Opinion Kayo- poor quality

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I finally cancelled Kayo last month. There are free ways to watch that are the same quality, just need decent adblock for chrome or the Brave browser. I am never going back.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Kayos the fkn worst but I ain’t paying for foxtel lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I watch it on a 4k pc monitor (so in high res) in chrome and its been no issues at all. Also using nbn which u need for it at decent res. Probably crap on wifi or adsl

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Some issues I've had is it's scuffed on my phone this year, keeps jittering if I go HD quality (doesn't matter if phone data or wireless to my home internet). If I don't have window in focus on PC it sometimes stuffs up and I have to reset it. Also on Chromecast it buffers a lot (also have used Chromecast for Channel 7 and had no issues).

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be your internet when I use my shit internet this happens but when I connect to my 5g data it runs smooth

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does fox even do satellite anymore, thought they were pushing their internet based iq5 or whatever it’s at.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of Kayo, when it shows that ad break screen, is that when they show foxtel ads?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of Kayo, when it shows that ad break screen, is that when they show foxtel ads?
Would be added not licensed for the service which doesn’t make sense as it’s a Foxtel product.

There have been times a add has slipped through and been cut a sec or two later.

American adds are classic, loved them when I had Hulu.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with kayo ? Glitchy, drops out and buffers all the time.
This whole year it’s been much worse than last season.
Anyone having similar issues?
Figured it was just my shit internet speed.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every game it fucks up for me, trying to reload the app through my TV doesn't fix the issue either.

Usually wait about ten - fifteen minutes and it's fine then but so much for watching live streams

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If anyone uses the app built in their TV they are flaky at best, they aren't updated on the regular and most TV lack the grunt to run them well.

A dedicated device is always best, a Chromecast is the best value otherwise a Apple TV offers the best experience and quality for video snobs out there like me.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Sucked balls on ios/chromecast/androidtv. Ok with PC (browser), and atv4.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Foxtel 4k via an IQ5 on Telstra 100 mbps NBN works for me.

Always a Bulldog

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was shit in HD. Once I reduced the picture quality to standard it's pretty fine now