News ‘Headed for divorce’: Hunt tipped for Dragons exit as ‘perfect’ rival club closes in

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Hunt has a get out clause. Can he activate it as early as next week?

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently he has the clause and can activate it the minute hook got booted IIRC
I heard on the radio they wouldn’t give it to him when he was negotiating. I think James Graham was talking about it

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I heard on the radio they wouldn’t give it to him when he was negotiating. I think James Graham was talking about it
Pretty sure Voss and that old Penrith cock gobbler mentioned he did on SEN

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s give St George
TPJ
Luke Thompson
Kyle Flanagan
And we’ll take
Hunt and jack bird that’s a fair trade
he is under contract or has he been released...end of story just usual media speculation

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cmon GUS, give olmate Hook a Director of Junior pathways role and a couple of hundred $k a year and you and CC kiss and make up with him. Then sign BH...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As that fuckwit from Rugby union said, a good lawyer and half an hour can take care of the contract. Get him Gus.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's not much else out there. I have nothing against Hunt personally. I love how hard he plays, seems like a good dude who his teammates respect..

I just think he's not solving our problems even in the short term. He'd make us mildly better. Like I said, watching him play for Saints over the years, he's had his fair share of games where he's struggling to organise and put on points. Which is what everyone hammers Burton about. So will he really help Burton in that regard or will it be more of the same aimless attack where he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off? Which is what he does a lot at Saints...
He’s still a gun half and and an even better hooker. I’d welcome a Burto/Hunt halves combo and finally Burto would be able to just focus on his strengths.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do we have any elite centres in the team?

Are you telling me that Burton in the centres with Hunt and Oloapu in the halves doesn't make this team better?
It weakens our all important spine. Burto needs to be closer to ball even more so in the current state with our forwards getting emphatically dominated every week.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton cops way too much slack on here. Our whole attack LITERALLY rests in his hands. He is still going OK with a forward pack going backwards

Put an actual halfback with him, a fullback who isn't bundy cup quality and a pack moving forward. even cleary would do nothing behind this pack
You’re going against the grain and making sense hear.