News Ben Hunt reportedly asks for release

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but my guess is he still ends up at the Roosters.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunt asking for an immediate release should tell us that he only wants to go immediately to a club with a current squad good enough to impact on the finals..... that should narrow it down.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gut feel is we miss out again. 100%. Only thing giving me hope is we know Gus met with him before he re-signed with Dragons. And supposedly again during the week. The timing to me suggests something happened in that meeting to prompt him to request the release. If he’s honest about going to a team to win a comp in the next 2 years, out of us and titans. It’s gotta be us. Broncos could be an option, but surely we have the money and the attractiveness to come here.

If we get Hunt, we’re top 4 bound next year. That’s the thing that’s making me excited. But know I’ll get let down and it’ll be Tyrone fucking May at halfback.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It shows how delusional and how much of a cock Shane Flanagan is.

- Rang Hunt before he was even given the job ;
- Met with him after this and told the media they have a great relationship;
- Hunt requests a release less than a week later but he says he won’t be going anywhere.

Read the room dickhead. He obviously doesn’t like you but he just doesn’t take no for an answer.

That’s why he doped his players and then ignored his ban. No wonder his son is delusional as well
How Flanagan Sr was allowed to even be coaching again was baffling. He just knows the right people.

Anyone else gets done for his cheating and we would never see them again. Clearly he is connected. The whole legal system/NRL is broken.

Thanks fuck he didnt sign with us and we maintained some integrity and ignored him at every turn. Phew. Take your son and give us a proven rep player thanks.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gut feel is we miss out again. 100%. Only thing giving me hope is we know Gus met with him before he re-signed with Dragons. And supposedly again during the week. The timing to me suggests something happened in that meeting to prompt him to request the release. If he’s honest about going to a team to win a comp in the next 2 years, out of us and titans. It’s gotta be us. Broncos could be an option, but surely we have the money and the attractiveness to come here.

If we get Hunt, we’re top 4 bound next year. That’s the thing that’s making me excited. But know I’ll get let down and it’ll be Tyrone fucking May at halfback.
Tyrone May? Wtf who? The loser from Penrith? Wtf hes beyond trash. Where did this come from? Fuck off

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or we know we missed out after meeting in the last week and drew our attention to may

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Hunt and a marquee middle (2025) we're top 4 imo. Hunt gets us into the 8.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently it’s a straight swap with flan the gun
I think the phone conversation went like this...

Hunt: Congrats Shane on getting the head coach gig. I'm sure this is best for both yourself and the club.

SF: Thanks Benny. I've been looking forward to coaching again.

Hunt: Shane, if you value your son's future in the game, I can take a hit and offer my position for him. What do you say?

SF: That's nice of you Benny. Thanks. Let's make this happen. I only want what is best for you and Kyle.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Gus doesn’t sign him, and we miss yet another opportunity to get an experienced half here..that’s ridiculous. should be going alll out to fix the mess This club has been in for so long. That’s why he’s here right ? So get it done!!