd critise other teams rosters.