Jake Averillo

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is no doubt Averillo will come good and become a very good good NRL player but in all honesty i can see Taafe do a similar job as they both have similiar traits.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah spot on. I didn’t know he verbally agreed. Tell this to all the Jake Averillo lovers. They all think Gus just got rid of him.
Yeah I was told he verbally agreed for sure. He literally was a done deal. Which is why I was in shock when I heard it

I know Jake wanted to play fullback and at the time Ciraldo was preaching the dud Hayze, so maybe he called the phins back and asked if offer was still on the table lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's called uncle Wayne's aura, when players get the chance to play under him they go.

Also sounds like he wanted a change of scenery from Sydney.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I was told he verbally agreed for sure. He literally was a done deal. Which is why I was in shock when I heard it

I know Jake wanted to play fullback and at the time Ciraldo was preaching the dud Hayze, so maybe he called the phins back and asked if offer was still on the table lol
Lost him because he thought we rated hayze? Lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's called uncle Wayne's aura, when players get the chance to play under him they go.

Also sounds like he wanted a change of scenery from Sydney.
Yep that's why their roster was assembled with rejects and older players on long term contracts and big $.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We offered Jake a nice contract which he verbally agreed to then backflipped. 2 year deal 400k a year. He chose not to take it.

Bye bye
If that was true Averillo's manager would of likely asked Gus for 3 years which was declined.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone is complaining about the club letting go Jake. He is reported to have got $500,000 to $600,000 from the Dolphins and what has he done in his years of first grade. Not much as we have been losing all this time. Sure he has speed but he is not a match winner.
Nasheed here,
Averillo isn’t the reason we keep losing.

A non critical position in a 17 person team (5% of size) doesn’t swing the pendulum much.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
People would complain if we tried to match the Dolphins offer and ended up overpaying him. Difference is the Dolphins need a center, so they were prepared to pay good money for him, we don't.
Is that true but?
They have Herb Farnsworth coming and have Lee, Te whare and aitken already.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We offered Jake a nice contract which he verbally agreed to then backflipped. 2 year deal 400k a year. He chose not to take it.

Bye bye
That is pretty fair I think.
Even 450 if he was hesitant.

did dolphins offer him 500k 3 years?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Bye bye
Yeah I like him, but fuck him if he backed out on his word. Don't need players like that no more, you either wanna play for dogs or ta ta

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judging by what he said in the Ebbs and Flows video posted yesterday, he was seduced by Wayno. Yet he also reckons Ciro has been his best coach yet and he respects him a lot…

Whatever the true reason, he made his decision and if we sign/have signed Taaffe, we get a similar replacement. Taaffe is a better fullback though. Better positional and defensive player. He is very quick like Jake so not much difference between them.

I would have preferred to keep Jake. He’s been a Bulldog simce he was 13, but HE chose to leave. HE wanted to meet with Wayne and said he knew after leaving the meeting he’d be a dolphin.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry about any dumb shit, being assumed public property is incitement, awkward, with inherent delay from antagonists who compound the whole thing for everyone, a separate issue to the footy, frustrating when not a public issue.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He scored that try which was horrible defence by the Dolphins but other than that Averillo was pretty quiet today. As explosive as he can be in attack when he's in space, he still needs to improve his defence no matter what position he plays..

Still, every game he gives a few glimpses of his attacking potential. With the way the Dolphins shift the ball and the speed they have, Averillo will do well at centre next year for them.
Sadly with this team it all has to be individual brilliance from our backs. Averillo on the back of a sweeping set play from the entire team could be a different prospect.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is complaining about the club letting go Jake. He is reported to have got $500,000 to $600,000 from the Dolphins and what has he done in his years of first grade. Not much as we have been losing all this time. Sure he has speed but he is not a match winner.
I'd take Critta over Averillo any day especially in defence jmo!!

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@TheSexDogs, ran into your BF today in Belmore... Couldn't help but mind fcuk the kid today.

Told him, "congratulations on the deal and good luck with the move.... We'll see you in three years then" ;)

His reply, "thanks, helped set me up and haha YEAH BRUH!"

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Kikau was a match winner before he came here lol. I'd be waiting to see what he can do for a club that isn't a dog's breakfast before making judgments about his match winning qualities.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He did nothing for me over the weekend for us to be spewing about.
not worth 500k