TPJ
Kikz
RFM
Thommo

Sutton
Preston
Patolo
Brown

Not sure about the forwards line up as TPJ hasn't trained and RFM has been playing lock and bench is still uncertain but that's the best bet.
Patolo? :|

Has he trained well?

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Patolo? :|

Has he trained well?
Scored a very strong barge over try today, reserves got dominated today apart from that.

But its Just a hunch because they'll need a bigger body on the bench. He has probably trained best out of the big boy fringies and occasionally has a run in the firsts team.. Pele offers more but gases very very quick.

By the way, where were you today? Was on the look out for some funny looking *****... :tonguewink:

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve noticed in some footage from training this week that Reynolds is the playmaker on the left edge, unless I am confusing him with Burton. Can anyone that’s been to training confirm?

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goes to show all the "sources" saying he was weighing up his options, waiting for other bids, etc etc, were authors of complete fiction
All rubbish, hey. Even when his manager was on Jama’s podcast he was saying Bulldog fans will be pleased when the news comes out and media was still trying to say he’s negotiating with other clubs lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve noticed in some footage from training this week that Reynolds is the playmaker on the left edge, unless I am confusing him with Burton. Can anyone that’s been to training confirm?
Someone else can confirm for you definitely but i think Burto has a little issue with a leg so his training is modified at the moment..i think that's what I read mate so it may explain this scenario..and Burto is way taller than JR so you would notice the difference.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton has been dropped to reserve grade for Reynolds.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait until you see how this kid is running onto the ball... Fukn back fence off shifts makes you want to laugh in excitement.

Our left edge is fukn MINT!
Have you been attending training in previous years mate, and if so how much better do they look this year?

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have you been attending training in previous years mate, and if so how much better do they look this year?
Funnily had that convo yesterday about being excited then getting slapped round 1. That was due to fact we always saw improvement with training from Pay to Barrett and now CC/Gus. You can see this year is different.

There has always been a gradual improvement but this year is as professional as i have ever seen it. The drills are different, the meticulous nature and attention to detail along with perfectionism is on fiull display.

The biggest detail is the comradery and the closeness of the players.. There are no groups just one solid unit.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funnily had that convo yesterday about being excited then getting slapped round 1. That was due to fact we always saw improvement with training from Pay to Barrett and now CC/Gus. You can see this year is different.

There has always been a gradual improvement but this year is as professional as i have ever seen it. The drills are different, the meticulous nature and attention to detail along with perfectionism is on fiull display.

The biggest detail is the comradery and the closeness of the players.. There are no groups just one solid unit.
Any potential excitement from last year was pretty much done and dusted in the first half of the trial against Newcastle. The attack was clunky and showed no improvement from 2021.

I couldnt believe that in an entire pre season we had shown no improvement whatsoever. Baz just wanted to persist with the panthers system even though it was obvious to anyone who knew anything about NRL that we didnt have the cattle to play like that.

Am pretty sure we will something a fair bit different in the trials this year

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any potential excitement from last year was pretty much done and dusted in the first half of the trial against Newcastle. The attack was clunky and showed no improvement from 2021.

I couldnt believe that in an entire pre season we had shown no improvement whatsoever. Baz just wanted to persist with the panthers system even though it was obvious to anyone who knew anything about NRL that we didnt have the cattle to play like that.

The trial in which the defence fell apart (Cronulla) and Gould expressed his displeasure was a sign

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Funny i remember that zapping it for me,
I also remember that cockhead Okonbor and CHN ruining the hype that other year too...but we all know that was misguided hope with that shit roster