Tpj to retire from nrl

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The thing that popped I to was u lmao.. there is one of those contracts we were talking about earlier.. 1 down 2 to go.

We now have half of that 1.5 million I was talking about earlier.
You should talk more habibeh lol

I credit this to you lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The thing is this doesn't really affect our ability to chase Haas, Fotuaika or anyone for 2025..

TPJ was off contract after next season anyway and wouldn't be re-signed. The only difference this makes in cap space for 2024 and as we've already seen there's no one on the market for next year worth mentioning..

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Wow we have like 850 k or something next year for TPJ and probs 800 K for Thompson, with no one to sign! What will we spend that money on for next year?

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too inconsistent and too many brain farts.
Frees up a good chunk of cap money.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bulldogs star Tevita Pangai Jr to quit NRL to pursue boxing career
Bulldogs star and State of Origin representative Tevita Pangai Junior has shocked the game by announcing he will walk away from the NRL at just 27.

Canterbury prop Tevita Pangai Jr is to retire from the NRL to take up boxing at the end of the season.
The 27-year-old who made his State of Origin debut for NSW this year, has a season remaining on his contract at the Bulldogs.

It frees up $750,000 in the Bulldogs’ salary cap to launch a full scale assault for Brisbane’s Payne Haas.

This masthead can reveal the Bulldogs round 27 clash against the Titans on the Gold Coast will be his last game before he shifts to boxing fulltime.

Pangai Jr has a close affiliation with former Bulldog-turned-boxer Sonny Bill Williams, and featured on the undercard of his clash with Mark Hunt in November last year.

Pangai jr knocked out Jeremiah Tupai-ui in the second round of what was just his second career fight and it came after he opted to miss the Rugby League World Cup with Tonga in the UK to remain in Australia to work on his fitness.

The Bulldogs were Pangai Jr’s third NRL club in his eight year career. He debuted for Brisbane in 2016 but was released midway through the 2021 season, before playing six games for Penrith and then moving to Belmore.
I love how they drop his salary by 100k when he is leaving but was on min 850k in dogs colours

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good.....re-sign Waddell. Has been our best forward all year.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is absolutely hilarious. What an absolute disaster behind the scenes, marquee signing doesn't even want to play footy anymore after spending 2 years here :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Surely there is a way to turn this into a positive...over to you, social media team.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it’s actually hilariously sad that the dogs are so bad that he would just rather retire than play with us :tearsofjoy: But good riddance

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's crazy for him to leave the NRL at 27... But we'll take the cap space...

Only problem is we already have cap space with no one to spend it on and have to spend 95% of the cap next year. So an extra 750k with no one to spend it on isn't all that useful unless we can front load some contracts when upgrading players.
Really hoping for a marquee from another club wanting out who we need in the off season. It’s the only hope.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For everyone bagging him- he has still been our best forward this season apart from Preston. He comes up up with the odd dumb offload occasionally , but he makes a stack of metres and doesn't miss many tackles . I actually feel he hasn't been given enough minutes in a lot of games . For those cheering his leaving my question is who takes his place next year? We are already short of props this season. Thompson unlikely to be resigned . We are frantically short of middle forwards next year