What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How good was the game..superb! What did you think of part 2?
Part one is a 10/10 for me, best game ive played.

Part two was decent, it had massive shoes to fill and feel short part way though, I have played it twice the 2nd time when it was patched for PS5 and can't see myself playing it again. Compare that to part 1 which I play once to twice a year.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Part two was decent, it had massive shoes to fill and feel short part way though, I have played it twice the 2nd time when it was patched for PS5 and can't see myself playing it again. Compare that to part 1 which I play once to twice a year.
Yeah I agree.. With out giving the plot away to anyone who hasn’t played it..I think that certain decision sort of let the game down a bit.. But i did love some of the settings.. the skyscraper settings were great..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Agree with this. Part 1 is one of the best games ever made. Part 2 improved the combat and it had some excellent scenes, but overall it just wasn't as good. Too long, poor pacing. Still an amazing game and deserving of GOTY that year, but nothing compared to Part 1.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with this. Part 1 is one of the best games ever made. Part 2 improved the combat and it had some excellent scenes, but overall it just wasn't as good. Too long, poor pacing. Still an amazing game and deserving of GOTY that year, but nothing compared to Part 1.
100% I did love that final scene..and that hospital level was freaky..and the skyscraper scenes I mentioned earlier..

ps.. Hacky my quadstick didn’t need to be recalibrated to work on the game..which is a great bonus for an illiterate* Tech like me!!

* more too lazy to learn!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a huge difference in quality. I'm undecided about whether I'd want to go for a ps4 though just to play older games. I'm stingy and rarely buy games new, so a used ps4 would probably more than suffice.
Get a PS5, you can play PS4 games on it as it is backwards compatible. It also means if something of interest pops up on PS5, well you will have that base covered too.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was hesitant with The Last of Us tv show as I absolutely loved the first game, 2nd game not so much. But I was impressed with the first episode, even though I am still not 100% sold on the actors yet, I felt they nailed the scenes that where lifted straight from the game. So far seems like a good adaptation.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Binge watched The Rig on Amazon Prime.

It's only 6 episodes so it's not a long watch, but each episode is an hour and it feels longer than that. Early on I thought, "This is pretty interesting, hopefully it goes somewhere good". By episode 4 I thought, "I'm pretty sure this isn't going anywhere but I'm this far in so I'll finish it"

This is basically what happens when you make a show and spend all your money on the cast, and forget to save money for CGI, or good story board writers. The moment to moment writing is good, but the story is cliche and boring. The CGI is some of the worst I've seen. It feels like they had 1 hour of content that they stretch out over 6 hours, and worst of all, it ends in a To Be Continued and there is zero chance this show gets renewed for a 2nd season.

Best to skip this one unless you have absolutely nothing to watch.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know I’m late to this series..but man what a series Sons of Anarchy was.. Holy shit binged watched it over the last couple of weeks.. Never had a show emotionally effect me that much.. Wow!

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know I’m late to this series..but man what a series Sons of Anarchy was.. Holy shit binged watched it over the last couple of weeks.. Never had a show emotionally effect me that much.. Wow!
Yeah it’s quality, rewatched it 3 or 4 times and loved it just as much as the first. Yellowstone is written by the young cop from SoA and feels very much like it.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Binge watched The Rig on Amazon Prime.

It's only 6 episodes so it's not a long watch, but each episode is an hour and it feels longer than that. Early on I thought, "This is pretty interesting, hopefully it goes somewhere good". By episode 4 I thought, "I'm pretty sure this isn't going anywhere but I'm this far in so I'll finish it"

This is basically what happens when you make a show and spend all your money on the cast, and forget to save money for CGI, or good story board writers. The moment to moment writing is good, but the story is cliche and boring. The CGI is some of the worst I've seen. It feels like they had 1 hour of content that they stretch out over 6 hours, and worst of all, it ends in a To Be Continued and there is zero chance this show gets renewed for a 2nd season.

Best to skip this one unless you have absolutely nothing to watch.

I think a test pattern would be more interesting to watch. 6 hours of my life, I will never get back.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it’s quality, rewatched it 3 or 4 times and loved it just as much as the first. Yellowstone is written by the young cop from SoA and feels very much like it.
How about Otto being the creator of this one..and he is actually Kathy Sagal’s husband in real life..

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
That tennis one is pretty good well kept my interest and I’ve never been a massive tennis fan.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree mate it was good but as a big Aaron Pedersen fan I can't agree re the second part.

Mystery Road and Goldstone movies and the three subsequent TV series I've enjoyed the lot..fucking great Aussie fare.