Official Gus on Twitter

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He also tweeted Burton needs ankle surgery. Question is why is he still overseas then?
This was always going to happen, mentioned it before that it would delayed a fair bit and it was why I didn't want him in the Australian camp. Hopefully there's no issues with the surgery that lead to further delays.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also apparently flanagan last man standing with fitness tests ....weĺl done

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was always going to happen, mentioned it before that it would delayed a fair bit and it was why I didn't want him in the Australian camp. Hopefully there's no issues with the surgery that lead to further delays.
I don’t understand why himself and Fox got a decent break after the World Cup. They had at least a month off after the season. Other players at the club played at the World Cup and back training already (Kiraz and Rhajab). Fox I can kind of understand because he played every game bar one. Burton only played one or two games. Would much prefer he come back for surgery. And be raring to go come early Jan.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get that, but the surgery might be minor, the experience he picked up could be career changing .. best not to speculate, leave it to those in the know ..

The glass is half full ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I get that, but the surgery might be minor, the experience he picked up could be career changing .. best not to speculate, leave it to those in the know ..

The glass is half full ..
He's having his ankle cleaned out, carries some risk and will delay him by about a month if all goes well.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He also tweeted Burton needs ankle surgery. Question is why is he still overseas then?
I asked the same question, I’d have showed up at training before Christmas, I know he was in the squad but he didn’t play so as a half with a new coach, why not hit the ground running..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t understand why himself and Fox got a decent break after the World Cup. They had at least a month off after the season. Other players at the club played at the World Cup and back training already (Kiraz and Rhajab). Fox I can kind of understand because he played every game bar one. Burton only played one or two games. Would much prefer he come back for surgery. And be raring to go come early Jan.
The Lebs wanted to return early and that makes sense with both of them pushing for key roles within the squad. Burton and Fox don't have to do that so they will return when they're required. That's the way I see it.