• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bring in the black fellas to stir them up, why not?
Fuck 1980, times a change.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I coped a lecture from my sons first coach (Indigenous) telling me to vote no as it won't help the people but just make the ones that sold out richer.

Since the government is involved I lean to believing him.
That’s one of the reasons I’ll vote no. The Noel Pearson’s & Linda Burney’s of the country get richer along with fake indigenous people coming out of the woodwork for freebies like they already are but on a much larger scale

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I coped a lecture from my sons first coach (Indigenous) telling me to vote no as it won't help the people but just make the ones that sold out richer.

Since the government is involved I lean to believing him.
Fair play, he's entitled to his opinion. So the question becomes what does he want instead? Probably a treaty. Which I'd say is a fair enough view. But if he's disagreeing with it because of what the Libs are pushing, well then he's probably misinformed.

The same Libs that are pushing that shouldn't have first nations in the constitution and that a referendum is a waste of money. While saying at the same time, if they get in power, we'll have a referendum that'll push to have first nations in the constitution. Go figure. Think most agree that something should change. Personally, neither here nor there on a treaty but if the nutters are ranting about the Voice, wait till they see what a treaty looks like.

So, told you this b4 bro, you go where you think you want to go. But if you're worried about what change means to you and yours, then a treaty is the biggest change of the lot. And if you're taking advice from a demonstrated racist (hates Lebs, hates Africans, hates Pacific Islanders) on a question of race, probably not the right thing tbf.

Anyways, those rich first nations guys who are lining their pockets through first nations funding without any competitive process should be shot. Like this one.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...million-government-grant-20190202-p50v9a.html

Btw - you know what divest means right? Means you put it in your wifes name - just like Dutton did with all the free cash he got from the govt for building child care centres.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fair play, he's entitled to his opinion. So the question becomes what does he want instead? Probably a treaty. Which I'd say is a fair enough view. But if he's disagreeing with it because of what the Libs are pushing, well then he's probably misinformed.

The same Libs that are pushing that shouldn't have first nations in the constitution and that a referendum is a waste of money. While saying at the same time, if they get in power, we'll have a referendum that'll push to have first nations in the constitution. Go figure. Think most agree that something should change. Personally, neither here nor there on a treaty but if the nutters are ranting about the Voice, wait till they see what a treaty looks like.

So, told you this b4 bro, you go where you think you want to go. But if you're worried about what change means to you and yours, then a treaty is the biggest change of the lot. And if you're taking advice from a demonstrated racist (hates Lebs, hates Africans, hates Pacific Islanders) on a question of race, probably not the right thing tbf.

Anyways, those rich first nations guys who are lining their pockets through first nations funding without any competitive process should be shot. Like this one.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...million-government-grant-20190202-p50v9a.html

Btw - you know what divest means right? Means you put it in your wifes name - just like Dutton did with all the free cash he got from the govt for building child care centres.
The whole thing is fucked, I just want what's best for the people. I don't care about politicians because they aren't people.

PS 100% he isn't going of what the Libs are pushing, but more off his friends/family/life.

PPS it ends up his son is the nephew of Taaffe.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
The whole thing is fucked, I just want what's best for the people. I don't care about politicians because they aren't people.

PS 100% he isn't going of what the Libs are pushing, but more off his friends/family/life.

PPS it ends up his son is the nephew of Taaffe.
Fair enough. But is voting no whats best for them? Or is voting yes? All I can tell you is 'no' is more of the same. And the same isn't working.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fair enough. But is voting no whats best for them? Or is voting yes? All I can tell you is 'no' is more of the same. And the same isn't working.
True.

I just wish we had intelligent, honest people to make important decisions.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
True.

I just wish we had intelligent, honest people to make important decisions.
The hundreds of millions wasted so two selfish men (Albanese & Pearson) can have a legacy item could’ve been much better spent directly on indigenous communities by the government. Look how politicised this thread is even. It’s all virtue signaling & about causing a divide in the population

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The hundreds of millions wasted so two selfish men (Albanese & Pearson) can have a legacy item could’ve been much better spent directly on indigenous communities by the government. Look how politicised this thread is even. It’s all virtue signaling & about causing a divide in the population
I know I said it before but I guess it got overlooked because it's not political, but the money they wasted on this could of gone straight to the people that they are "pretending" to help.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know I said it before but I guess it got overlooked because it's not political, but the money they wasted on this could of gone straight to the people that they are "pretending" to help.
100% mate
We have an indigenous affairs minister, a heap of indigenous politicians & so many indigenous bodies and organisations. Do they need “the voice” to do their fucking jobs?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
That money wasted? Less than 10% of the annual first nations budget. The govt added $1.2B to that budget this year. Think if they added $1.5B all would be good? Govts since the 70's have thrown lesser and greater amounts of money at the issues. And here we are today.

