Flanagone....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If he wanted to continue being paid to play footy, fuck yeh I did. Because it's only his dad who offered him a NRL contract

EXACTLY, we couldn't even piss him off for a measly $200k because there were no takers
I don't believe for a minute we tried to sell him for 200k. Would have been a terrible piece of business. And as I said, you have no proof he wouldn't have been offered a contract elsewhere. He showed himself to be a very capable back up hooker, at very least.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You're happy to lay all blame at the feet of the players. I should be able to raise legitimate points about Ciraldo's coaching without being dismissed as a hater. You're better than that, lafam.

I don't really think Gus is senile, but I do think he is either not putting all his effort into this job, or he doesn't care....and for whatever reason, he is making some very bad decisions. And if his masterplan was to get rid of an underperforming player by getting him picked to play in an arena that was even tougher and more likely to show up his lack of effort, it's not really a shock it ended the way it did. Hardly a master plan to begin with, was it?
All the blame? No.
A substantial portion? Yes.

You can raise whatever points you want.
Doesn’t make you right. Righteousness is a bit of a problem in todays world - probably because there’s so many megaphones like sewer media.

As for Gus, take your concerns to the Bulldogs board, they seem to think what he’s doing is OK and no amount of forum bleating will change that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
All the blame? No.
A substantial portion? Yes.

You can raise whatever points you want.
Doesn’t make you right. Righteousness is a bit of a problem in todays world - probably because there’s so many megaphones like sewer media.

As for Gus, take your concerns to the Bulldogs board, they seem to think what he’s doing is OK and no amount of forum bleating will change that.
Saying 'doesn't make you right' doesn't make you right, either. Nor does falling back on the old board's on side argument. As if footy boards never get it wrong.

Again with all your talk of righteousness, you play the man and not the ball.... and it's a bit ironic considering if anyone is being self righteous and disrespectful of the other's view, it's you.

I don't think it is unreasonable to have serious questions about Ciraldo's competence given our performances this year. We looked a much better team last year. I'm not sure how regression can be construed as a sign of progress.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My language undermines my creditability but your comments under mine yours. Constant attacks against the club for yrs , doesn't matter how many times you change your name your still an in bred douche.
I'm actually in support as a generalisation for the club, board, and staff as a whole.
Sent you a PM, rather than create more drama here.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ made the decision to walk. You're crediting Ciraldo with that one too now? Pele already had a rep for being unfit and laxy.... buyer beware. If Ciraldo failed to get him to turn it around when the signs were all there that would be the case, getting rid of him isn't exactly an act worthy of high praise.

Me, lack of roster depth and injuries is no excuse for gaping holes in the middle of the field and shirt grabbing. When defence is this bad, the coach has to be held accountable. Also, you exaggerate many of your points. King's injury was not as bad or long lasting as suggested, Knight didn't improve our defence at all, and players like TPJ and Sutton are more capable in defence than they showed under Ciraldo.

How can you expect to get the best results out of your defence when you are chopping and changing the 17 and making needless positional changes every week?

The players we named throughout the year should all have been able to make a better fist of defending our line than they did. I'll I'm seeing is buck passing and excuses, fam. 32 points per game is atrocious and I don't think there's any excuse for it.
I kindly ask of you to trust that the following question is actually going somewhere, please.
What car do you drive?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they were happy with his effort, why would they be willing to pay so much freight to ship him off elsewhere? Especially when there were plenty of other players allegedly not putting in the desired effort? Your comment just demonstrates why @CaptainJackson's argument makes no sense. And if he is right, and it's the club's argument, not his, that only makes those running the club appear more foolish.
One word, skill!
His lack of skill is why they sought to offload him to another club.
You can have a 70-year-old putting in 100% effort all the time, yet a lack of skill and ability means that effort means nothing when it comes to playing at an elite level.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Saying 'doesn't make you right' doesn't make you right, either. Nor does falling back on the old board's on side argument. As if footy boards never get it wrong.

Again with all your talk of righteousness, you play the man and not the ball.... and it's a bit ironic considering if anyone is being self righteous and disrespectful of the other's view, it's you.

I don't think it is unreasonable to have serious questions about Ciraldo's competence given our performances this year. We looked a much better team last year. I'm not sure how regression can be construed as a sign of progress.
Getting defensive now. OK.

I’ve never said I’m right. I simply see reasonable conclusions in how things panned out this year. If you think sacking and starting again is the right approach well we likely go backwards again. Pay sacked, Baz sacked, different club management and still struggling. Yet the difference I see is the current mob decided to let the slab dry before putting the frames up. Your approach appears to be getting the jackhammer out whilst the frames are being erected.

