Copping it from a non NRL supporter

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Idk but can I buy whatever it is that’s in that frame?

$100?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering how everyone reacts to people who don't put their loyalty and emotion on the line for a team and think they can give it to someone that does.
Im a 64 year old who has followed the dog since I was 8 been a member for many years, took all my kids to games, many jerseys, a lot of memorabilia which adorns my study which includes the original below (1967 GF team), been through good times and the now extended period of bad times.

I've been copping it from someone who think he was a friend a Manly supporter, never been to a game, never owned any Manly gear, never took his son to a game and when Manly had some issues in the last years decides to think he is now a Penrith supporter. Lives 10 minutes from Penrith Park, no games no gear. The guy has no idea what it is like to be a true fan.

So I've had enough and I'm arcing up big time to shut down his crap.

Am I wrong?
What do you all passionate doggies do?
View attachment 74291
You’ve got no real footy related comeback to fall back on at this point due to how horrifically bad our team is

Only option I see is to deck the bloke to shut him up

Ps. Awesome piece of memorabilia u got there. Would u consider selling?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wondering how everyone reacts to people who don't put their loyalty and emotion on the line for a team and think they can give it to someone that does.
Im a 64 year old who has followed the dog since I was 8 been a member for many years, took all my kids to games, many jerseys, a lot of memorabilia which adorns my study which includes the original below (1967 GF team), been through good times and the now extended period of bad times.

I've been copping it from someone who think he was a friend a Manly supporter, never been to a game, never owned any Manly gear, never took his son to a game and when Manly had some issues in the last years decides to think he is now a Penrith supporter. Lives 10 minutes from Penrith Park, no games no gear. The guy has no idea what it is like to be a true fan.

Am I wrong?
View attachment 74291
Punch him in the head

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Am I wrong?
View attachment 74291
If I were you I’d go to Church or mosque. Something that matters to put your energy in.

This is just trivial stuff. We are talking about a corporation that doesn’t care about you, just wants your money, and you treat it like it’s a child of yours.

This is passive entertainment and nothing more.

But Allah, God, Jesus, the Prophets, this is where you must devote your energies. Not Haze Perham.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we are shit but people like that just say I dont really follow NRL when whatever team they pretend to follow is shit and lose.
I reckon if you dont put in you have no right to shit on someone else or if they do I have every right to fire back.
Watch some Andrew tate videos man. You’re too old to have these sort of emotions

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I must admit, after today's efforts, I'm not looking forward to the banter in the office tomorrow.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hes part of it. Another dud signing
He was signed by Barrett. What’s done is done.

We keep making those, so not sure why you continue to single him out lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
First have a concrete milkshake then tell him to shut the fuck up.

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I feel your pain. 67 was a very good year (born then, started supporting the Dogs a decade later, never wavered since).
Ive got a few mates, also Dogs fans, who have asked me “who‘s your second and third NRL team?” As if it was supposed to be normal to have a ‘back up’ when your ‘first’ team is going shit.
I told them to get f*&Ked, I only have one team. If I want a second team, I watch a second sport.

Ive frequently reflected on the fact that between 1977 and 2016 (40 years) the longest finals drought the Dogs had was 1989-1992. And even then we were competitive (we made a playoff for 5th one year). And when the drought was over, we were quickly back to the top in 1994-95.
We were really spoiled for success. The envy of every (yes, EVERY) club in the comp. It was a real easy ride being a Dogs supporter.
Right now, and for the past 7 years, the road has been rough. Like nursing an ageing parent or parenting a rebellious teenager. It will probably get better…but you just gotta tough it out.

Your so called mate, he’s not even a fair weather fan, he doesn’t know anything about being a real supporter. Don’t waste any time thinking about it. Remember that when you come to this place, you are amongst true believers. (Admittedly, a few ageing parents, grumpy old men and rebellious teenagers imbibing too many illicit substances…but true believers nonetheless).

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Am I wrong?
View attachment 74291
Had this kiwi bloke give me shit at the last place I worked when Blues lost origin games. The QLD supporters would give me a serve when I rocked up but then it was over fair enough cause they werent arseholes about it and we had mutural respect. It went both ways. But this other bloke use to just go on digging at me all day. He was a Rugby fan and didnt even care about League the smug prick. I told him he was fuckin imposter who came here 10 years ago, that he was born in NZ and last thing he should be doing was giving someone here shit about their state losing whether the NSW or QLD. He didnt get it.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Am I wrong?
View attachment 74291
He doesn't mean it. Just a bully who feels superior if he can upset someone. Not genuinely following a team, he is immune from criticism, so that makes him a coward as well.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When other people criticise our performances I agree and go even harder into specifics we've got wrong like our failure to recruit a decent 7 or 1. Blame our former management just like our current mob do. That soon shuts them up. In your case though I would be reminding that bloke that's he's a ring-in and not a real supporter. He's like a fly in the wind landing on a piece of shit

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had this kiwi bloke give me shit at the last place I worked when Blues lost origin games. The QLD supporters would give me a serve when I rocked up but then it was over fair enough cause they werent arseholes about it and we had mutural respect. It went both ways. But this other bloke use to just go on digging at me all day. He was a Rugby fan and didnt even care about League the smug prick. I told him he was fuckin imposter who came here 10 years ago, that he was born in NZ and last thing he should be doing was giving someone here shit about their state losing whether the NSW or QLD. He didnt get it.
He would get it if the All Blacks lost a major game and you ribbed him about it. Most bullies are cowards, and can't take it when you find their weak spot.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was a pretty hardcore dogs fan in my youth never missed a game at belmore now I just suppress the pain you get used to it
Been following the Dogs since the early 1950s. I'm past caring anymore. The disappointment of the past half decade has desensitised me to our constant losses.

Even Yesterday I was numb to the disaster unfolding before me, but as a true fan I watched it to the end and took some consolation that we stopped them making 50, and appreciated efforts from players like Morrin and Preston.