Opinion My hands up, I admit I was wrong, bring him on …

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking, have him as interchange with Reynolds he could play the last 20 minutes of each half. He could well be devastating.
This can work, JR to start 20, sub and play the closing 20 mins.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We wouldn’t have to tackle so much if someone could lead the team around the park and kick to the corners and get us repeat sets.
if reeds defence worries you……flanno’s lack of direction and game play is definitely the reason we are defending a lot of the time. Wait…..pass without hitting the line? Wait….kick up a tiny bit in the air to no one? Wait……no grubber or short kicking game….is it a bird, is it a plane? Well isn’t definitely not a bloody halfback what ever it is..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not defending Flanagan but this is a ridiculous comparison, reserve grade and NRL are totally different levels. Just look at Flanagan's stats from last season in reserve grade, this is from just FOUR games and from memory he was awarded motm in half of them. Totally different levels.

1 try
2 line breaks
6 line break assists
6 try assists
3 forced drop out

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Option 1 - a big kid who is a potential superstar in the making
Option 2 - a big kid between the ears who has proven time and time again he has nothing and even after repeated warnings is still incapable of producing

Time to go with hope instead of no hope.

Literally no-one can be worse than Flano
I'd rather he bought some time in Reggies than be another kid ruined for short term gain?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not defending Flanagan but this is a ridiculous comparison, reserve grade and NRL are totally different levels. Just look at Flanagan's stats from last season in reserve grade, this is from just FOUR games and from memory he was awarded motm in half of them. Totally different levels.

1 try
2 line breaks
6 line break assists
6 try assists
3 forced drop out
Tells you all you need to know about nsw cup...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think Flannagan is the solution either but we are definitely better off comparing their NSW Cup stats than FG to NSW Cup

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1 try
2 line breaks
6 line break assists
6 try assists
3 forced drop out
Whilst maybe not 100% accurate as it relies on Nrl data, the comparison of stats was intended to ask a question, in 1st grade would KO perform any worse than the 7 we have now ?

Theres very little between them and from what we’ve seen KO looks to have a lot more upside & theres every chance he’d perform a lot better than our current 7 .. KF isn’t our long term 7 we can’t see him being here in 2024 .. so why not give KO 15 minute runs of the bench, let’s see what he has to offer.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Whilst maybe not 100% accurate as it relies on Nrl data, the comparison of stats was intended to ask a question, in 1st grade would KO perform any worse than the 7 we have now ?

Theres very little between them and from what we’ve seen KO looks to have a lot more upside & theres every chance he’d perform a lot better than our current 7 .. KF isn’t our long term 7 we can’t see him being here in 2024 .. so why not give KO 15 minute runs of the bench, let’s see what he has to offer.
Karl will play when Ciraldo thinks he's ready to play and until then we're stuck with Flanagan, simple as that.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Karl will play when Ciraldo thinks he's ready to play and until then we're stuck with Flanagan, simple as that.
Wow, thanks for the heads up ..

Could that also mean there’s every chance Skelton and some of the other young blokes will play when Ciraldo thinks they’re ready ?

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

1 try
2 line breaks
6 line break assists
6 try assists
3 forced drop out
He could do this in NRL if Reed didn’t keep hogging ball.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking, have him as interchange with Reynolds he could play the last 20 minutes of each half. He could well be devastating.
KO is a better option off the bench than Reynolds. Would also give KO regular short stints in NRL before he is full time half. Good way to blood him in 2023

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The obvious solution is to put KO on the bench in place of Reynolds. He can cover a few positions and it would
be a good grounding. Reynolds may have passion for the club, but passion is only good if he has the ability as well.
KO is the future and the club would be silly to wait to long.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Flanagun what do you think about the gun moving to lock? His 91% tackle efficiency would help in the middle and he’s not much smaller than Topine or cam Murray.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont know if KO is ready for fg but i do know Flanagan has been extremely poor in fg.

Is it better to play KO off the bench in fg for 20 minutes or so or play a full game in reserve grade - which will be better for development?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we keep KO in NSW cup and keep the confidence sky high.. The more he waits and keeps striving for that call up the better for the clubs long term goals. Both halves are awesome in Tangatoas team and deserve to push for a premiership there in 2023. Perhaps if injury was to happen to Kyle or Burto.. you are forced to promote otherwise I would rather allow Kyle Flanagan to tackle his heart out and work on Burto and Haze to develop their combinations with the forwards and backline.
Who the fuck cares about a premiership in reserve grade??

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think Rajab might be more first grade ready than KO this season. It's a shame he isn't in the top 30. KO will be a star but let's not rush it for the sake of rushing it. He is only 18 and andvkearning valuable lessons this year. The Broncos blooded a lot of blokes early and the result was a few years of pain .