Opinion Silver tongue Ciraldo

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference is that Barrett tried to claim Ciraldo’s achievements as his own after a very brief stint at penrith. Their results are from Gus and Ciraldo. Cleary and Barrett were just the beneficiaries. Any coach could win with the team they have had for last 3 years.
Rubbish.
Cleary has proven himself. To win BtB is no easy feat especially when you start to lose good players from SC squeeze.

Gus certainly created a junior environment for young players to thrive but Cleary was also there previously and probably doesn't get enough credit for those junior programmes. To take the team to 3 strsight GFs and be the best team for 3 years running is not something you just stumble into.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I c
Yep. Let’s just hope and pray the contract is laced with performances clauses. I still can’t get my head around how we’ve got a nobody coach on a rich long term deal. Really does boggle the mind
I can only assume it's because his appointment was hugely influential in keeping Burton and Kikau....

Look.... I was optimistic when we signed TB and gave him the benefit of the doubt in his first year as I thought he spoke well and came across as knowing what our structural issues were. But in year 2, within 4 weeks (including trials) I knew we were in big trouble not being able to score points. I wanted him sacked by week 8....

With CC, I'm once again hopeful but more cautious. I can't say I want to give him the whole of next year. I reckon by week 12 we will know if we are a chance of finals footy.

I will be bitterly disappointed and will lose all faith in him and Gus if we are out finals contention by Origin 3. I don't think it will be the case but landing a good halfback will do wonders to put my mind at ease.....

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There was a guy with the moniker Sleepy Dog I think..this guy has similarities and appeared 2 months after SD disappeared "for good" he said....

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I've seen his tongue. It's not silver.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I am very concerned. We still don’t know if he can actually fucking post!!!!
Fixed :-).

You really think after what we’ve been through with Pay/Georgalis/Barrett/Potter that the club didn’t do significant due diligence before deciding on anyone? And not just the head coach but support staff? Last time Barrett was basically allowed to pick his own staff and we saw how that ended - they’re mostly gone.

What was worse for (especially Pay) was there were so many gaps in the squad. Barrett less so. Ciraldo even less so.

Gus and JK knew they couldn’t afford to screw this up, so there’s a reason they’ve chosen as they’ve chosen, including the tenure.

The names you mentioned would’ve been obvious options yet there’s reasons we didn’t go there (thankfully re: Flanagan specifically).

Let’s see, but any talk of reviewing his position after 10-12 weeks - yeah, good one :-).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Difference is, Gus told Barrett from the get go that he wasn't a Bulldog and that he wouldn't fit here even though Barrett ignored the warning and tied his own noose, Gus on the other hand head hunted Cameron Ciraldo becausehe believes Cameron is a Bulldog and will fit right in at Belmore.
Yep- big difference. Also Ciro has some runs on the board at lower grade level that Baz didn’t have. He also has more to work with for 2023 than Baz and previous coaches had.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would give him 10-12 weeks. If we ain’t looking a punchers chance of at least top 8 then sack him. Don’t drag things out like we did with Barrett. If the writings on the walls then fuck him off early.

then - approach Shane Flanagan/Shaun Wane/Billy Slater/Michael Maguire/Geoff Toovey. Proven coaches.

if indeed Ciraldo is a flop then Gus should be sacked also. Spends too much time on Twitter big noting
Gus signs a coach for 5 years and you expect him to be sacked after 12 weeks :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

FMD, it's going to be a long offseason