Rumour Jayden Sullivan

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reported salary figures for Sullivan are all over the place another article quoted $1mill for the balance of his contract which ends 2025 so over 3 years.
What are we supposed to be paying the flange $450k plus a year ?
Sullivan considerably cheaper and bigger potential upside.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the kid signed a long term deal on the understanding hunt would not be there it would seem like he will continue to agitate and leave. Is it a good fit for us ? Not sure

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
is this not exceptional? He signed a contract based on written and verbal terms. One of the major terms has since changed.
Yep i don't see why he is copping so much shit for wanting out either...
As for the final 2 years at 500 large, shit eh.IF we did get him doubt we're paying that.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don't like all these players asking for releases or clubs threatening reserve grade if they don't go elsewhere. It is WAY past time the NRL said that both parties need to stick to the contract terms except in exceptional circumstances. Why are so many people coming down with mental health problems if they don't get what they want?
That would require common sense and leadership from the nrlol . . . So we can rule that out

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can't see him sacrificing too much of a difference from his 500k a year contract (no certainty of making it and personally I don't have him that high on potential when comparing to players like Burton, Suaalii, etc.) I'd assume he has some agreement with a club (e.g. us) for an amount around that figure. Most players wouldn't cost themselves a couple 100k (let's say 200k) even if it meant to play imo...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know where this 500k figure came from but I would not take that as fact. Seems like way too much. Even if it were true, there's no way we'd be paying anywhere near that amount.

As for him wanting out, we can't have a go at players wanting to leave when they have no path to FG, but be happy when we move on dead weight before their contract is up.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not only is Sullivan three times the player of @Flanagun. He is also an all round better bloke.
You be trippin’, homes.

I’m twice the player Sullivan is and Ciraldo said I’m a nice kid. Did Ciraldo ever say Sullivan was a nice kid? No, he did not. The defence rests.

Last edited:

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really doubt St George will release him. 3 years left off his contract? He’s the one that signed with them for that long knowing Hunt would be the #1 option

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the day, if the Dragons lied to him about Hunt not being in the picture post 2023, he will most likely keep agitating for as long as it takes to get a release

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the kid signed a long term deal on the understanding hunt would not be there it would seem like he will continue to agitate and leave. Is it a good fit for us ? Not sure
Um...he has no right to agitate for a release based on his understanding that Hunt would not be at the Dragons...ffs he signed a longterm contract with no get out clauses if Hunt remained at the dragons...case closed

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL 2022: Dragons young gun Jayden Sullivan wants release as Bulldogs circle
St George Illawarra’s woes continue with one of the club’s brightest prospects asking to be released again from his contract.

Michael CarayannisMichael Carayannis

St George Illawarra half Jayden Sullivan has again requested a formal release from the final three years of his Dragons contract.

It is understood Sullivan’s management wrote to St George Illawarra bosses on Friday afternoon wanting an immediate exit.

It is the second time this month Sullivan has officially asked to leave the club. Canterbury are circling Sullivan despite the 21-year-old being contracted to the Dragons until the end of 2025.

Sullivan formally asked for a release to leave the Dragons earlier this month – a day after skipper Ben Hunt inked a rich two year-extension.

The Dragons instantly rejected the request and were aware Sullivan would want an early exit if the club retained Hunt. It is understood Sullivan’s management has told the club that Sullivan is having mental health problems as a result of uncertainty surrounding his future. He also wants a crack at starting at halfback.

His path at the Dragons is blocked by Hunt whose new deal keeps him at the club until the end of the 2025 season.

The final two years of Sullivan’s contract is worth $1 million.

Sullivan was largely used as a bench utility this year and filled in at hooker. He has no intention of playing dummy half after starting just one game at halfback this season.

St George Illawarra boss Ryan Webb wrote to Dragons members in recent days confirming that Sullivan and fellow rising star Tyrell Sloan wanted out of the club.

“It is unfortunate that we have had formal release requests from two of our young players in Tyrell Sloan and Jayden Sullivan,” Webb wrote.

“From a club perspective, we do not want to release either of these young men as the club has put years of resources towards the development of them both and see them as playing large roles in our future.

“At the crux of this they are both seeking more consistent first grade exposure while, as a football club, we must balance player development with the need to win and these two aims don’t always perfectly align.”

New Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo addressed the Sullivan rumours in his first press conference as Wednesday.

“I haven’t met Jayden,” Ciraldo said.
“I know there was some chat before I signed. Rosters are going to change over time. We will make decisions in the best interests of the club.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2022-dragons-young-gun-jayden-sullivan-wants-release-as-bulldogs-circle/news-story/c11aa7a2e5438929503407b0319c1109

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I may be reading way too much into it but when did not starting at 7 for your footy club equate to a mental health impact? It’s like me saying my mental health has been affected because I didn’t win lotto and seems to be the new “I’m homesick” get out clause. Do we want that at the club?
Has Jayden been told to say that by his manager? By us? I feel bad for people with genuine mental health issues when I read shit like this and apologise if he does indeed have a history of mental health issues.