Official Round 14 vs the Roosters

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
100% agree with this. Unfortunately I am losing faith with our recruitment system. I still believe that the preference from within is to bring a 7 through the system.

They need to put the cheque book away for anyone that isn’t an alpha prop (we need at least two of these)
or a game managing half.

Every other position can be solved from within.

Stop signing outside backs and actually watch the game. Watch where we have deficiencies. Leave enough in the cap bank to get the players we need. Then fill in the blanks with minimum wager players.
Of course.
We are dominated every week.
The Roosters big boys rolled through us today like every team, quick play the balls and looked likely to break us, but great defence kept them at bay.
If we had Kikau, Thomson, Patolo, Pele etc to help TPJ out in the pack today we would have had the Rorters on the back foot and our halves could have had a bit more time instead of just quick and panic passes

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a disappointing end where I was disgusted, after cooling down and thinking about it, we did well to even be in with a chance of getting the points there. Losing Reed was massive. It really stuffed us.

The very frustrating thing is that we still could have and probably should have won. A few poor efforts or decisions cost us, but even a few ref decisions going our way could have made the difference, so I’m trying to keep it in perspective. The Burton strip and Okunbor knock on for instance.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NEW SOUTH WALES CUP and that says it all! but hey just what we need another tackler
Hate to say it but if Flanno replace Mahoney he would have held the middle and maybe would have won.
He just might have found his place.
Dad might take him to the Dragons as such.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tedesco just happened to have his best game this season against us too lol.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who provides the structure? We're a long way off.
Too many kids mate. Can’t expect them to always make good decisions until we have experience in the spine. That’s why losing Reed today wasn’t just losing a quality player, but our most experienced spine player.

Burton did his best but isn’t a halfback and Karl is just doing the basics at his young stage. It’s why we really should try to get Hunt. We need someone like him.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Genuine question. When is the last try we scored from a passing play in the attacking 20?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next week

1. Jake Averillo
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Paul Alamoti
4. Jacob Kiraz
5. Jeral Skelton
6. Khaled Rajab
7. Matt Burton
8. Max King
9. Nu Brown
10. Tevita Pangai Junior
11. Jacob Preston
12. Jackson Topine
13. Kurtis Morrin

14. Jayden Okunbor
15. Chris Patolo
16. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
17. Franklin Pele

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were clearly the better team today IMO. The loss of Mahoney and some very dodgy ref decisions regarding forward passes cost us.

Can CC stop naming Knockonbor in the team. He's a liability and not first grade standard

KO showed a lot of potential in lower grades but probably needs more time in the lower grades. His experience in first grade will help him no end for next season.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In Junior footy, you almost always give the ball or make the play to the best kid in the team.
Didnt any of these guys ever play junior footy? Our best player,the Foxx got the ball a couple of times and scored. But the play always seemed to go away from him.
The thing we lack is an on field general. No one is calling the shots. Ad lib footy is not the way to go.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s frustrating because the solution is not rocket science - we finished last in 08 and bought some good players for 09, none more important than Brett Kimmorley
Exactly right.
We had a rocks and diamonds player in Ben Roberts (who actually has a far better running and passing game to Burton I might add) and just needed Kimmorley to run the show and captain the team. This allowed Roberts to focus on his x-factor plays.

Kimmorley also improved many other players' games.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The sooner CC realises we need a halfback the better.
The sooner we have forwards to gain the ascendancy we will have the halves to take advantage.
Very one dimensional supporters.
CC obviously knows we are down on forwards.
What do you expect him to do with the young guys coming through.
It is a rebuild.
An apprenticeship for some players.
Gus has said that repeatedly.

Good performance today and should have won.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agree with this. Unfortunately I am losing faith with our recruitment system. I still believe that the preference from within is to bring a 7 through the system.

They need to put the cheque book away for anyone that isn’t an alpha prop (we need at least two of these)
or a game managing half.

Every other position can be solved from within.

Stop signing outside backs and actually watch the game. Watch where we have deficiencies. Leave enough in the cap bank to get the players we need. Then fill in the blanks with minimum wager players.
I liked the looks of Hame Sele, his stats last night were really good .. hope we’ve signed him and he’s not just another rumour fizz out ..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The sooner CC realises we need a halfback the better.
I'm sure he realises it but it's a no win situation at present. Still we have to deal with it and Burto back to 6 with possibly Nu Brown 7 (bc we need experience and some mobility not just defense which is only what Flanno offers.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To
I don’t think we appreciate how hard it is to win with no hooker let alone a prop/middle covering hooker

The halves aren’t getting any quick delivery and there’s no crafty plays off the ruck close to the line

Ciro needed to introduce Rajab early and play him at hooker
To be fair from what I saw, Edwards provided some good passes from hooker so it doesn't matter whether you you have GOD or Cam Smith at hooker, if you're halves aren't doing anything creative with the ball, it won't make a difference.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo needs to listen to bellyaches press conferences and call out the players for their dumb softc&&k performances.