Aaron Schoupp Released Effective Immediately

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm also ok with this dont think he was the answer.

JAC probably said "hey gussy brah, piss this hog off before I'm back in Aus will ya pretty please, I like the kid but the **** has glue on his hands"

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So with Jackson retired, Tui gone along with Schoupp, does that mean our current top 30 roster is 26/30?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
28 now I think, Jackson and Tui were already off the list released the other day.

Last edited:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I'm also ok with this dont think he was the answer.

JAC probably said "hey gussy brah, piss this hog off before I'm back in Aus will ya pretty please, I like the kid but the **** has glue on his hands"
I do think his non existent service to one of the best wingers in the world sealed his fate. He was moved on because we have centres with exceptional ball skills that will make JAC the no. 1 try scorer in the comp next year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another dud bites the dust.

No refunds or returns, bitches

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What have they done to make them not a dud and a great player at the bulldogs
Thompson might not be the definition of a dud, but he's not worth what we're paying him (and it's a significant amount) which I'd assume is why people are calling him that.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I liked Schoupp. Had a bit of **** about him.
Yeah. I liked him too. Had a bit of mongrel about him which fits in with the dog culture and also scored a good long range try last year which surprised me cause I didn’t think he was that quick.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought he did an admiral job considering he had pay and baz as his first 2 coaches amd was young.Also on stuff all coin so great for our salary cap balance and came through our ranks unless im mistaken.
Came over from St George few years ago. Was SG Ball when we got him I believe.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In some ways it’s a shame to let go of shoppie only because he was a junior and it would be good to see more of our juniors be successful and become one club men…. like jacko

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but Schoupp was signed till end of 2024. Most early reports state that he has signed with Titans for 2023 only. Could Gus have worked some magic and sent Schoupp away for 12mths, freeing up a spot and balancing the squad for 2023, for Schoupp to return in 2024?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but Schoupp was signed till end of 2024. Most early reports state that he has signed with Titans for 2023 only. Could Gus have worked some magic and sent Schoupp away for 12mths, freeing up a spot and balancing the squad for 2023, for Schoupp to return in 2024?
What would be the point of that though? By 24 Alamoti or Skleton will have one of the center positions with Kiraz taking the other one. Also if we sign Xerri he might come good and take one of those spots.

I'm sure Gus has shipped him off for good

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet to be made official by the club but apparently will be today.

Alamoti probably gets more time in first grade in ‘23 but where does that leave him for ‘24 when Chrichton arrives?