Reed Mahoney

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is Harry Grant's barring injury
BS shouldn't be. Mahoney is shitting all over him. Seems as though Ciraldo has unlocked parts of Mahoney's game that wasn't evident at Parra.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reed is our best player. Absolute beast. The club need to manage his workload. He can’t continue to play those minutes at that intensity indefinitely. I would like to see him interchange with Nu Brown a bit more.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth is we could have had both.
Every squad needs two hookers.
JMK saw himself as more than Reeds understudy, and I can understand that. He wasn't going to hang around in case Reed got injured. He has certainly improved last few years, he always had that potential. But lets face it;

PlayerRunning GameDefenceVisionService
JMKAADC
ReedBAAA

Pretty clear who is the more complete player.

Last edited:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the first time in about six years we look like we have direction. Mahoney knows when to shift the ball and he knows when to play direct catching markers out (Burtons try). We finally have a player that can change the game and it makes for good viewing.

All this team needs is Chrighton in the centres and a ball playing back rower with size. I feel we lack a bit of punch in our forwards. Knowing TPJ has had a good off season I will like to see what improvements he has made to his game because at full potential he can be destructive and we need that otherwise anything less, he can go imo.

Our half back problem is our biggest issue and going back to Mahoney I think he is saving Flanagans' arse by making our attack look as good as its looked in many years. Flanagan just doesn't have that next level we need him to go to.

If we had a genuine ball playing half back, this current team with one or two changes as mentioned would be fighting for top four without a doubt.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
a ball playing back rower with size
We already have Kikau & Preston on each edge. That job is done. Just need time to mature the combos and watch them flourish.

It's the middle that needs work - that might be (partially) solved throughout this year when some of the injuries come back (TPJ, Patolo, Hughes, IMB).
Probably also looking for one or two opportunity buys.
team needs is Chrighton in the centres
Chricton will be a good addition to our strike. Fullback or Centre, wherever he ends up slotting in.
Flanagan just doesn't have that next level we need him to go to.
Yes, but he is okay for now. Best he's played since he came here (not saying all that much with that statement though).
By round 10 there will probably be some change around our halves. If not, then definitely for '24.

Give it time. Ciraldo is building it properly this time, from the ground up with the necessary solid foundations. Daylight in front of Barrett (incidentally, Eels are 0-3 | "The Barrett Effect"?).

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s not going anywhere. Can see him here for the rest of his career.
100%. I reckon Mahoney has looked like he's where he belongs from the first minute of this season. Inspired recruitment, champion player and I think head and shoulders our captain. I love watching him play, compete and lead our boys around. Just a brilliant player for us this season

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yet somehow Hasler and Co thought Liccha was better. What shit were those guys smoking. I'm so glad Reedy is back in our colours.