Bulldogs vs cows match thread

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair he was alright JO I expected errors from him, I’m just confused how JO can’t do what he did to Cameron smith years ago, running over him. We haven’t had a player do this year or even for years other than more recently Franklin pele

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I looked at the stats and expected Waddell to be up there with penalties or ruck infringements, but he had none vs the Warriors... Though Preston had the most with two...
What about Sutton? Only one? :grinning:

But hey we all know its all a lottery and if you have a blue and white jersey you're more likely to draw a penalty :grinning:

Its just that we have to play mistake and penalty free for 80 mins to get any chance at all of an even shake from refs.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think avo or Flanagan will be dropped. We are light on players as it is. I'm not sure how Davey went, but I'm hoping his size along with Pele will help. I think they will be both in the 17, need some big boys.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Cows are missing: Nanai, Drinkwater, Hiku, Leilua, Cotter, Tamou, Taulagi, Shibasaki, Hampton, Gosiewski. 10 of their top 30 injured, or suspended.

This is a trap game for us, which I could see us losing.
Not confident at all.

Cowboys by 7-12

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciraldo isn't going to make major changes when we're 2-2 and just lost by 2. Aside from replacing Brown and hopefully Pele being back, it will be pretty much the same team.

He talked up Okunbur a lot after the game. I don't see the appeal of him in this bench role but from Ciraldo's comments, he'll stay in that role for a while.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep same, I never thought I'd have a day where I say the words "he was one of our best", but he was. Great game, plenty of metres and hit ups
5 hit ups and 32m in 25 mins according to League Live.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That’s what I love about Wayne Bennett his such a I don’t give a fuck coach that he will drop anyone not performing
Thats what it should be all about.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
NRL, much the same, has Okunbor at 5 hit ups, 31 metres and 8 post contact metres in 25 minutes plus 17 tackles and 1 missed tackle.

Always a Bulldog
So why single him out for special mention as one of our best?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Again, I don't see the appeal of it and wouldn't have Okunbur on the bench but he's probably impressed that he's gone from fringe winger to logging minutes in the middle and making tough tackles in a completely new role. Ciraldo seems big on the next man up mentality, hence the comments..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, 17 tackles and 1 miss in 25 mins is a pretty good work rate (as a comparison Kikau made 26 tackles and missed 2 in 80 minutes), plus he also had one of our fastest pay the ball speed (3.3 compared to Kiraz's 4.2) , which for someone of his height is not easy.

I think Ciraldo was also taking into account the fact that he was playing in the middle, something that he hasn't done for many years and not ever at NRL level.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Again, I don't see the appeal of it and wouldn't have Okunbur on the bench but he's probably impressed that he's gone from fringe winger to logging minutes in the middle and making tough tackles in a completely new role. Ciraldo seems big on the next man up mentality, hence the comments..
Next man up should have been Topine. His energy and effort more than compensates for Oki's height.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Def understand the coach bringing home his Oki selection in the presser but it is a questionable decision all the same.

Sounds like I'm bagging Oki. I'm not. I just dont support CC decision to bring him in over the top of Topine. It's the kind of poor selection decision Barrett made. Put underperformers into new roles and bypass the guys who've played the position their whole career.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I actually think this is a winnable game for us. I'd be putting that young half into the #14 jersey and giving him an intro into FG and see if he's able to step up. Ideally you wouldn't but Brown being injured and Flanno just marking time see how he goes with some minutes against tiring defence.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Def understand the coach bringing home his Oki selection in the presser but it is a questionable decision all the same.

Sounds like I'm bagging Oki. I'm not. I just dont support CC decision to bring him in over the top of Topine. It's the kind of poor selection decision Barrett made. Put underperformers into new roles and bypass the guys who've played the position their whole career.
I would rather have Topine there too. I was simply explaining why Ciraldo would have singled him out for praise.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo is a defensive liability

Worrying a little about Ciraldo's judgments now:

1. He claimed Okunbar was outstanding. I'm in fucking shock. He isn't even a forward. He would not even make the Tigers team
2. He still persists with only 2 actual forwards on the bench (I don't count Nu Brown hes a utility at best). We have fucking Morrin, Billy The Greek yeah not outstanding forwards but they're FUCKING FORWARDS to use... injuries are no excuse just poor selections
3. Averillo's so called potential to be world class at centre. He was developing into a nice fullback andhe can pass a ball. Pernham is a ball runner but can't pass. Averillo can't defend.

just a big lol
Not in the 30 either of those boys, Billy T was injured I think when they asked for an exemption for Tanner.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Averillo goes than Kiraz to centre and Casey or Burns wing, im not saying Avo should go. If Flannagan goes Avo or KO to 7, Reynolds is a bench NRL player at best. Topine should replace Brown. Morrin in front of Tanner any day and hopefully at least Pele returns.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciro didn’t ring the changes when we lost by 25 in round one so don’t expect any after losing by 2 in round 4

The only change will be forced through injury ie Nu Brown, which is probably a straight swap Topine who was 18th man

If Pele is back then he comes in for Tanner

I don’t mind Okonbor on the bench as he’s less than a liability in the middle where he has some protection than on the wing when he’s constantly caught on an island defensively and average under high ball

At least in the middle he’s a big body that can handle the physicality and make metres