Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Bellingham doesn't end up here by next season we're going to look incredibly stupid. Anyway is he even that good or is most of it English hype? I don't watch enough to really know.
Agree tho I'm not sure if he's what we need? As you keep saying, we need 3 midfielders and he's going to cost 100 odd, so it'll impact on the other 2 we get.

If we can still spend big on the other two then great but ... It is Liverpool.

By all accounts he's a tremendous player tho

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's that good. He's probably Dortmund's best player.
Well he better be with how much he's going to cost. I'm still not sure why we went from great value signings like Diaz, Mane, Salah, Jota etc to only being interested in hyped signings like Tchouameni, Bellingham, Gavi, Nunez (lol), etc that obviously cost an arm and leg to get across. So many players made moves this season for far less coin than those players yet would've added so much to our side.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well he better be with how much he's going to cost. I'm still not sure why we went from great value signings like Diaz, Mane, Salah, Jota etc to only being interested in hyped signings like Tchouameni, Bellingham, Gavi, Nunez (lol), etc that obviously cost an arm and leg to get across. So many players made moves this season for far less coin than those players yet would've added so much to our side.
Because Michael Edwards left.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because Michael Edwards left.
I don't think it's that, Ward has a great CV and has been at the club for years and was involved in a lot of the deals previously. We done our business early and it seems like Klopp made the decision then that if he couldn't have a Tchouameni or Bellingham then he didn't want anyone. I'm pretty sure if Klopp had pushed there and then for another midfielder we would've signed one.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think it's that, Ward has a great CV and has been at the club for years and was involved in a lot of the deals previously. We done our business early and it seems like Klopp made the decision then that if he couldn't have a Tchouameni or Bellingham then he didn't want anyone. I'm pretty sure if Klopp had pushed there and then for another midfielder we would've signed one.
I disagree, Michael Edwards was the man that got things done. Ward is nothing compared to ME.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I disagree, Michael Edwards was the man that got things done. Ward is nothing compared to ME.
I don't think that's fair, Edwards was in charge for years and our circumstances were a lot different back then compared to now. It's a bit unfair to expect Ward to overhaul the roster that Edwards built over years in far less time.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think that's fair, Edwards was in charge for years and our circumstances were a lot different back then compared to now. It's a bit unfair to expect Ward to overhaul the roster that Edwards built over years in far less time.
Where did I say that I expect him to overhaul the roster?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well what did you expect him to have done by now?
You were the one complaining about us not getting undervalued guys anymore and only going for expensive signings. I told you why that's the case. I didn't say anything about anything else.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You were the one complaining about us not getting undervalued guys anymore and only going for expensive signings. I told you why that's the case. I didn't say anything about anything else.
Well I don't think that's the reason.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Traded Trent.

But appreciate its a tough job. I'd have taken the Teppanyaki night for the boys but now we're struggling to get a 6 pack.

Sigh....
Oh yh

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha. It makes me laugh how a few wins have brought out the United fans. Where were they when they were struggling last year? Haha

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Bellingham doesn't end up here by next season we're going to look incredibly stupid. Anyway is he even that good or is most of it English hype? I don't watch enough to really know.
Ive seen him play live multiple times, he is some player. He is a really complete midfielder, on the ball he can pick out a pass, has a great through ball on him, has shown signs that he can be very effective at carrying the ball through the middle, but also in defence he was Dortmunds best in terms of tackles, interceptions and blocks.

100m will be his starting price, could see it as high as 120m. But also wont be surprised if he stays an extra season at Dortmund and leaves the following year for a cheaper price, like Sancho did.

His only issue seems to be that his attitude can get the better of him at times but I don't think its bad enough to hold him back, he needs a good mentor though.

I also think Liverpool may have potentially missed the boat, next season you will have City, United and Chelsea all aggressively chasing him, especially Chelsea who seem to be desperate for a poster boy for the new regime. I think he ends up at Chelsea.

The Madrid press have been linking him with a move there but he probably isnt the right fit next to Tchouameni and Camavinga.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Arthur struggling apparently
Was very surprised that he was the move your side made, he is known to be super one dimensional, will press heaps and is good at dribbling with the ball but cant pass the ball to save his life and contributes basically nothing else. Only a loan so shouldnt be an issue long term but you probably need more of a Thiago backup.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dont forget Tassie, in Liverpools best ever premier league years, your last 5, a dogshit United side finished above you half that time.
Nice to see you've found your voice my friend. Hahaha

Just hope you don't go missing again when United lose a few. Too much to ask I guess tho, right! Haha