I’ll leave you be. Now that he’s a Steeler you need to think of a new handle. @CameronGould is taken :-).

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF? Where did you get an implication that it's not ok to make mistakes from? People make mistakes, and that's fine....but Ciraldo signing and then releasing Pele isn't exactly an act worthy of high praise. I was responding to n argument about the standards he sets. If the standards were as high as people suggest and he was a good enough coach to get players to buy into them, we wouldn't be travelling as badly as we are now.
" If making mistakes so you can correct them later is the key to success, your boy is golden. "
Last line of your quoted comment, that you're replying to my reply to.
See where someone could read you're implying that it's not ok to make mistakes?

I agree that it should not be an act of high praise for releasing Pele after signing him, yet here we are, where whatever Gus and CC do, it's scrutinised to the n'th degree by not only the fans and supporters, yet the media too.
So desperate are some, they feel the need to point out the bleeding obvious to the naysayers!
At least we've all one thing in common, we yearn for success (well I hope we all do).

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I didn't sign Flano.... how is that an apt comparison? I just don't agree with you guys making a scapegoat of him when our club has made him look bworse than he is.
The need to win now over the last 5yrs is the reason why flanno was signed and a mistake especially for the money he got. He was 1 off many mistakes. Your love and undeniable support for this average player and Constant negativity for players while supporting flange makes you are target.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The need to win now over the last 5yrs is the reason why flanno was signed and a mistake especially for the money he got. He was 1 off many mistakes. Your love and undeniable support for this average player and Constant negativity for players while supporting flange makes you are target.
Which players am I negative towards? With the exception of Mahoney, who is our captain, and would be standard setter and has been terrible.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Which players am I negative towards? With the exception of Mahoney, who is our captain, and would be standard setter and has been terrible.
Mahoney hasn't been terrible. He is actually trying to hard. We needs support to minimise his role. You constantly put him down which is fine your opinion but don't say flange is a better player. Burton is been terrible, that seems like an attitude shift but maloney is always trying , putting his body in front just making errors from over playing his hand .

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mahoney hasn't been terrible. He is actually trying to hard. We needs support to minimise his role. You constantly put him down which is fine your opinion but don't say flange is a better player. Burton is been terrible, that seems like an attitude shift but maloney is always trying , putting his body in front just making errors from over playing his hand .
Your opinion, fam. I think he's been abysmal.... and I don't buy the he makes mistakes because he is trying line. He just hasn't been good enough. I think he is very overrated and his defence is a liability.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Your opinion, fam. I think he's been abysmal.... and I don't buy the he makes mistakes because he is trying line. He just hasn't been good enough. I think he is very overrated and his defence is a liability.
Yes and you have mentioned that week in week out, although Burtons defence been pathetic on the edge but no mention of that or Averillo poor reads or kiks Poor lazy effortless defensive plays. No you pick on the guy who puts his body on the line, can't be accused of no effort. This isnt a flanno dig because I rate his effort just not his ability but more about your constant out of tune whinging with your 2 back up singers singing the same song on repeat which deserve a guitar smash to end our misery.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish. Why does everyone here have such a hard time admitting mahoney has been woeful. Trying too hard isnt an excuse for a senior playa.

His Form has been downright terrible. His options in attack totally dreadful, constantly taking poor options. Defence iffy. Puts his body on the line thats the only positive thing that canbe said

Leadership not up to it either. Has lost composure at crucial times constantly. Made errors and conceded penalties losing his head constantly.

Lets get real and call it how it is pls

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish. Why does everyone here have such a hard time admitting mahoney has been woeful. Trying too hard isnt an excuse for a senior playa.

His Form has been downright terrible. His options in attack totally dreadful, constantly taking poor options. Defence iffy. Puts his body on the line thats the only positive thing that canbe said

Leadership not up to it either. Has lost composure at crucial times constantly. Made errors and conceded penalties losing his head constantly.

Lets get real and call it how it is pls
Same reason as the Insane Clown Posse has a hard time accepting Mahoney has been woeful, as he has been putting his body on the line to defend where the forwards should be, thus prematurely tiring him, leading to mistakes and dropping off tackles he normally wouldn't!
Call it a stalemate if you will, yet until ICP accepts most are saying Mahoney has been woeful, yet understandably so due to playing 3 positions at the same time due to team imbalance, neither side is going to move forward.
So, the ball's in your court, do you want to rotate upon this mantle, or move forward?