Bulldogs vs cows match thread

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only way Flanagan will be replaced is if he’s injured or we go on a really bad losing streak for like 5 games

Ciro is the type of coach to show faith in his players that he trained in the offseason with.

that’s why he complimented Okunbor in the presser. Everything he says is meant to boost his players confidence.

he’s a calm coach and that’s gonna serve us much better long term once we have a real 7 and forwards

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watch the presser...
"JO today was outstanding", "I thought he was one of our best players"- Cameron Ciraldo. The press didn't mention him, Ciraldo specifically brought his name up.
This club will do anything to make him something when he is not up to it.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo isn't going to make major changes when we're 2-2 and just lost by 2. Aside from replacing Brown and hopefully Pele being back, it will be pretty much the same team.

He talked up Okunbur a lot after the game. I don't see the appeal of him in this bench role but from Ciraldo's comments, he'll stay in that role for a while.
I think it comes back to winger being the most disruptive to a teams shape when lost to injury, HIA etc.
In theory (apparently) Okunbur can cover that possibility while also filling as a middle....apparently....
What it really highlights is our lack of fit middles and versatility in the squad at this stage.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sherwin was a poor defender when he started in first grade. Oloapu has shown he can tackle, atm I don't know how he defends in systems. Time will tell on that but what we know Flanagan is not the future.