Twitter Thread- Non Gus

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't get why there's a discussion. Josh Reynolds would be captain based on experience and he bleeds bluest and whitest.....
You jest yeh?

I doubt he plays FG at all too @Family Guy ..
Does he have any qualifications for conditioning etc? might be a spot somewhere for this or as assistant reggies coach, I'd argue him playing even reggies is hindering our young guys development.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys might remember this particular game.

We played South’s. Mbye was fullback and went off injured. Hoppy moved to Fullback, and JJ went from back row to centres. Cummins called out JJ for the “too many penalties chat”, and didn’t give him enough time to get back into position. Cook moved the ball to where JJ couldn’t get to and South’s scored. JJ went and spoke to Cummins who apologised and said he didn’t realise he was out that wide. IMHO for that reason it is a risk to give the gig to JAC. It has to be someone closer to the middle.

Despite his young age, I would go for Burton, and upgrade his money with part of what JJ would have been paid. Baa Baa wasn’t much older than Burton is now when he first became Captain.

Reactions: obe

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why shouldn’t any of the new guys be captain? By that logic someone should go tell Ciraldo that he shouldn’t be head coach because he’s new.
I more meant shouldnt be assigned day one. They have to earn the players trust and respect in training first. Which is why Ciraldo delayed, good on him. If Mahoney is the right fit then so be it.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If sports journalists are supporting your POV, that's a sure sign your POV is wrong. We're talking about the same buffoons who suggested JAC was kissing his rep career goodbye and are now saying Burton should kick less...lol. Using them as backup really doesn't strengthen your footing, la familiar.
You are a better kenneler than a footballer Flan.....

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You guys might remember this particular game.

We played South’s. Mbye was fullback and went off injured. Hoppy moved to Fullback, and JJ went from back row to centres. Cummins called out JJ for the “too many penalties chat”, and didn’t give him enough time to get back into position. Cook moved the ball to where JJ couldn’t get to and South’s scored. JJ went and spoke to Cummins who apologised and said he didn’t realise he was out that wide. IMHO for that reason it is a risk to give the gig to JAC. It has to be someone closer to the middle.

Despite his young age, I would go for Burton, and upgrade his money with part of what JJ would have been paid. Baa Baa wasn’t much older than Burton is now when he first became Captain.
Agree with your comments that JAC may not be ideal from the wing.
However i dont think Burto is near to ready..Baa played first grade at 18 and I think he had played 10 or 11 seasons before getting made skipper in 1990?
I don't have a firm candidate but Thommo is in the mix for mine, Mahoney too even though he is a Dogs newbie.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with your comments that JAC may not be ideal from the wing.
However i dont think Burto is near to ready..Baa played first grade at 18 and I think he had played 10 or 11 seasons before getting made skipper in 1990?
I don't have a firm candidate but Thommo is in the mix for mine, Mahoney too even though he is a Dogs newbie.
This is Ciraldo’s first big decision. I seem to recall Warren Ryan took the captaincy off Turvey in1984, handing it to Baa Baa, before he relinquished it shortly after and it was then given to Tunks

There is no real obvious candidate. JAC is our most experienced player, but in a difficult position on the field to have an influence.
Is the captaincy a possible big key in retaining Burton, as well as increasing his contract money? Is he too young at this stage? Probably, but it has happened with young players many times over the years.

We don’t really have a close to 80 minute middle forward like James Graham, and the game is much faster now than when he was skipper.

I would not be surprised if we have co captains. JAC does all the official stuff with the media, and someone else leads the team on the field.

I would not be a fan of giving it to a player new to the club, but one player who has rarely got a mention so far is Kikkau. He is much more than a hole running forward. He showed a number of times at Penrith with last ditch try saving tackles that he is not lazy and can make the big plays. A last ditch tackle in a game against the Storm at Penrith, saved the game in the last couple of minutes. That showed me he could be a leader In the future.

I’m glad Ciraldo is taking his time over this decision. A leader will become apparent to him over the summer.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is Ciraldo’s first big decision. I seem to recall Warren Ryan took the captaincy off Turvey in1984, handing it to Baa Baa, before he relinquished it shortly after and it was then given to Tunks

There is no real obvious candidate. JAC is our most experienced player, but in a difficult position on the field to have an influence.
Is the captaincy a possible big key in retaining Burton, as well as increasing his contract money? Is he too young at this stage? Probably, but it has happened with young players many times over the years.

We don’t really have a close to 80 minute middle forward like James Graham, and the game is much faster now than when he was skipper.

I would not be surprised if we have co captains. JAC does all the official stuff with the media, and someone else leads the team on the field.

I would not be a fan of giving it to a player new to the club, but one player who has rarely got a mention so far is Kikkau. He is much more than a hole running forward. He showed a number of times at Penrith with last ditch try saving tackles that he is not lazy and can make the big plays. A last ditch tackle in a game against the Storm at Penrith, saved the game in the last couple of minutes. That showed me he could be a leader In the future.

I’m glad Ciraldo is taking his time over this decision. A leader will become apparent to him over the summer.
I think you're right in that there might be a committee or a few co-captains like other clubs do.

Kikau seems like a leader in how he plays and leads by example with big plays etc, but he seems like someone who wouldn't want to be captain and is too quiet to be talking to refs etc..

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1668159293688~2.jpgcalendar curse strikes again hahaha JJ, Ava, Schoupp gone hahahaha