Repatriation of IS Wives and Children

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I only feel for the kids as well. And to put it in the most sensitive way possible, those kids have seen things that not even soldiers at war have seen. People are very naive thinking that these kids will just assimilate into regular society. Half of them would have witnessed their fathers heads being blown off in front of them, or having their father dragged away in hand cuffs. We definitely should offer them help, but no one can ever be 100% sure what 47 kids are thinking, it only takes 1 out of the 47 to carry that rage and seek revenge. Now I dont know what the best alternative is to helping kids whilst keeping the best interests of Australia, but im not confident that just bringing them into society is the best bet.
it’s a tough situation either way, their best chance at normalcy is here and it’s going to require so much work.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The poor orphaned kiddies. The wife followed him over there. But they are given a free pass cause the mother died.
I’m not defending that mate but they weren’t brides as suggested, they were orphaned children. Are you aware of Morrison letting any adults return because I am not?

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Clare O'Neil does not conduct the interviews, and Claire O'Neil does not tell them how to do their jobs. She heads ASIO, but she doesn't run it....any more than Trump or Biden runs the FBI. If Clare O'Neil tried to undermine the professionalism of our intelligence operations by forcing them to neglect their professional duties by repatriating someone they had deemed to be a high risk to the community, you can guarantee someone would break ranks and talk to the media about it. It wouldn't be the first time Asio has spoken out about government attempts to interfere with its independence.

Labor's decision was for ASIO to interview and profile the women to assess their suitability for repatriation, but it certainly doesn't have the power to force the outcomes of ASIO's investigations. It can tell ASIO to investigate, but it can not predetermine the results.
Ohh man. I could tell you some stories about government interference but can’t go into detail. Do you really believe ASIO just decided after 3 years it’s safe to bring them back when the bloke who’s first five tasks as PM included allowing the illegal Sri Lankans to stay

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ohh man. I could tell you some stories about government interference but can’t go into detail. Do you really believe ASIO just decided after 3 years it’s safe to bring them back when the bloke who’s first five tasks as PM included allowing the illegal Sri Lankans to stay
Shhh..ASIO hears everything.. If anyone asks..I didn’t tell you that..8-)

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If I ever become PM, move to another country, I would be a tyrant.
Sounds interesting. Tell me more and I’ll tell you what I would do

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My head hurts after reading 9 pages of this crap.. This is utter madness and any opinion away from that is from a fucking looney.. This is not about people who ended up on the wrong side of a war as poor hard done by widows, these are woman that went happily to support their husbands and their vile disgusting violent racist, mysogonistic, homophobic views loosely based on a warped view of a certain religion.

Their husbands, murdered, tortured and raped who ever they felt like with an absolute passion for the task. Dont even try and tell me that they didnt know or support the same. As sad as it sounds the children are tarred with the same brush and will probably grow up with a chip on their shoulder about life, the past, and who is who..

I have no problem with the Australian government providing aid via food, health care and financial assistance for these familys to survive and make their way in life, as long as its in the part of the world they "chose" to be in and live. Not here.

Funny story. I use to drink coffee every morning in Balmain years ago at an early opener and their was a couple that use to also be regular for a 530 am coffee who we will call, Mike and Anne. Mike was a builder and Anne was a former Sydney Morning Herald journo that I would regularily have a verbal sparring session with about modern current affairs.

Anne would regularily have a shot at me saying I was uncaring and not compassionate with my views about illegal immigrants and the boats as an example. She would say I needed to learn compassion and that these people are all humans and I was wrong for being unhappy about them trying to come here illegally.

Around that time Mike and Anne's next door neighbour was selling his house and he saw Mike one morning and told him that a "Lovely" Muslim family of 9 had bought the home and would move in as soon as possible. He then told Mike that he had met the buyer and that he had plans to turn part of the home into a Muslim prayer house and school which would be a first in the Balmain area. Mike said to me that his face must have lost all colour as his neighbour burst out laughing and admitting it was all just a joke..

When Mike told me this story I aske him if he had relayed it to Anne yet and he said he hadnt, so I couldnt help myself and said please dont mention it until I say something to you when she comes down shortly to get her coffee. Not long later Anne arrived got her coffee and her and Mike started to walk home so I yelled out " Hey Mike, did you tell Anne the good news about the new neighbours???

They walked about 10 steps before Anne lost her shit ranting and raving about how dare this happen without any consultation, and why here? who is responsable etc.. ? I nearly pissed myself laughing and she soon realized it was a gee up but like I said to her its "easy to be a bleeding heart and compassionate as long as its not really your problem or your neighbour."

I am sure Albo, Wong and Co will be happy in the knowledge these woman and children will be settled in Fairfield or Liverpool and not a leafy inner city suburb where they reside..
You Baz?
Shit-stirring?
Shocking :tearsofjoy:.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
All due respect bro but most comments on here are from people who are/have been effected by those demon *****.

Same people who know it's not Christian v Muslims. It's just good people who hate evil people.
I know it's a sore spot for some, dude....which is why I'm trying to refrain from arguing with those people too much out of respect. I get where you are coming from. But I wouldn't automatically dismiss every IS bride as evil unless I have walked a mile in their shoes, or at least heard more details on their personal stories. I do believe some made the journey under extreme duress. Others may well have been brainwashed and subsequently come to regret their decisions. I don't think good and evil is always a black and white issue. War and ideology can make otherwise normal people do atrocious things. At the end of the day, I'm happy to leave it in the hands of the experts.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know it's a sore spot for some, dude....which is why I'm trying to refrain from arguing with those people too much out of respect. I get where you are coming from. But I wouldn't automatically dismiss every IS bride as evil unless I have walked a mile in their shoes, or at least heard more details on their personal stories. I do believe some made the journey under extreme duress. Others may well have been brainwashed and subsequently come to regret their decisions. I don't think good and evil is always a black and white issue. War and ideology can make otherwise normal people do atrocious things. At the end of the day, I'm happy to leave it in the hands of the experts.
The woke new government treading water aren’t experts mate. You know ASIO don’t call up the government and tell them to bring these people in? The government tell ASIO they want to return them to Australia, ASIO advise against it, the government don’t care and insist on it so ASIO monitor them. That is literally facts, not my opinion, it’s factual.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The woke new government treading water aren’t experts mate. You know ASIO don’t call up the government and tell them to bring these people in? The government tell ASIO they want to return them to Australia, ASIO advise against it, the government don’t care and insist on it so ASIO monitor them. That is literally facts, not my opinion, it’s factual.
Yes, the government makes the call on repatriating them. ASIO does the extensive profiling to determine what sort of measures should be put in place to monitor them, and whether criminal charges should be laid.

I guarantee is the head of ASIO believed Labor's politics were putting people at risk, or compromising his staff's ability to do their jobs, he would come out and say so.

Last edited: