Opinion Silver tongue Ciraldo

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hey,

Just finished watching his first couple of interviews for us and fuck me is this Barrett 2.0 or what?

I hope I’m wrong but it’s pretty clear to see he’s bamboozled everyone along the way with his silver tongue and his clean shaven good looks.
Again, hope I’m wrong but his pathway to this deal Is eerily similar to that of Barrett the fraud. Ciraldo is the apparently the genius behind panthers defence just like Barrett was the guru behind panthers attack ha ha ha!

hope I’m wrong but I am very concerned. We still don’t know if he can actually fucking coach!!!!

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey,

Just finished watching his first couple of interviews for us and fuck me is this Barrett 2.0 or what?

I hope I’m wrong but it’s pretty clear to see he’s bamboozled everyone along the way with his silver tongue and his clean shaven good looks.
Again, hope I’m wrong but his pathway to this deal Is eerily similar to that of Barrett the fraud. Ciraldo is the apparently the genius behind panthers defence just like Barrett was the guru behind panthers attack ha ha ha!

hope I’m wrong but I am very concerned. We still don’t know if he can actually fucking coach!!!!
Welcome to the kennel, you will fit right in...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hey,

Please tell us the solution B_Town Lad :grinning:

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey,

I think your over looking one thing, Ciraldo actually took a junior team all the way Trent never could. Completely different coaches he will do better than Trent although the bar is very very low

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hey,

Difference is, Gus told Barrett from the get go that he wasn't a Bulldog and that he wouldn't fit here even though Barrett ignored the warning and tied his own noose, Gus on the other hand head hunted Cameron Ciraldo becausehe believes Cameron is a Bulldog and will fit right in at Belmore.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Difference is, Gus told Barrett from the get go that he wasn't a Bulldog and that he wouldn't fit here even though Barrett ignored the warning and tied his own noose, Gus on the other hand head hunted Cameron Ciraldo becausehe believes Cameron is a Bulldog and will fit right in at Belmore.
Makes for a more optimistic start to a new season then, especially if Gus wants him !! there must be merit to it… be interesting to see what we get from Ciraldo.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Valid concerns.
He's here now.
Gus knows what it takes to head coach.
I wasnt sold but what we think or what concerns we have at this point means nothing.
Actions are all that matter so we'll just have to wait till the end of the season next year to know if we are on the right path.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The difference is that Barrett tried to claim Ciraldo’s achievements as his own after a very brief stint at penrith. Their results are from Gus and Ciraldo. Cleary and Barrett were just the beneficiaries. Any coach could win with the team they have had for last 3 years.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about we see how the team performs and make a decision about his performance at the halfway point of next season instead of death-riding the guy before they have even had their first training run!
Fuck some of you clowns are just totally moronic keyboard coaches without a single clue!

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Please tell us the solution B_Town Lad :grinning:
I would give him 10-12 weeks. If we ain’t looking a punchers chance of at least top 8 then sack him. Don’t drag things out like we did with Barrett. If the writings on the walls then fuck him off early.

then - approach Shane Flanagan/Shaun Wane/Billy Slater/Michael Maguire/Geoff Toovey. Proven coaches.

if indeed Ciraldo is a flop then Gus should be sacked also. Spends too much time on Twitter big noting

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Gus was trying to protect Barrett because the club was a shambles, now he is trying to protect the club, so he obviously wouldn't advise against a bloke he is trying to sign coming here. But this wouldn't be the first time he made a dud coaching appointment. This has Barrett 2.0 written all over it, from where I'm standing.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Excellent post. What's really bad about this is we signed TBaz 2.0 up for an eternity and if we sack him prematurely like we have our last few coaches, it will have a really big negative impact on recruitment and retention. So we are stuck with the bloke, regardless of how he does.... unless we want to look about as appealing to major signings as the Dolphins.

More tough times ahead, IMO

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Excellent post. What's really bad about this is we signed TBaz 2.0 up for an eternity and if we sack him prematurely like we have our last few coaches, it will have a really big negative impact on recruitment and retention. So we are stuck with the bloke, regardless of how he does.... unless we want to look about as appealing to major signings as the Dolphins.

Yep. Let’s just hope and pray the contract is laced with performances clauses. I still can’t get my head around how we’ve got a nobody coach on a rich long term deal. Really does boggle the mind

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep. Let’s just hope and pray the contract is laced with performances clauses. I still can’t get my head around how we’ve got a nobody coach on a rich long term deal. Really does boggle the mind
yeah, hopefully he will turn out to be more like Fitzgibbon than Barrett. Rookie coaches work out really well sometimes. But I'd be lying if I said the length of the deal and parallels with Barrett didn't worry me a bit.

One thing I will say in his favour, he hasn't come out comparing one of our playmakers to Nathan Cleary yet.... This gives me hope he is not as much of a bonehead as Barrett lol

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

It’s more tough times ahead with you at any NRL club in your fake footy career.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s more tough times ahead with you at any NRL club in your fake footy career.
Let's see how I go with a half decent coach before writing me off, peewee.

PS I thought you blocked me. Or am I confusing you with someone else? lol