• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m planning to vote YES and will be encouraging others to consider doing the same. It is unacceptable that my indigenous workmates and extended family members can expect to live 20 years less than me, statistically have triple the chance of heart disease, diabetes, incarceration, more likely to live in poverty and will be less educated than me a white man. If I have an opportunity to vote in a way that puts something in place, a Voice, that just may change these statistics for one of the most vulnerable people groups on the planet, then I’m not going to miss the moment. It won’t be a perfect system straight up; May take decades to get it right, but I cannot be at peace voting against even just this chance for life change for First Nations people. My indigenous mate’s son must have the same opportunities (statistically) as my son. That’s why it’s a YES for me.
The worst part about your generation is that you had the chance to change the second nations woes 40 years ago but you all sat back and earned your wealth and let them suffer . Now you are 50-60 years old and have nothing else to do you will punish the rest of us young First Nations Englishmen for your own misdeeds and misgivings.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t like the second nations personally , a family member was stabbed to death filling up his petrol tank by a second nation man who had all the funding and opportunities to excel in life. My mother was spat on and punched by a second nations woman on the bus near Canley Heights for zero reason other than her skin colour. My friend lives in Darwin and works for the govt and has seen the disgraceful children and women abuse the second nations men commit. On the way to the picnic races our small plane had to be repaired in Bourke, we were attacked and robbed by the second nations people when we had no where to stay. I have worked in the health industry around Redfern with second nations people and they are the lowest forms of humans God ever created. The funding to these people needs to be cut and given to those who love our country

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
As I said earlier I’m yet to meet anyone who wants it. I worked in healthcare around the Second Nation community and no one wants it. My friend works in NT around the Tiki Islands and no one wants it. Arabs, Africans, Asians, Jews, North Europeans all move here and learn to despise the Second Nations, I wonder why
The inner-city elites, dole bludgers and inbred housos want it though because they see dollar signs

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
As I said earlier I’m yet to meet anyone who wants it. I worked in healthcare around the Second Nation community and no one wants it. My friend works in NT around the Tiki Islands and no one wants it. Arabs, Africans, Asians, Jews, North Europeans all move here and learn to despise the Second Nations, I wonder why
Well, I'm the opposite and its sort of pointless to argue who knows more people. I'm only quoting what the polls are like and the fact that this came out of a first nations working group. And that, for every referendum since day dot, the proposing govt has always had more money to play with than the dissenting vote. Which, when you think about the high bar thats required to get it through is probably fair enough.

But tbf - this should never have been politicised in the first place. Its a big decision. I just cannot take credibly any entity that says because we'll mention first nations in the constitution its divisive to all Australians but then they recommend that we mention first nations in the constitution. TBH, struggling to think of a more stupid pollie argument made that I can remember.

So imv, you have one side who at least is playing their arguments with a straight bat and the alternative is making shit up because they think the rank and file are too stupid too notice. Don't care which side of govt it is, if you treat me like an idiot, I'm not looking favourably on your view of the world.

Thats not driving my vote but it sure as hell makes it easier for me when I think about my reasons for my voting. But its all cool.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I really are still so undecided. I know I harp on but think on one hand why not I mean why not how’s it going to harm me and if it helps someone amazing but also I’m more into the well what’s it actually going to do? I know all the ins and outs of both arguments but I just my big two issues are it’s a legacy thing for a couple of politicians so they can go on Four Corners and write books in retirement about how great they were and I’d rather block that opportunity out of spite and I’d rather block that for these career politician guys that would never want to live in an indigenous community or actually give a fuck or dare have their daughter go out with an indigenous person. I live in Marrickville by the way so yeah I’m in Albos electorate with every hippy that would kill me if I said that in public. And two my second point i suspect it won’t actually do anything for anyone in these rural communities. It’s not really how they work just building a new school with an indigenous curriculum ect ect and a substance abuse clinic I don’t know I don’t think that will make a huge difference but what do I really know so fucked if I know. I guess I’m a fucking go for it then guy.

I can see why people say why not and I can see why people say nup fuck political bullshit do a better job.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really are still so undecided. I know I harp on but think on one hand why not I mean why not how’s it going to harm me and if it helps someone amazing but also I’m more into the well what’s it actually going to do? I know all the ins and outs of both arguments but I just my big two issues are it’s a legacy thing for a couple of politicians so they can go on Four Corners and write books in retirement about how great they were and I’d rather block that opportunity out of spite and I’d rather block that for these career politician guys that would never want to live in an indigenous community or actually give a fuck or dare have their daughter go out with an indigenous person. I live in Marrickville by the way so yeah I’m in Albos electorate with every hippy that would kill me if I said that in public. And two my second point i suspect it won’t actually do anything for anyone in these rural communities. It’s not really how they work just building a new school with an indigenous curriculum ect ect and a substance abuse clinic I don’t know I don’t think that will make a huge difference but what do I really know so fucked if I know. I guess I’m a fucking go for it then guy.

