Bulldogs player walks out

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who would you have picked last week? We didn’t have Burns and Kiraz. We needed two centres. Avo has played plenty there, particularly this season so that was an obvious choice and Alamoti is the best of a bad bunch of other options.

You’re making out there are all these other better options, but I just don’t see it. Who else but Okunbor? Topine? No RFM or Preston in recent weeks. Ciro literally had no 9ne besides Kautoga or Lipoi Hopoi ffs! Of course he’s picking the much more experienced Okunbor. I don’t like it as much as anyone else, but we simply have such poor stocks of fit players. Even fully fit we’re weak.
Waddell instead of Okunbur with Skelton on the bench instead. He's had other options. Why hasn't Skelton gotten another run when he's averaged nearly 200m a game in 2 starts and played well against the Panthers?

Of course our team is weak either way but there's no excuse for giving up 40 every week for two months straight. Especially as a defensive coach..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its at boiling point and its taken years to get here.

- players have got used to a easier zero care factor ride over the years because the culture at the club has been "who cares".

- they are now getting pushed harder (in their opinion) to earn the same coin that they were earning on easy St.

- previous system wasn't working them hard enough and just added to the issues and now the current system is trying to add change and they aren't happy.

No one is to blame here but the shot callers of old at the club for letting this blow out, decisions need to be made and they are hard ones too because we can't stay on the same system and expect results to be better.
This is my read on the whole thing too. Ciraldo is pushing the culture and training regime that is required to be successful. Players were saying all preseason that they had never been pushed so hard, and unfortunately it has broken some of them. These particular players now either need to step up, or piss off. The team is only as strong as its weakest link!!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's abuse LoL
It’s downright torture!

Due diligence didnt play any part in RFM's re-signing. He was bog average on field only he stood out in a woeful team at times. Fuck we had Napa the sloth playing for us. I was shocked to hear when RFM was re-signed. We where suppose to be rebuilding then. I was shocked to hear he was made Club captain.
I put it down to that happening after only a month or two of Ciro getting to know the players. Ray was one of, if not our most senior players. He loves the club and I’m sure from conversations between them and his position at the club, he thought he was the right guy for the club captaincy. Sadly it hasn’t worked out that way as it seems Ray isn’t happy with how hard the daily grind is. It’s sad because Ray loves the club and been around a long time, but the reality is, you need guys not just saying they love the club, but putting everything on the line for the club. Reed Mahoney has been heavily criticised, and justifiably so in some respects, however one thing you can rarely criticise about him is his determination. He’s a first year Bulldogs player but puts in more effort than most every week. I’m sure it’s why he was given captaincy.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some of the contributors to this thread have been sidetracked by the terminology. The "victim" being forced to wrestle with a dozen of his team mates conjures up images of twelve players waiting their turn to lay the smackdown on his candy ass, but what the club calls wrestling is a long way removed from the (simulated) violence of the WWE. There was a thread on here (with pictures) a few months ago, and the "wrestling" was merely grappling and holding. Nobody was hitting a team mate with a spear and jackhammer, it was just another variation of a training exercise, and it is hard to imagine anyone being hurt by it.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s hard to see why people don’t view this interview and see that this is a person who understands the depths of the problems at the dogs.

People jizz about how much better Potter, Pay & Barrett were yet not 1 identified any cultural issues. If people think that is a better outcome, you are more deluded than you think.

One thing is for certain, CC ain’t gonna change his tune and this will work or be a massive failure.

When the blow torch is on, most weaker coaches fold and cave into media/fan pressure.
No matter what you think of him thus far, he has shown more spine than the last few rotations of coaches. You gotta respect that, especially as a 1st year coach
100%

To me he is viewing the situation on a long term basis which is what I’m sure we all want. It’s no point coming in and getting some quick results if they don’t last. They’re rebuilding from the ground up and sadly that means more pain before gain.

I like Potter but he seems to have a more laid back approach. It did get results, but whther he has what it takes to bring premiership success is another thing entirely.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guaranteed anyone that hates the Doggies will be yelling at the top of their voices that everyone from admin to supporters are scum because of this story and yet I bet many clubs do the same jmo!!

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Amazing how many on here have never played 1 game of footy in their lives but quick to throw the Coach under the bus .. this happens in most professional sports .. either you keep to the team high standards or simply fuck off!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been lost in the muck but please remember part of the issue here is COVID resurgence and unnecessary full body contact in wrestling.
I was just paid $2.50 to say your a DH and Covid was 2 years ago .. kaching $$ easy money ..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
bulldogs fans and members are big time idiots ffs

we previously had a great culture with a coach with very high standards, gus gould chooses a low point when we get knocked out of finals week 2 2007 to harp on about how our clubs physical hard hitting style is not working anymore, the fans immediately vote out the board at the next election, the new board get rid of folkes, the fans are happy and claim folkes was outdated and we need to modernise the club

so the club gets modernised, greenberg is hailed as the person who turned the club around, fans shit on how the club was previously run and produce the famous question 'how many premierships would hasler win if he had folkes mid 2000's roster?'

so now we see the result of this change and the club turned to shit once the remnants of the old guard was washed away, now the fans are unpleased with the situation and they are determined to return to the previous standards and are angry that the club moved away from it lol

they should make a movie about it

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Bulldogs fans 2007: this club only made week 2 of the finals, this is unacceptable, gus gould is right, we need to get rid of the coach and bring in a new style of play

Bulldogs fans 2020's: gus gould is right, this club needs to return to the old style of play

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bulldogs fans and members are big time idiots ffs

we previously had a great culture with a coach with very high standards, gus gould chooses a low point when we get knocked out of finals week 2 2007 to harp on about how our clubs physical hard hitting style is not working anymore, the fans immediately vote out the board at the next election, the new board get rid of folkes, the fans are happy and claim folkes was outdated and we need to modernise the club

so the club gets modernised, greenberg is hailed as the person who turned the club around, fans shit on how the club was previously run and produce the famous question 'how many premierships would hasler win if he had folkes mid 2000's roster?'

so now we see the result of this change and the club turned to shit once the remnants of the old guard was washed away, now the fans are unpleased with the situation and they are determined to return to the previous standards and are angry that the club moved away from it lol

they should make a movie about it
I am less concerned about going back to the 'bulldogs of old' and more concerned about moving away from the 'bulldogs of today'.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%

To me he is viewing the situation on a long term basis which is what I’m sure we all want. It’s no point coming in and getting some quick results if they don’t last. They’re rebuilding from the ground up and sadly that means more pain before gain.

I like Potter but he seems to have a more laid back approach. It did get results, but whther he has what it takes to bring premiership success is another thing entirely.
Anyone who thinks they had a good read on Potter is kidding themselves because you simply cant judge a good coach on being thrown into the job for part of a season. He may have excelled, he may not have, but the comparisons are not relevant

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ciraldo's a very good talker but actions/results are all that matter. I hope we learnt that after Barrett. I guess we're hoping he can turn it around like Payton did (at least being competitive and showing some pride in the jersey) after his 1st year...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“Nothing comes without hard work, we have one long day a week and if you get the last massage you‘re probably leaving at 5.30pm,” Ciraldo said.

Imagine your paid work day ended with a paid massage?? How devastatingly awfull!!! No wonder these guys are unhappy!!!
I work 7:30 - 5pm 5 days a week, and barely earn half of NRLol minimum wage. Harden the fuck up boys!!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I am less concerned about going back to the 'bulldogs of old' and more concerned about moving away from the 'bulldogs of today'.
plenty of people including people here, gus and cc have used the bulldogs of old as an example