What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's very much sounding the The Last of Us TV show is a masterpiece. Really looking forward to it now

Only watched the first 30 seconds because I want it to be a complete surprise, it looks great!

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Mandalorian season 3 teaser trailer..

Looks like they are possibly going in to the Battle of Mandalore in the last season of Clone Wars. Not sure how much they'll go into that, but Darth Maul and Ahsoka Tano were a big part of that battle.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For lack of anything better to do, I've been watching "his dark materials" on binge. It's not bad, but also not great IMO. I get the impression that the books would be a good read and that the tv series has been forced to leave a lot out. You have some pretty big jumps in knowledge. At times they keep saying they've learnef something new about dust (which is a vital part of welding power in this universe) but they don't really let us in on it very much. I'm pretty close to the end of the third season now. I guess the fact that I can fall asleep while watching it is a condemning review. But I've dropped off to sleep in about 4 episodes and rewatched them later. I'm currently too far in to abandon it, but kind of glad I'm close to the end.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For lack of anything better to do, I've been watching "his dark materials" on binge. It's not bad, but also not great IMO. I get the impression that the books would be a good read and that the tv series has been forced to leave a lot out. You have some pretty big jumps in knowledge. At times they keep saying they've learnef something new about dust (which is a vital part of welding power in this universe) but they don't really let us in on it very much. I'm pretty close to the end of the third season now. I guess the fact that I can fall asleep while watching it is a condemning review. But I've dropped off to sleep in about 4 episodes and rewatched them later. I'm currently too far in to abandon it, but kind of glad I'm close to the end.
I made it halfway through the first season. Plan of go back and watch it eventually, but it's not grabbing me at all.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I made it halfway through the first season. Plan of go back and watch it eventually, but it's not grabbing me at all.
There's a lot of ideas I like in it. But it just seems to try covering too much ground in no time at all.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just finished Koala Man on Disney+.
Not bad, has some great voice actors in it some from Rick and Morty, Jemaine Clemet, Hugh Jackman.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has anyone watched Godfathers Of Harlem? I haven't started it but I see season 3 is about to start on Stan and the trailer looks good..a massive binge could be on the cards.

Maybe less keen but I have noticed another gangsta style show, Black Mafia Family its on Stan too..

I had also spotted via ads Your Honour with Brian breaking bad Cranston..2nd season streaming every Friday as of the 14th..again looks well worth watching.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Has anyone watched Godfathers Of Harlem? I haven't started it but I see season 3 is about to start on Stan and the trailer looks good..a massive binge could be on the cards.

Maybe less keen but I have noticed another gangsta style show, Black Mafia Family its on Stan too..

I had also spotted via ads Your Honour with Brian breaking bad Cranston..2nd season streaming every Friday as of the 14th..again looks well worth watching.
Will be watching Your Honour.

I love all Mafia shows/movies but don't know how realistic it is if an African American is a made man. IIRC you have to be pure Italian so they can trace your lineage to the old country.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will be watching Your Honour.

I love all Mafia shows/movies but don't know how realistic it is if an African American is a made man. IIRC you have to be pure Italian so they can trace your lineage to the old country.
What's with all the name changes bro? :hearteyes:
Yeh I'm sceptical of that too..but I like the genre q lot so I may have a look, if it's lame no harm done.

Reckon Your Honour will be good.

I'm watching Black Snow atm..Travis Fimmel.Not bad so far I've not seen him in many other shows outside of Vikings.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What's with all the name changes bro? :hearteyes:
Yeh I'm sceptical of that too..but I like the genre q lot so I may have a look, if it's lame no harm done.

Reckon Your Honour will be good.

I'm watching Black Snow atm..Travis Fimmel.Not bad so far I've not seen him in many other shows outside of Vikings.
I got bored, Doom Slayer didn't feel right so I stuck with my kids nickname for me since he is my twin lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok I watched until the end. It's a slow build to a big anti climax type of ending. I don't know if it's better in the books. But I think I'm about 35 years too old and posess 1 penis too many to think the ending was worth watching 21 hours worth of the show. Maybe it's a great end for a 13-16yo girl. But for me about half the build up indicated that the ending might be intense. It didn't work out that way.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Deceit on Stan.
Based on a true story and again covers big stuff ups by British law enforcement In the 90s this time, hope these quarterwits have lifted their game these days.

At least the second recent one i can think of too last series was also the Poms I think.
Anyway their carelessness/ignorance cost innocent lives too(2 young mums and a beautiful 4yo girl, one poor woman was stabbed in broad daylight 49 times in front of her 2yo son f me :cry: )

The plod decided to pursue the wrong man proceeding with an undercover operation whilst not following up on strong leads against the actual killer.Yet again no disciplinary action against the police in the aftermath, though it took them 16 years to charge the real killer.The innocent guy in the sting and the undercover copper sued them however for about a million quid combined

It's 4 episodes and less than 4 hrs viewing well worth a watch(if this is your sort of show), though its upsetting or was to me anyway seeing the innocent victims and what should have been..

Having a rethink I have probably spoiled the watching with too much summary information lol sorry if so..was going to edit a lot of it out but nevermind now.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched the first episode The Last of Us..based on the game of the same name.. On the whole games to film..tv..are pretty hit and miss..mostly miss.. This is great..the decayed and rotting pandemic world of the game has been recreated superbly here.. the despair the loss..brilliantly conveyed.. Gamers will know the familiar characters and story..those that haven’t played the game I don’t wanna spoil anything so won’t name characters or go into the plot with more detail.. let’s just say the acting is top notch.

Hope the rest of this season reaches such heights of quality..

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m critical of the show since I’m a fan of the game so much, what’s with the accents and lack of them, than you have S***h, J**l and T***y not being the same as the game, stinks of Hollywood to me.

The episode was mostly solid and the potential is there, deviating to much will be it’s downfall.

the game nailed it, the show I doubt will live up to it.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched the first episode The Last of Us..based on the game of the same name.. On the whole games to film..tv..are pretty hit and miss..mostly miss.. This is great..the decayed and rotting pandemic world of the game has been recreated superbly here.. the despair the loss..brilliantly conveyed.. Gamers will know the familiar characters and story..those that haven’t played the game I don’t wanna spoil anything so won’t name characters or go into the plot with more detail.. let’s just say the acting is top notch.

Hope the rest of this season reaches such heights of quality..
Watching it now. I like that there's some different scenes and other parts are literally the exact same shots from the game.

I was talking to a mate who reviewed the show (watched the whole season), and he said that the first episode is probably the worst episode. He gave the show 10/10

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Watching it now. I like that there's some different scenes and other parts are literally the exact same shots from the game.

I was talking to a mate who reviewed the show (watched the whole season), and he said that the first episode is probably the worst episode. He gave the show 10/10
I will watch it when it's all out. Can't be fucked with weekly releases anymore, hate that they've brought them back.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was pretty good first episode has got me interested. Will be 8 episodes im guessing ?