Cricket 2022/23 thread

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
So if Head is so shit you still haven’t offered better options. And what do we do with the worse performing players then Head overseas?
Lol - go back 30 pages - whole list of them. I'd actually go Bancroft atm. Go L/R at the top of the order, dump Head, bring in Hardie, Move Green up to 5 and Hardie at 6.

And what do we do - we fck them off. Oh - Warner is already gone....

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol - go back 30 pages - whole list of them. I'd actually go Bancroft atm. Go L/R at the top of the order, dump Head, bring in Hardie, Move Green up to 5 and Hardie at 6.

And what do we do - we fck them off. Oh - Warner is already gone....
Like I said you still haven’t provided better options! They maybe in time but currently they are not. And what did Bancroft avg in test cricket?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Like I said you still haven’t provided better options! They maybe in time but currently they are not. And what did Bancroft avg in test cricket?
26. So lets go like for like.

Bancroft - 18 innings. More than half of those were in England against a fairly handy attack and SA against prime Rabada. Was averaging 37 for the series against the saffers when his 3M sponsorship deal came in. btw - we lost that series 2-1.

Head - 18 innings (at the time). Avg 57. Four innings o/s - two on the roads of Dubai and the other two in England. Also got to buff up against the might of Sri Lanka at Manuka oval. We take that out and that average drops to 45. Still pretty good though.

But the key here is Bancroft is a career opener. Head got to enjoy life after Smith and Marnus beat up on teams.

So overall - I go with my eye. Head is just not an opener. Bancroft technically is and has just come of the best season of his life.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
avg 45 in test cricket and his Best years are in front of him and apparently can’t stand up to high class fast bowling. i can’t help you over to the @Flanagun
Averages 29 away from home including this series (22 at home, 14 away innings). 29 so not many years left. Fast bowling - word. Nortje just embarrassed him time and again (after the shit Gabba bowling performance) and that was here. @Flanagun has zero idea.

He thinks the best thing we can do for the dogs is clone 30 Kyles and have that for a squad. And you calling for him ?? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Hi La familiars, nice to see even when the ‘gun is on holidays he remains close to your hearts.

You’re on the wrong side of history when it comes to Head, Doogs. Has scored some tricky runs on very challenging decks against masters of their craft like Rabada, Nortje and Ashwin.

PS don’t be so ridiculous. As if I’d want a squad if 30 Flanos. You’d need to throw a few Waddells in there too, for the sake of team balance.

Don’t miss me too much. I’ll be back before you know it, baby!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hi La familiars, nice to see even when the ‘gun is on holidays he remains close to your hearts.

You’re on the wrong side of history when it comes to Head, Doogs. Has scored sone tricky runs on very challenging decks against masters of their craft like Rabada, Nortje and Ashwin.

PS don’t be so ridiculous. As if I’d want a squad if 30 Flanos. You’d need to throw a few Waddells in there too, for the sake of team balance.

Didn’t realise you were gone. Hope it’s not too long bay for stalking …

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

You’re on the wrong side of history when it comes to Head, Doogs. Has scored some tricky runs on very challenging decks against masters of their craft like Rabada, Nortje and Ashwin.

no okunbors ?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

u genuinely think Head is good? Thought it was another flanno pisstake.

Thats sad bro.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Im in the looney bin with @Doogie as he’s comparing head to Bancroft. This is agony
Bancroft is probably due for another chance, to be fair. Bring him in for Warner during the Ashes and move Head back to 5, I say.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bancroft is probably due for another chance, to be fair. Bring him in for Warner during the Ashes and move Head back to 5, I say.
Don’t disagree. Just not sure how he can get rid of head when he’s outperforming nearly all our batters the last 18 months. It’s a strange argument

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
u genuinely think Head is good? Thought it was another flanno pisstake.

Thats sad bro.
Yep. Very handy counter attacking player. And after his great knocks in Hobart and Brissie and improved showing in Asia, you’re just taking the piss at this stage, Doogs.