I can see why people say why not and I can see why people say nup fuck political bullshit do a better job.
The political side is an interesting. As I see it, if the No side wins, Albo and half of the world will blame racism. It will make Australia look bad on the world stage and Albo won't take any blame, other than Libs trying to put the blame on him.

If the Yes side wins, then Albo will use it to attempt to look like a hero. But if the Yes side wins and it doesn't help things, Albo will be remembered as the guy who introduced a failed policy.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The massive downside to this proposal is simple. There is absolutely nothing in it for the regional Indigenous people.
It has been designed by the inner city elites and is designed for their benefit. The local blackfellows will be still forgotten. Vote NO.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The political side is an interesting. As I see it, if the No side wins, Albo and half of the world will blame racism. It will make Australia look bad on the world stage and Albo won't take any blame, other than Libs trying to put the blame on him.

If the Yes side wins, then Albo will use it to attempt to look like a hero. But if the Yes side wins and it doesn't help things, Albo will be remembered as the guy who introduced a failed policy.
Yep I think you just summarised perfectly my thoughts. They are just going to turn it into a Shit fight when that’s not the point.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If only the stubborn clown left it as giving recognition for indigenous people in the constitution everyone would’ve said yes but when he wants to throw money at a wishy washy “voice” that he can’t even explain properly so people understand it he will lose and be a failure

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The massive downside to this proposal is simple. There is absolutely nothing in it for the regional Indigenous people.
It has been designed by the inner city elites and is designed for their benefit. The local blackfellows will be still forgotten. Vote NO.
It's meant to be the opposite. Every claim Labor has made is that this will be primarily for regional indigenous, and will be run by regional indigenous. Whether that turns out to be true is another thing.

This has details on the makeup of the Voice:

The Voice will be chosen by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people based on the wishes of local communities

• Members of the Voice would be selected by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, not appointed by the Executive Government.
  • Members would serve on the Voice for a fixed period of time, to ensure regular accountability to their communities.
  • To ensure cultural legitimacy, the way that members of the Voice are chosen would suit the wishes of local communities and would be determined through the post-referendum process.
The Voice will be representative of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, gender balanced and include youth

• Members of the Voice would be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, according to the standard three-part test.[a]
  • Members would be chosen from each of the states, territories and the Torres Strait Islands.
  • The Voice would have specific remote representatives as well as representation for the mainland Torres Strait Islander population.
  • The Voice will have balanced gender representation at the national level.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
A blonde was playing golf when she took a big swing and fell.

The party waiting behind her was a group from Canberra that included Anthony Albanese .

Albo quickly stepped forward & helped her to her feet.
She thanked him & started to leave, when he said,

"I'm Anthony Albanese & I hope you'll vote Yes in the referendum.
She laughed & quickly said:

"I fell on my arse, not my head

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The worst part about your generation is that you had the chance to change the second nations woes 40 years ago but you all sat back and earned your wealth and let them suffer . Now you are 50-60 years old and have nothing else to do you will punish the rest of us young First Nations Englishmen for your own misdeeds and misgivings.
It’s funny how as kids we all taught that we in control of our own life. Life be what you make it. I’d you don’t like your situation change it.
Except on the aboriginal topic then all it goes out the window and it is totally white people fault and it’s up to them (and only them, not azns, Jews, Lebs etc who doing well) to sort out the aboriginal problem.

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m planning to vote YES and will be encouraging others to consider doing the same. It is unacceptable that my indigenous workmates and extended family members can expect to live 20 years less than me, statistically have triple the chance of heart disease, diabetes, incarceration, more likely to live in poverty and will be less educated than me a white man. If I have an opportunity to vote in a way that puts something in place, a Voice, that just may change these statistics for one of the most vulnerable people groups on the planet, then I’m not going to miss the moment. It won’t be a perfect system straight up; May take decades to get it right, but I cannot be at peace voting against even just this chance for life change for First Nations people. My indigenous mate’s son must have the same opportunities (statistically) as my son. That’s why it’s a YES for me.
Cool.Ask your mate to explain how changing the constitution will help with any of that.Taking into account the numerous avenues presently set up and failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.