Opinion Karl Oloapu

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would anyone raise this about a young kid?
too much time on your hands and clearly not connected to anyone who is trying to forge a career in the NRL
Hope he and none of his people don’t read this rubbish
Even if they did read it they'd realise that all of the fans are supporting him and excited about signing him aside from one troll

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This thread is fkn shit.

We signed a promising young player who may or not work out. Rather he is with the dogs than somewhere else. Your namesake on the other hand....
My namesake was a promising player who may or may not workout at one stage....you see what can happen when you place too much pressure on a young player. Don't lash out at me. I won't be the one bombarding the kid with hate comments if he doesn't develop as quickly as some people expect him to.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My namesake was a promising player who may or may not workout at one stage....you see what can happen when you place too much pressure on a young player. Don't lash out at me. I won't be the one bombarding the kid with hate comments if he doesn't develop as quickly as some people expect him to.
Nah, this thread is fkn shit even for you bro.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Even if they did read it they'd realise that all of the fans are supporting him and excited about signing him aside from one troll
Don't get me wrong, I hope he becomes an absolute superstar and he does appear to have the tools (although he looks like more of a running five eighth or lock than an organiser to me....too bulky for a halfback) I guess what I'm saying is, pour some cold water down your pants and don't put too much pressure on the kid.

Refer to the above comment and tell me what I said that indicates I don't support him. It's toxic fans on here who build players up too quickly and then spew hate when they don't meet their expectations or develop as quickly as they expect. If Karl doesn't meet your expectations in pretty quick time, you'll all start dumping on him from a great height.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rarely reply to a comment more than once and don't reply to everything. Do the math, baby....your sums don't add up.
Weren’t you the same one complaining a few days ago that Gus isn’t focused on bringing through and nurturing kids ?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nah, this thread is fkn shit even for you bro.
It's not, though. Many a young and very promising player has been crushed by the excessive weight of expectation in the past. Suggesting people should curb their expectations and just let the kid develop is actually a constructive viewpoint, even if it is delivered in a smartass way that irritates you. I don't see you complaining about people criticising Kyle in a much more vitriolic way....even though he has battled mental health demons and has faced a lot more criticism than this kid. It's ok for people to relentlessly hate on a player in a relentlessly malicious and humourless way if you don't like the player, but not ok for me to make a tongue in cheek post that nobody in their right mind would construe as genuinely malicious? Cool story, bro.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Weren’t you the same one complaining a few days ago that Gus isn’t focused on bringing through and nurturing kids ?
Nope, I never said that. I acknowledged his work developing our pathways. My issue is if we sign too many panthers those players will be raised into a panthers culture and not the culture this club was built on.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, I never said that. I acknowledged his work developing our pathways. My issue is if we sign too many panthers those players will be raised into a panthers culture and not the culture this club was built on.
Reminds me, you never did answer my question, can you even explain what the Bulldogs culture is ?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reminds me, you never did answer my question, can you even explain what the Bulldogs culture is ?
Family club, bred not bought, tough forwards, club over the individual (except when it comes to Elliott and Flanagun.)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Mr 95%

My thread got St George Illawarrad... what a cruel fate for a beautiful work of art, baby :(

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
from all reports this kid is something right out of the box, i just hope hes not another kaylan ponga

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The Flange reminds me of QLDrs trolling NSW by talking up the shittest prospects and trying to undermine the obvious talent.
Not undermining him, fam. Just pointing out he's still a kid and people need to keep a lid on it. This is what they do....they flip out over emerging talent and if the talent does not live up to their lofty expectations in pretty quick time, they dump on them.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 64686

He makes Fittler look small.
At 6 foot 2 inches and already at 100 kg he is a big boy.....of cause in time being only 18 years old he will grow another couple of inches and put on another 5-6 kg muscle. Perhaps in time he would make a future great lock forward. Can you imagine a lock forward with all the skills of a half? But presantly when Olo gets the chance to partner Matt Burton in the halves, we will have the biggest halves pairing in the league. :grinning:

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the lock position sort of turning into another spine position in the modern game. With his size speed strength and in general halfback abilities I can see KO becoming the perfect modern day lock somewhere in the near future. Which i would not be against at all!