No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve just done some research and can’t find any mention of Sexton being a dogs junior.
He might not have been a local junior but he was definitely in our junior teams for a while..

I couldn't copy the link to the tweet but this is from the Bulldogs twitter in 2018..

Congratulations to Frank Kuresa, Ryan Garner & Toby Sexton who have been named in QLD's emerging Origin squads

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He might not have been a local junior but he was definitely in our junior teams for a while..

I couldn't copy the link to the tweet but this is from the Bulldogs twitter in 2018..

Congratulations to Frank Kuresa, Ryan Garner & Toby Sexton who have been named in QLD's emerging Origin squads
Also lynne and co fucked up his resigning

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Broncos are furious with the NRL over a Ben Hunt “please explain” for negotiations they deny as the RLPA called out the hypocrisy of clubs denying release requests from players.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported three Queensland clubs, including the Broncos have received an email from NRL salary cap auditor Matt Faulkner, seeking any correspondence they may have had with Hunt.

The Broncos are furious to be involved in the investigation, given they maintain they have not spoken to Hunt and noted that several clubs have approached their players while under contract in recent times.

Former Broncos player Karl Oloapu was eventually released to the Bulldogs for a $500,000 transfer fee, while current Brisbane players Deine Mariner was targeted by the Dolphins and Jock Madden was linked to the Tigers just this week.

Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy denied Brisbane had any contact with Hunt, despite comments from coach Kevin Walters that they would be interested if he came off contract.

“There haven’t been any negotiations with Ben, and we’re not in for him because he’s not off contract,” Broncos chief Dave Donaghy said.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had no chance if it was broncos pushing him. Can we have Reynolds then even if he stays fit for half the year he makes a huge difference.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Broncos are furious with the NRL over a Ben Hunt “please explain” for negotiations they deny as the RLPA called out the hypocrisy of clubs denying release requests from players.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported three Queensland clubs, including the Broncos have received an email from NRL salary cap auditor Matt Faulkner, seeking any correspondence they may have had with Hunt.

The Broncos are furious to be involved in the investigation, given they maintain they have not spoken to Hunt and noted that several clubs have approached their players while under contract in recent times.

Former Broncos player Karl Oloapu was eventually released to the Bulldogs for a $500,000 transfer fee, while current Brisbane players Deine Mariner was targeted by the Dolphins and Jock Madden was linked to the Tigers just this week.

Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy denied Brisbane had any contact with Hunt, despite comments from coach Kevin Walters that they would be interested if he came off contract.

“There haven’t been any negotiations with Ben, and we’re not in for him because he’s not off contract,” Broncos chief Dave Donaghy said.

So he's lying lol... Like Andrew Gee and Ben Barba

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos till end of the season, I assume Titans after that. Broncos are going to get even better

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Man, some teams get all the luck imagine getting Walsh and Hunt for fk all in return
Exactly this. In about a year and a half the Broncos have signed Reynolds, Walsh and now Hunt. This is just another reason why I'll never buy Gus' narrative about how it's going to take time to build a competitive roster. The only reason it's taking time is because we can't seem to nail a damn key signing like other clubs.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man, some teams get all the luck imagine getting Walsh and Hunt for fk all in return
Exactly this. In about a year and a half the Broncos have signed Reynolds, Walsh and now Hunt. This is just another reason why I'll never buy Gus' narrative about how it's going to take time to build a competitive roster. The only reason it's taking time is because we can't seem to nail a damn key signing like other clubs.
Not luck. Great negotiation skills.

Maybe Gus can sit in on some. :tonguewink:

What is the saying, Not a penny more not a penny less

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe Gustavo doesn't want it to be quick, as he would be out of a job. It's Panthers mark 2.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Been like this for the broncos for about 30 years tbf

no other bottom 8 clubs have recruited well recently

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos are pretty much the complete team if Hunt goes to play Hooker. He's also provides depth if Reynolds goes down.

Broncos better not choke lol!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I forgot to add Adam Reynolds to that recruitment drive
Broncs will always have vast advantage in attracting players than we will. There is a huge marketing/business sphere of influence behind them. The wheels fell off for a couple of years but they are back on track nowdays.

We only have ourselves to blame for loosing our hard fought for mantle of (within) the top 3 of Sydney teams.

Gonna take several more years before we get to anythinng like playing like Broncs and also being as influential in the marketplace and with NRLHQ.