Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly mate, Messi told multiple sources that they lied and treated him like rubbish and pushed him out
But hey, he wasn’t playing for Man United either
No difference
I do have a good laugh tho
And you still dont' call out Ronaldo nor admit that the club fucked up by bringing him up ...

You're mad mate. Absolutely mad.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He would still easily perform in most of the top 5 European leagues, can see him going France or Germany.

Messi was the same on his way out of Barca, claimed the club "pushed him out", "hurt him before he left for PSG" and claimed they lied to him and the media about his departure. Football fans are fickle and Ronaldos legacy wont be tarnished beyond repair.
Perform easily? You've been watching him play this year, right?

I get that he's a United 'legend' but his time is over imo. Sorry.

Legacy won't be tarnished beyond repair?

Maybe that then is a demonstration of United fans being about the player not the club?

When Gerrard was looking to leave Liverpool, we were all upset, but he had every reason to leave. The club was in absolute mess behind the scenes in all honesty.

As much as I adore Gerrard, had he done what Ronaldo has done here I'd tell him to fuck off as you don't do that.

I'm absolutely amazed you guys seem to be OK with this and look to justify it comparing it with Messi etc.

Madness but perhaps is a sign of United fans' desperation?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly mate, Messi told multiple sources that they lied and treated him like rubbish and pushed him out
But hey, he wasn’t playing for Man United either
No difference
I do have a good laugh tho
Ah, I've seen you've written a long speil about Ronaldo now in the United thread. Good for you mate.

So ....

"Shouldn't have done the interview' is all you can say against Ronaldo?

WOW. I'm honestly amazed by your determination NOT to say anything negative about him.

Get that he was / is a hero of yours but still?

You still backing Greenwood btw? Thought I'd ask as you're so consistent for your support of players ;)

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wish I could say I was surprised he'd make such a statement but ...

But, considering he's a man of integrity and always puts his hand up when he's wrong I'm sure he'll reply soon and admit his mistake ...
Integrity ? Who? The same guy that was lobbying to get other forum members banned or removed?
The same guy who lobbied to get this banter thread started so other forum members that he disliked don’t post in the Man Utd thread.
No integrity .
That is low fucking post that he made. Mocking people with developmental disabilities .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Integrity ? Who? The same guy that was lobbying to get other forum members banned or removed?
The same guy who lobbied to get this banter thread started so other forum members that he disliked don’t post in the Man Utd thread.
No integrity .
That is low fucking post that he made. Mocking people with developmental disabilities .
Blah. Some people don't change I guess?

Had to listen to him crap on about Ronaldo and Greenwood with the rape claims, saying it's not right to throw such accusations at players and what scumbags we were for even mentioning it but then ...

Makes a joke using developmental disabilities ...

Imagine he was looking for a laugh but ...

Anyway. We move on as we both know he won't reply to this at all.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair to say Ronaldo has played his last game for the club. Gave myself a day to process it all and this is how I see it.

It was disgraceful to come out against the manager the way he did. Im not bothered about the Rooney/Neville comments, but he should not have dragged ETH in all this, the guy has been in the job 5 minutes.

Im not going to completely drag Ronaldo, he has clearly lost his head and I dont know to what extent the loss of a child, other one being in ICU and his mother suffering a stroke all in the space of 3 months has contributed to what seems like a meltdown. Its why im just going to tread carefully until the full interview comes out tomorrow. Theres a big difference between being frustrated on the pitch and having what seems like a complete mental breakdown.

Im glad he dragged the Glazers in with him on his way down. But his agent needs to get control of him and whatever his next moves are before he completely starts to alienate himself from the world of football.

In time he will still be looked at as a United legend, Roy Keane is and he has slammed the greatest figure at our club in multiple books and interviews. Ronaldo won a Ballon D'or here for christ sake.

Genuinely gutted that he did this though and no doubt he needs to just be released from his contract before the restart of the season as ETH is building something here and this is just not needed right not.

Strong rumours from reputable sources are saying PSG and Bayern are interested. Bayern have already held meetings with him and his agent and are hoping he is ready to go for them in January. Can see him going there for 18 months.
I'd be surprised by PSG and Bayern tbh as haven't seen anything that shows he's still at a decent level?

Maybe?

Had his interview been focused entirely on the management (Glazers) I'd honestly back it to a point.

But, calling out your manager, other players both present and past?

Nah. Wasn't cool for him to do and a shame for you guys as I know what a legend he was to United fans.

Legacy is dead and buried.

100% wrong decision to bring back.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Toxicnaldo has gone nuclear, every since he has been missing his botox manicure sessions it has gone down hill for him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You never replied @coach ... shame like being the person who came in here shouting "integrity" and "some people never admit they're wrong"

To be expected tho.

Anyway, just wanted to ask you opinion on Ronaldo's latest comments:

Cristiano Ronaldo on if his teammates listen to him: "They don't care. Some yes, but most of them no. It does not surprise me as most of them won't have a longevity in the game."

Now. These comments I have to agree with him on as most United players are pretty shit.

But surely now. Surely even you. Surely you can admit that he really can't be talking that way about the playing group at United. Surely you won't be able to somehow link this to the Glazers.

Surely you'll show some integrity. You'll admit you were wrong.

Surely you will?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You never replied @coach ... shame like being the person who came in here shouting "integrity" and "some people never admit they're wrong"

To be expected tho.

Anyway, just wanted to ask you opinion on Ronaldo's latest comments:

Cristiano Ronaldo on if his teammates listen to him: "They don't care. Some yes, but most of them no. It does not surprise me as most of them won't have a longevity in the game."

Now. These comments I have to agree with him on as most United players are pretty shit.

But surely now. Surely even you. Surely you can admit that he really can't be talking that way about the playing group at United. Surely you won't be able to somehow link this to the Glazers.

Surely you'll show some integrity. You'll admit you were wrong.

Surely you will?
gee looks like all them united supporters have gone into hiding again

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
gee looks like all them united supporters have gone into hiding again
Nah, just a few. Billy and Bulldogs 4 life have always stood up and spoken so nothing against them.

Not surprised coach and his posse are quiet as it's always been that way. Cowards. But, that's expected really.

Generally amazed that people still feel the need to defend Ronaldo and shift blame to management.

Why defend him?

It's not like he's doing this for the best of the club. He's not doing this cause he cares about the club's future and believes it'll help them improve.

He's literally slagged off everyone and anyone connected to the club, even bringing Fergie into it.

How can people defend this? I'm honestly stunned by it