News Gould, Ciraldo meet with Justin Holbrook in attempt to sign Tino

ChesoBulldog

Banned
Reaction score
He probably got offered way more $$$.

Oh well, good to see Gus looking for a top level assistant either way. I have no doubt he will find someone to take over from Potter.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Assistants from strong clubs such as Penrith, Melbourne and roosters are the ones that get first crack at vacant head coach roles. Why TF would he choose us over them?
Im surprised people thought he'd select the slums of Belmore over the cliffs of Vaucluse, if that was what his choice was

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What on earth are u talking about. Typical Gus-cuck

He’s wanted a bunch of talent and gone hard at em since he’s been here and missed on many occasions. Last week he even went to the trouble of visiting a fucken convicted stabber criminal in jail to try and sign the Fainu brothers and still missed out

I know your type whisperer. You’ve lived and breathed myth Goulds Twitter feed for the past 18 months thinoing to yourself “life can’t get any better than this, we’ve got Gould” whilst blissfly ignoring his flaws and failures of both Gould himself and our team. The honeymooon is over, time to wake up and smell the coffee
I know your type Dreamer, you're the type who gobbles up everything the media says. You don't know shit of what goes on inside the club or what the clubs intentions are. You're a media sucker. Hook, line and sinker they have you. I bet you love Rothfield as well. So he missed out on players because the media said so, Hahahahahahahaha.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why ?

At this stage of the season with all the injuries and disruptions we are 3 wins from a top 8 position

Add the fact , we lost games we could have won in the warriors and roosters and we had perham and Flanagan in our spines for most part of the year.

With some luck we could have been challenging with this years squad and next year we’ve improved the weaker parts of our roster

Taaffe > Perham
Crichton >>> better than anything else we’ve come up with in the centres
Xerri > doesn’t have to do much to show more than what we’ve had this year
Sexton > Flanagan

Add kikau who’s missed most of year and some finds in Wilson , Skelton and younger players getting more experience in Edwards and Hughes then how do you not think we should be challenging for the top 8 ?
Because we still don't have a forward pack or depth to compete in the 8.

Most of our back line are untested and will take time to gel, and we still need first grade quality forwards.

I hope I'm wrong but I see us finishing around 10-12th

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus’s pitch:-

“Look, we’ve got 7ft Giraffe’s playing backrow, we’ve international players that a simple paper cut can see them sidelined for 6months, we’ve got a fantastic gym that Steve Turner polishes with his knob each mornin”…. You need to come home!

Holbrook:- “Yeah, nah”!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well that confirms what I long thought for a while... Roosters will end up with Jack Welsby now, give it time.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pretty disappointing not to get Holbrook, what disappoints me more is I want to hate him now he's a Rooster but I can't...

I still think we need a new assistant, not really sold on who yet though.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He got shafted at the Titans real hard

Something will come up if he takes an assistant role. He is way better than Seibold who got a gig again.

Helping Bulldogs back to finals is more impressive on a resume than coaching a superstar over the cap glamour roster