Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons Game Day Thread

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta say, Waddell's try was absolutely top shelf

To have the vision, skill and confidence to pull that off...outstanding

I didn't think he had that sort of play in him...well done
Great try, but if it didn't come off, TK would have had a meltdown lol. I don't think anyone saw that play coming, probably including himself.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
As I suspected, Atkins with the two ruck speeds. I did not think Dragons were particularly dominant through the middle with a prime Taumalolo

AVERAGE PLAY THE BALL SPEED
3.2s DRAGONS

4.18s BULLDOGS

Stats from NRL.com

This stat is fascinating.

Atkins and Dragons would argue that they dominated us in tackles.
I think CC should study this and see how many 1 second delays were caused from them working us on the ground off non dominant tackles occured versus how many of our players did not fight to their feet.

I am a big believer in confirmation bias - its part of my profession to help clients remove it where it sabotages their thinking. Atkins would have had tonnes of it after Reynolds challenging him on a call.

That sin bin was pathetic - Waddell never fully released the ball and was trying to maintain as much of it in his possession until the ref could get closer and make a call. Insted, he just assumed Lomax had it and assumed Waddell was ignoring his whistle.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
AVERAGE PLAY THE BALL SPEED
3.2s DRAGONS

4.18s BULLDOGS

Stats from NRL.com

This stat is fascinating.

Atkins and Dragons would argue that they dominated us in tackles.
I think CC should study this and see how many 1 second delays were caused from them working us on the ground off non dominant tackles occured versus how many of our players did not fight to their feet.

I am a big believer in confirmation bias - its part of my profession to help clients remove it where it sabotages their thinking. Atkins would have add tonnes of it after Reynolds challenging him on a call.

That sin bin was pathetic - Waddell never fully released the ball and was trying to maintain as much of it in his possession until the ref could get closer and make a call. Insted, he just assumed Lomax had it and assumed Waddell was ignoring his whistle.
Very poor reffing. It wasnt clear from the distance Atkins was at at any stage who had possession. He is a cheat.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished watching the replay. In interesting game theory Cronk suggested that Burton would have been better off going for the field goal. Do we think teams will be willing to go up by 3?
Only issue is the risk of a 7 tackle set and stopping the clock

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just finished watching the replay. In interesting game theory Cronk suggested that Burton would have been better off going for the field goal. Do we think teams will be willing to go up by 3?
Only issue is the risk of a 7 tackle set and stopping the clock
I heard him say that too. What a knob.
Surely burton was aiming for touch, just hit it poorly.
I thought he should have potted a point in the few seconds before half time to go up 7 but oh well