Official Round 14 vs the Roosters

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To

To be fair from what I saw, Edwards provided some good passes from hooker so it doesn't matter whether you you have GOD or Cam Smith at hooker, if you're halves aren't doing anything creative with the ball, it won't make a difference.
The speed and crisp passing to the halves can’t be understated

From an opposition point of view defenders b and c are flying up because they know Edwards ain’t darting from dummy half or offering an attacking threat from dummy half

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The sooner we have forwards to gain the ascendancy we will have the halves to take advantage.
Very one dimensional supporters.
CC obviously knows we are down on forwards.
What do you expect him to do with the young guys coming through.
It is a rebuild.
An apprenticeship for some players.
Gus has said that repeatedly.

Good performance today and should have won.
Sad thing is that our reserve pack isn't knocking down the door of FG...

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The speed and crisp passing to the halves can’t be understated

From an opposition point of view defenders b and c are flying up because they know Edwards ain’t darting from dummy half or offering an attacking threat from dummy half
Yep, I agree with that.
That was abit of a problem in Ennis' last couple of years and just about all of Lichaa's years until his last contracted year..

You definitely need to have the defence worried about the dart from dummy half.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On form we shouldn't be but there is still a big class disparity between the 2 sides on paper. They have 5 guys who have played origin (2 who played Wednesday). They also have 2 current NZ players including the current golden boot winner.

We have 3 origin players (1 who was lucky to get picked and wont play again. The other one was a late inclusion as 18th man).

If we can keep Manu relatively quiet then I give us a decent chance though. They have been putrid at times this year

To be fair , isn’t that what you expect burton to do as well ?

For the same reason any other halves we put in first grade at this stage , they’ll struggle cause it’s a young team and we have weaknesses in the squad

Mahoney’s HIA cost us today . I think he plugs one of those holes the roosters scored from and I think he also gives us direction and leadership in those last 10 minutes that we’re lacking .

Like to see what Rajeb could do but I thin KarlO needs a run in reserves amd work on his game

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But who comes in?
Not Flanagan nor Reynolds.
Rajab was given a sniff today but who’s to say he’s going to make a big difference?
Have to persist with Karl and let his game develop.
We have a drastic lack of playmakers.
Maybe it’s better for him to start dominating games in cup and then come up with more confidence. Maybe Nu Brown can play 6 in the meantime.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let’s get a bit of perspective. The Roosters were good today; Nothing like their atrocious form over the last month. We went alright and lost a good game to a good opponent.
I’m a happy, optimistic Bulldogs fan today!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe it’s better for him to start dominating games in cup and then come up with more confidence. Maybe Nu Brown can play 6 in the meantime.
That’s the thing though - there’s no obvious choice. I’ve never really rated Nu during either stint with us and certainly don’t think he’s a starting half, a utility at best.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's time to mix it up a little and get some players back into the squad. Kiraz, hopefully, back, give Nu Brown a run, Pele is back next week. Get Patolo in the squad, does Rajab get a full game. Pretty filthy about today, we really blew it. Our defence around the ruck was under 10s stuff at times.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did I say he is better? He is 18 years old, Burton is supposed to be a rep player.

Burton lovers are quick to deflect to KO, just like you deflected to Flamingo and reynolds and JMK and whoever else you want to blame.

We need a HB, Gus chased Hunt from last year. If you want to experiment with a centre moving to the halves then you only do it when you have a real half next to him/KO/Rajab.
I just can't understand that with Flamingo proving that he was never going to cut it virtually as soon as he put on our Jersey plus the lack of Quality HB's in the comp, our brains trust have'nt played Rajab at HB and developed him their, IMO he showed showed plenty of ability and traits of HB play at least 2 years ago.
Some decisions like letting Cogger go and signing the Gun, and letting Meaney go to sign Dumpty make me sick, those responsible should be sacked

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why do we always make teddy look so good against us literally every game he scores a try against us
I fucking hate that piano toothed.bastard Tedsco with a vengeance, that dickhead always has a blinder against us, if that prick got injured in SOO and didn't play today, we would be in 9th position on the ladder right now.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I fucking hate that piano toothed.bastard Tedsco with a vengeance, that dickhead always has a blinder against us, if that prick got injured in SOO and didn't play today, we would be in 9th position on the ladder right now.
11th spot considering our for and against is bad but yh its annoying he always plays well against us

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too many kids mate. Can’t expect them to always make good decisions until we have experience in the spine. That’s why losing Reed today wasn’t just losing a quality player, but our most experienced spine player.

Burton did his best but isn’t a halfback and Karl is just doing the basics at his young stage. It’s why we really should try to get Hunt. We need someone like him.
Hunt and D Safiti with Flanagan and thompsons money. Remember if Newcastle want him out they’d have to contribute, those two signings would instantly turn us into a 5-10 roster over a 13-17

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or bring in poor Rajab at HB and move Burton back to 5/8th.
Thats how I would go till season end
I'm certain that Rajab would make a good (not sure great) HB with some PERSONAL training. It looks to me that other clubs/coaches use PERSONAL coaches particularily for players with the potential to be HB and we don't.
Raiders bought Fogarty and their winning rate with him in the team is reportately around 70%, and much less without him.