Its one of the many straw man arguments made by the Libs. Like that first nations people don't support it. Well as of late July, 80-90% of first nations people are for it. You can pick these arguments apart one by one. For example, as for politicising the debate - I've hardly heard Labor mentioning the Libs around the Voice. They just say why its a good idea. Yet the Libs cannot say the Voice without mentioning Labor or Albo. Another straw man argument.

As I said before. You vote Yes - things may change. Maybe better maybe worse. You vote No - nothing changes. The 30% of the prison population is first nations doesn't change. The nearly 50% of the jnr prison pop is first nations doesn't change. The 9 year gap between the life expectancy of a Australian and a first nations doesn't change. The suicide rate of first nations to Australians being double doesn't change.

So, thats the question you should be asking, is it worth the risk to change? Everything else is just political fluff.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That money wasted? Less than 10% of the annual first nations budget. The govt added $1.2B to that budget this year. Think if they added $1.5B all would be good? Govts since the 70's have thrown lesser and greater amounts of money at the issues. And here we are today.

Its one of the many straw man arguments made by the Libs. Like that first nations people don't support it. Well as of late July, 80-90% of first nations people are for it. You can pick these arguments apart one by one. For example, as for politicising the debate - I've hardly heard Labor mentioning the Libs around the Voice. They just say why its a good idea. Yet the Libs cannot say the Voice without mentioning Labor or Albo. Another straw man argument.

As I said before. You vote Yes - things may change. Maybe better maybe worse. You vote No - nothing changes. The 30% of the prison population is first nations doesn't change. The nearly 50% of the jnr prison pop is first nations doesn't change. The 9 year gap between the life expectancy of a Australian and a first nations doesn't change. The suicide rate of first nations to Australians being double doesn't change.

So, thats the question you should be asking, is it worth the risk to change? Everything else is just political fluff.
You keep coming back to libs like I am one bro, fuck both sides and again I'm surprised educated individuals fall for the left/right paradigm.

Being Assyrian (basically the Indigenous of the Mid East) and basically, a human with a heart, I feel for the people with need.

Everyone is trying to sway others to vote their way, I don't know enough about it plus I don't trust any government.

Straight out I'm donkey voting because it's a waste of time, don't trust or believe anything the government says and not to cross over into the conspiracy thread, I don't believe in voting and it's more of a selection than an election. If there was an option to pass on my "vote" to a complete honest professional then that would be my vote, not yes or no.

BUT

With your post I agree, libs are against it because Labor introduced it, just like Labor would be against it if the Libs introduced it.

That's why I don't respect government, its not about the people, it's about the dollars and control of the people

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do they fund this? Could spend the money on stopping aboriginals raping their children and wives, now that’s helping the community.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I’m 0/20 aboriginal people who support it. If I met the aboriginal mafia I might get a different answer

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s always been about the legacy item, they are still filthy liberals stole the gay marriage from them.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If this fails Albanese he has nothing else to cling onto, Australia's version of Joe Biden without the good taste in ice cream or fast cars

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
You keep coming back to libs like I am one bro, fuck both sides and again I'm surprised educated individuals fall for the left/right paradigm.

Being Assyrian (basically the Indigenous of the Mid East) and basically, a human with a heart, I feel for the people with need.

Everyone is trying to sway others to vote their way, I don't know enough about it plus I don't trust any government.

Straight out I'm donkey voting because it's a waste of time, don't trust or believe anything the government says and not to cross over into the conspiracy thread, I don't believe in voting and it's more of a selection than an election. If there was an option to pass on my "vote" to a complete honest professional then that would be my vote, not yes or no.

BUT

With your post I agree, libs are against it because Labor introduced it, just like Labor would be against it if the Libs introduced it.

That's why I don't respect government, its not about the people, it's about the dollars and control of the people
Lol. I'm just talking to the issue and if I thought you were partisan, I wouldn't be bothering.

As I said before, you vote what you want to vote.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol. I'm just talking to the issue and if I thought you were partisan, I wouldn't be bothering.

As I said before, you vote what you want to vote.
Partisan? You calling me smelly cheese now? :p

You know me bro, no sneaky shit, no agendas, just sick of all the bullshit we have to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.