Official Round 11 Bulldogs vs Warriors Game Day Thread

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wasn’t Skelton on extended.. he really isn’t rated by the club is he
Strange one isn’t it. He was promoted to Top 30 this year and signed a 2 year deal. Then had he not been suspended he would have played last week. This week nowhere to be seen. Gus seemed to rate him when he signed him. They obviously see him day to day. Something must be not pleasing them.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Strange one isn’t it. He was promoted to Top 30 this year and signed a 2 year deal. Then had he not been suspended he would have played last week. This week nowhere to be seen. Gus seemed to rate him when he signed him. They obviously see him day to day. Something must be not pleasing them.
I think it’s just that Skelton has been playing on the right all season, and Wilson on the left, so they just aren’t going to throw them on the opposite wing for their debut . Skelton was on standby the other week for Braidon Burns when he was touch and go to play on the right wing for Kiraz, but Burns was ok to play.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
I think it’s just that Skelton has been playing on the right all season, and Wilson on the left, so they just aren’t going to throw them on the opposite wing for their debut . Skelton was on standby the other week for Braidon Burns when he was touch and go to play on the right wing for Kiraz, but Burns was ok to play.
Agreed, I think it's the cautious approach to play them where they've been defending. As much as we all want to see Skelton wreak havoc in attack, it's our defence on the edges that's been our achilles heel.

If Wilson can hold firm in defence, and contest kicks (lol), then it's a good call

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done to young Wilson has genuine try scoring ability. Looking forward to seeing him provide some dash and hard yardage carries.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Warriors have lost 3 in a row and their performances have been inconsistent.

We have to fire now, this is the opportunity to win 2 games heading into the bye.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Warriors have lost 3 in a row and their performances have been inconsistent.

We have to fire now, this is the opportunity to win 2 games heading into the bye.
Critical part of the year for Canterbury, they have to win this.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Critical part of the year for Canterbury, they have to win this.
The fact that Roosters & Titans are still in the 8 shows there are two spots up for grabs. I want to see how they perform in a pressure game, season goes on the line tomorrow night.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blake will kill it. He has improved week by week. He has been with the club 2 - 3 years now.
Nooo he hasnt! Lol

The Canterbury Bulldogs have added a signing to their 2023 roster, with Sunshine Coast prospect Blake Wilson to make the switch to Sydney.

Wilson has been part of the Sunshine Coast system, having played his junior rugby league with the Noosa Pirates.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Skelton has some defensive deficiencies that may be holding him back. That said turnstiles such as Casey and Okunbur still keep getting a run.
Skelton would be a great bench role player to provide X factor and line breaking ability. Get rid of the powder puff okunbur.
Casey isn't a turnstile. Turnstiles actually slow you down, briefly.

Last edited:

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just putting it out there, I called Wilson before he was announced and said how highly rated he was by sunshine coast falcons trainers.. if he sucks everyone should forget this fact.. but if he kills it.. told yas

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We needed speed outside alamoti. Wilson is a good choice keen to see how he goes

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just putting it out there, I called Wilson before he was announced and said how highly rated he was by sunshine coast falcons trainers.. if he sucks everyone should forget this fact.. but if he kills it.. told yas
I think alot of people who follow the Cup side this year and the announcement of his signing last year knows this.