Give us your best 3 or 4 signing predictions

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Rather than Turuva, we should look at someone like Isaiah Iongi. Amazed Ciraldo and Gould didn't make a play for him over Blake Wilson.

Insanely good footwork, and incredibly quick off the mark.

Plays fullback for Panthers flegg side.
He was playing fullback in reserve grade to finish the year, Turuva was on the wing.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was playing fullback in reserve grade to finish the year, Turuva was on the wing.
Worth a shot over Averillo? Or if the Averillo experiment fails.

Surely wouldn't set us back too much if Panthers have taken their eye off him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Worth a shot over Averillo? Or if the Averillo experiment fails.

Surely wouldn't set us back too much if Panthers have taken their eye off him.
No :sob: :sob: :sob:

I've only seen him play twice at most so honestly wouldn't have a clue.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It must be a BIG signature or two :-)
If we could have any of the current british players I'd want Morgan Knowles to play lock, Welsby for fullback. Williams I would love, but I tend to believe he was homesick.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Where is he gunna play? He will get big offers IMO. He will be on min wage at panthers and they can't afford to pay more. Edwards will be their FB for the next 5 years
Ideally you wouldn't want to move May or To'o from wing to centre. But they could accommodate Turuva on the wing by moving Tago to left edge backrow and either on the wingers in.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some good signings i.e premium first graders and announced next week would be good please Bulldogs(Gus).
Will shut down some of the endless speculation too ffs :tearsofjoy:

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have two spots left in the Top 30 (at this stage).
Based on current balance, I think we're short a Depth Half and Depth Hooker/Utility (especially with BBO on a severe injury and lengthy recovery).

So,
1. (Depth Half) - Rajab's probably the obvious choice, but also Hayward and/or Glover in there if they can impress.
2. (Depth Hooker/Utility) - Same as above, but throw Zac Hetherington into the mix. Maybe Reynolds if he can defy the odds.

Any other signings for '23 are going to require cap and roster space.
So, if Gus can weave some magic, then:
3. George Williams (for Flanagan) [around $150k-$200k+ on the cap probably]; and
4. A replacement for Corey Allan. A fullback (Blake Wilson maybe, or perhaps Joash Papalii) promoted from within the extended family.

If he has a really good day out at the races, then maybe better-value replacements come in for Waddell, Okunbor, or Burns (although the latter two are probably earning towards the base anyway - purely better prospects in their roster spots).

The obvious caveats are:
* Who performs in the pre-season; and
* What opportunities pop-up from other clubs/other leagues/other codes, etc
Williams hahhahahahah

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Corey Waddell - 2 years
Kyle Flanagan - 4 years extension and upgrade
Jayden Knockonbor - 3 year deal with origin incentive
Corey Allen - upgraded 2024 deal
Funny enough 2 out of this list will not be in our team next year, it could have been 3 :tonguewink:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Funny enough 2 out of this list will not be in our team next year, it could have been 3 :tonguewink:
Now this will be interesting. Allen reportedly being shopped. Wonder if Flanagan, Okonbor or Waddell on the way out too…

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd take Waddell over Oki and flat as a Flancake....and that's saying a lot lol
Gus said " we have a plan ", I know he has more than just the one plan !
It remains to be seen who we will eventually end up with.

The Raven

Waterboy
Reaction score
Everythings Panthers on here jut admit it , Shout it out loud Panthers are the best.Everyone on here solution to every position is let's buy Panthers players......... ffs find another solution .Grow your own .Accept the fact you will be in the doldrums for a few years yet stop trying to apply a band aid solution look long term .

Last edited:

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Waddell and Allen won't be retained, Okunbor dodges a bullet, and Flanagan retained until someone better comes along.
That's just about it.
Waddell, Flanagan, and Allan are the last of Barrett's "overs" Brigade (Luke Thompson pre-dates Barrett, and Matt Burton is on "unders" at the moment). Barrett really has/had no idea as a head coach. But I guess we can be grateful he got Burton across (maybe the pain will be worth it).

1. Allan is obvious. Signed as #1 Fullback but barely getting on the field as a utility back. Biggest possible return to cap but also means he is the hardest to move on (without taking too much of a hit to our cap).
2. Flanagan is next. Need an upgrade. Yes we need to pay more for that upgrade but the trick is to find a home for his current salary. (Anyone want him? It seems not - not even Super League).
3. Waddell also on "overs". A Barrett pet. We can do better, both on upside potential and on value for money. C'mon Trent, you can convince Brad to poach such an amazing talent from under the Bulldogs' nose. Get some revenge for losing Mahoney. Twist our arm and we will reluctantly release him for '23.

Okunbor & Burns are Gould-era appointments, so they're unlikely to be on "overs", or if they are then not enough to make a real difference. Moving them on would be purely for roster spots for up-and-comers. Might as well wait 'til '24. Burns is reasonable value. If he does well under Ciraldo he might even earn a renewal. Okunbor would have to completely transform under Ciraldo (maybe).

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Everythings Panthers on here jut admit it , Shout it out loud Panthers are the best.Everyone on here solution to every position is let's buy Panthers players......... ffs find another solution .Grow your own .Accept the fact you will be in the doldrums for a few years yet stop trying to apply a band aid solution look long term .
Someone PLEASE Ban this dickhead. Has no beneficial input at all.