Reaction score

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Under 7's & younger is where there is the least damage from tackling...

When I coached soccer there were no finals until under 12. I coached under 8-10. We had divisions and halfway through the season divisions were altered based on results but no ladder or final system.

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
wtf is this madness.

A conservationist war monger.

Look I like the fact you chaps are killing each other but can you f*** off and do it in outer space

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still remember kicking a conversion to win our U11s GF, one of my best memories of my life and the after party was lit. Haha

All seriousness, c'mon what are we trying to achieve here? What's wrong with kids wanting to play to win?

We're raising kids to think they're all little winners, and then when they hit 18 they enter the real world with no tools to deal with pressure, negative feedback or any hardship.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still remember kicking a conversion to win our U11s GF, one of my best memories of my life and the after party was lit. Haha

All seriousness, c'mon what are we trying to achieve here? What's wrong with kids wanting to play to win?

We're raising kids to think they're all little winners, and then when they hit 18 they enter the real world with no tools to deal with pressure, negative feedback or any hardship.
I remember my U9’s soccer grand final, lost 3-1, damn.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
From U6s the boys ask who won and keep track of who scored how many.

I saw my own team and son play harder in U9s than U8s as that's when we started to play for points.

This is just fkn stupidity from the nrLOL.

The no tackling rule is even more stupid, the boys need to learn how to tackle and take a tackle asap. All this does is push back their learning and development.

Really fkn stupid, I can't believe how fkn dumb they are.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I remember my u17 basketball championship after party, coach got arrested for supplying minors with alcohol and got sacked from his full-time job and his job within the club. The people i’m still mates with in that team, we still feel so guilty because we all egged him on until he finally gave in like stupid dumb fuck teenagers to supply us with booze..

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys
The tackling I get, but the stop to competitive footy until 13s makes no sense. Our junior footy club here in concord is on the verge of folding. Participation rates are dwindling. I remember playing in Canterbury comp in early 00s from u8 to 16s and we had at least 12 teams every year. This is not good for the game.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Banning tackling to half way through U7s and kids not playing finals till U13s.

Fkn stupid moves.
Brooooo…. I get it some parents take it a bit too serious but it’s going to be hard to keep kids interested with no finals. My 6 year old was keeping the score this year to himself each game :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey guys
The tackling I get, but the stop to competitive footy until 13s makes no sense. Our junior footy club here in concord is on the verge of folding. Participation rates are dwindling. I remember playing in Canterbury comp in early 00s from u8 to 16s and we had at least 12 teams every year. This is not good for the game.
But it's 6 year olds tackling 6 year olds, not much damage can happen. Plus it pushes back learning how to tackle and how to take a tackle.

You still even see nrLOL players with shit tackling techniques hurting themselves tackling the wrong way.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Brooooo…. I get it some parents take it a bit too serious but it’s going to be hard to keep kids interested with no finals. My 6 year old was keeping the score this year to himself each game :tearsofjoy:
Being coach I try to lie about the score but the little bastards are too smart lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just found out that kids soccer for under 8's etc don't even keep score. Now no finals in footy, no tackling.. Just give everyone a ribbon and a cuddle and don't play the sport at all. It's a joke.

No wonder why the last few generations are mainly a bunch losers and softcocks out there that never think they're wrong and are always entitled.

All of the best lessons in life are learnt from suffering a loss or hardship of some kind.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s part of a four-year staggered plan to increase the non-competitive age from nine to 13 by 2026. In 2023 competitive rugby league competitions will begin at under 10s. It will rise to under 11s in 2024, under 12s in 2025 and under 13s in 2026.

I'm lucky my boy doesn't get affected with this bullshit as he is in U11s next year. Otherwise he would of given up on this backyard league.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'll never forget losing a game of basketball when I was about 12 where we were down 1 and I missed two Free Throws at the end of the game.. I didn't sleep that night and was pissed off about it for weeks, months even..

All I did after that was practise my free throws and ended up hitting a few game winners the next few seasons after that..

I was always competitive and wanted to win more than anything, but that made me even hungrier and more determined and mentally stronger. Imagine if they didn't keep score? Or they said everyone wins even though I missed?

No wonder why the most recent generations aren't as competitive and are weak minded.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I just found out that kids soccer for under 8's etc don't even keep score. Now no finals in footy, no tackling.. Just give everyone a ribbon and a cuddle and don't play the sport at all. It's a joke.

No wonder why the last few generations are mainly a bunch losers and softcocks out there that never think they're wrong and are always entitled.

All of the best lessons in life are learnt from suffering a loss or hardship of some kind.
Agreed, losing Grand finals when i played league and still play Basketball makes you learn heaps of life lessons about yourself all the time. You build yourself and with the people your all mates with in your team. Most bizarre and unnecessary change i’ve seen in a while for a sport.