Jake Averillo

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scoring try’s doesn’t automatically put a player in the top 2 players of the year bracket …. there’s a lot more to the game than that, like the try’s he’s let in through weak defence and how he goes missing when we don’t have the ball ..

I think we all really like Averillo, he’s a local junior, he’s been with us through tough times, positional changes and different coaches has played its part, but he’s no rookie either, he’s level of involvement and his defensive issues haven’t improved throughout the years.

The decisions apparently been made for the betterment of both Averillo and the club, he’s moving on, time to wish him well and move on ourselves …
Perfectly said! People crying about Averillo leaving need to let it go. He’s signed somewhere else and wish him all the best and will continue to support him until he’s wearing that hideous coffeemate jersey

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree mate … CC should never have moved Averillo to right centre, in fact he should never have been moved to FB, left centre, or halfback over the years … if you’ve watched him closely he should have been our 5/8th where he would of had the space he needed and kept there, he’d be killing it now with over 50 1st grade games to his belt .. 5/8th he can excel in attack and be covered for in defence .. but they decided big money to move a Dally M centre to 5/8th was a better move …
To be perfectly honest i am not sure what Jake's best position is.

I like him at fullback but still do not really know if he has the beans to handle the high balls etc, in a high-pressure game.

What i do know is that Jake has been in an unenviable position during his time at the Dogs.

Rushed out of the juniors straight into a very ordinary NRL team, with multiple positional changes to boot.

Can't have been easy.

I think his time under Bennett will be very good for Jake .... Hope he kills it.

Interesting to see where he plays.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Listening to a poddy with Averillo and Kiraz.

They love Ciraldo and are talking up his coaching and systems. This is post Broncos game.

Averillo reckons he nearly teared up having to tell Ciro.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scoring try’s doesn’t automatically put a player in the top 2 players of the year bracket …. there’s a lot more to the game than that, like the try’s he’s let in through weak defence and how he goes missing when we don’t have the ball ..

I think we all really like Averillo, he’s a local junior, he’s been with us through tough times, positional changes and different coaches has played its part, but he’s no rookie either, he’s level of involvement and his defensive issues haven’t improved throughout the years.

The decisions apparently been made for the betterment of both Averillo and the club, he’s moving on, time to wish him well and move on ourselves …
Perfectly said! People crying about Averillo leaving need to let it go. He’s signed somewhere else and wish him all the best and will continue to support him until he’s wearing that hideous coffeemate jersey
A fucking Men. Finally people who talk some fucking sense. Seen people on Twitter ripping Gus for letting him walk. He was offered a deal and took more money elsewhere. Good on him. People carrying on like he’s the next JT. Fuck I even had one bloke call him a “generational talent”. He scores a few flashy tries. But tbh he’s defence is so bad. Floats in and out of games. Not even in the top 10 fullbacks in the game. He’s no loss imo.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

They love Ciraldo and are talking up his coaching and systems. This is post Broncos game.

What poddy is that mate?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

So sad.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A fucking Men. Finally people who talk some fucking sense. Seen people on Twitter ripping Gus for letting him walk. He was offered a deal and took more money elsewhere. Good on him. People carrying on like he’s the next JT. Fuck I even had one bloke call him a “generational talent”. He scores a few flashy tries. But tbh he’s defence is so bad. Floats in and out of games. Not even in the top 10 fullbacks in the game. He’s no loss imo.
You probably rate that spastic Burton though aye and ignore his defence.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You probably rate that spastic Burton though aye and ignore his defence.
I do rate Burton. Though I will admit he has a shocker two in him. But considering he’s what 23? Playing in the halves. He is far from the finished product.

So what’s your point? Comparing him to Averillo? Yeah righto champion.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I do rate Burton. Though I will admit he has a shocker two in him. But considering he’s what 23? Playing in the halves. He is far from the finished product.

So what’s your point? Comparing him to Averillo? Yeah righto champion.
So Burton gets the "he's only 23" card yet Averillo who's younger doesn't? Makes sense.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Burton gets the "he's only 23" card yet Averillo who's younger doesn't? Makes sense.
They play in different positions. I still don’t get why you bothered bringing Burton into it. I wasn’t comparing the two. Simply said fans need to stop sooking about him leaving. Don’t see anyone calling him a fuckwit for leaving and taking more money.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking today what would have been if he was given the off season and started at one this year, think we would have been a better side overall and possibly could have kept him

Furthermore what could have been if he was moved to fullback by one of the however many coaches we've had before potter did it last year

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont understand all the conjecture surrounding this?
I get that he’s a good player (well, attacker) and he’s a junior, but the way some are going on here you’d think he was billy slater?
Billy Slater doesn’t miss that tackle for Dolphins first try or drops the ball cold line open

Avo is major upgrade on Perham but he’s off next year so fk him

Malla

Reaction score
He’s ok. Made a few mistakes defensively. Caused 2 tries. Also had the nerve to have a go at Preston for throwing a pass a little too high. He should have caught it. Enjoy Redcliffe.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Averillo said he had his mind pretty much made up after his meeting with Bennett. Didn’t think he’d get an opportunity to experience something new. Going there to play centre also.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont understand all the conjecture surrounding this?
I get that he’s a good player (well, attacker) and he’s a junior, but the way some are going on here you’d think he was billy slater?
Nah he’s better than Billy Slater. He’s a generational talent and we just let him fuck. Gus should have given him 1.5 mil a year for 15 years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He scored that try which was horrible defence by the Dolphins but other than that Averillo was pretty quiet today. As explosive as he can be in attack when he's in space, he still needs to improve his defence no matter what position he plays..

Still, every game he gives a few glimpses of his attacking potential. With the way the Dolphins shift the ball and the speed they have, Averillo will do well at centre next year for them.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score

What poddy mate?

Can you share the link please?

Thank you!