News Bulldogs 3 million dollar offer to matt burton

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Or you know stop riding his dick so hard. He's a good young player that has plenty to work on and isn't worth anywhere near what we're going to be paying him. Watch Kikau absolutely cop it next year because Burton feeds him garbage all season because he doesn't know how to play into the line.
Do you think we should keep Burton and if so what would you pay?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or you know stop riding his dick so hard. He's a good young player that has plenty to work on and isn't worth anywhere near what we're going to be paying him. Watch Kikau absolutely cop it next year because Burton feeds him garbage all season because he doesn't know how to play into the line.
All season long I've said he needs to work on certain things and was critical of his form and poor efforts in defence the last several games after Origin.

Unlike you and others though, I don't ignore the good things he does or the potential he has. Nor am I willing to write off a 22 year half with his talent who is on a struggling team that gets no help from the other 3/4 of the spine.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He might run more and have more room to pass with a decent 7 inside.
Opposition targets him because we have no other playmaker.
We are paying a 7 a shitload (for him) that has no potential.
Shhhh. Stop talking common sense. It's all Burton's fault remember?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus and the clubs knows better than any niff nuff on here that think they know much we should be paying for Burton. Reality is no one will really know and that’s just facts, there will be incentives and other sponsor deals, clauses etc I’m sure.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So you’re happy to keep him for what they’ve apparently offered?
you wouldn't let him go for an extra 50k anyways, especially with what's on the market and what you'd have to pay to get someone else then. Your halves will soon quickly look like the Knights.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ballplaying only works if your team mates give you options. Schoupp and Waddell offered three fifths of fuck all.
Not to mention poor service and decisions from JMK and teams not worrying at all about Flanagan on the other side of the field because he's no threat to run it or create anything..

So teams then send 3 or 4 extra defenders down that side to target Burton every game. Which gives him less space and time on the ball. It's pretty simple.

That's not to say Burton can't play better and doesn't need to improve his passing and decision making. But to ignore all of the above just to heap shit on Burton is insane.

Almost every other half in the top 8 has a good second half to take pressure off them and a decent hooker. Half our fans expect Burton to play 1 on 13 and dominate.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you’re happy to keep him for what they’ve apparently offered?
No I'm not happy about it but I can understand it, still overs. I'd be happy if we signed an established half because that's literally what turns a team around right now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ballplaying only works if your team mates give you options. Schoupp and Waddell offered three fifths of fuck all.
Too an extent, sure, but you could also apply that argument for other players yet people don't? Even then Burton sucks ball playing into the line and only ever looks comfortable playing down a short side with space.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All season long I've said he needs to work on certain things and was critical of his form and poor efforts in defence the last several games after Origin.

Unlike you and others though, I don't ignore the good things he does or the potential he has. Nor am I willing to write off a 22 year half with his talent who is on a struggling team that gets no help from the other 3/4 of the spine.
Where am I writing him off? I just said it's overs and as usual you lot on here fucking cry about it.

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No I'm not happy about it but I can understand it, still overs. I'd be happy if we signed an established half because that's literally what turns a team around right now.
I don’t think you’ll ever be happy but I do agree we need a top class 7.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where am I writing him off? I just said it's overs and as usual you lot on here fucking cry about it.
By saying he's a centre or a fullback.. And you've said yourself that 750k is the max you'd pay for him, which is what the reported offer is. So you're the one getting worked up for no reason.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
By saying he's a centre or a fullback.. And you've said yourself that 750k is the max you'd pay for him, which is what the reported offer is. So you're the one getting worked up for no reason.
He 100% looks far more suited to fullback than 5/8.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't offer him anything, much rather see how he goes next season and pay more for him if he actually kicks on than lock him into a long-term deal right now. I personally think he'd be a better fullback anyway.
If there was an extra season up our sleeve I’m sure they’d wait. The issue is the PO in 2024 which he’d likely reject and can then deal with rival clubs come this November. I don’t see we have much choice, if we lose him we start again and that’s also whilst we don’t have a long term 7 (or 1 it seems - or 6 if Burto played 1 as you suggest). Bottom line, not a lot of choice, we just have to hope it works out well for the club.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Too an extent, sure, but you could also apply that argument for other players yet people don't? Even then Burton sucks ball playing into the line and only ever looks comfortable playing down a short side with space.
Of course you can but who are we talking about? Flanagan?