News Franklin Pele & Andrew Davey - SIGNED

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can’t be fucked quoting but someone said Alamoti is miles off first grade. So what’s Schoupp and Burns first grade standard? He’s starting next year in the centres. Skelton will be there too but can see him moving into the back row once he gets his body right for rugby league
I think it's more that they don't want to destroy the kids confidence in a losing team, a few missed tackles or poor reads in defence and everyone will start sh!tcanning them like every other rookie who makes their debut for us. Give them both time to get their defence right, once that's sorted their attack will follow.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
because the club doesn't rate Topine and Waddell's terrible
And to replace Stimson(he is better than him imo)I reckon and he will be cheap enough if we buy him..
Doorey too possibly can't see that he has earned an extension?
Don't quite agree about Waddell mate lol but agree he can be rocks as often as he does ok but has another year so he will maybe be around the firsts team depending on Ciro's take on the guy..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And to replace Stimson(he is better than him imo)I reckon and he will be cheap enough if we buy him..
Doorey too possibly can't see that he has earned an extension?
Don't quite agree about Waddell mate lol but agree he can be rocks as often as he does ok but has another year so he will maybe be around the firsts team depending on Ciro's take on the guy..
Stimson's the worst out of the lot.

I don't mind what way the club go with Doorey, I would keep him but I understand why they/other people wouldn't. We have a few other good young second rowers now (looks like we're about to lose one of the better ones for whatever reason tho).

If Ciraldo picks duds (Waddell imo), they play badly and we ultimately lose games because of it he's just putting unnecessary pressure on himself, it's a big reason why Baz got the sack imo.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stimson's the worst out of the lot.

I don't mind what way the club go with Doorey, I would keep him but I understand why they/other people wouldn't. We have a few other good young second rowers now (looks like we're about to lose one of the better ones for whatever reason tho).

If Ciraldo picks duds (Waddell imo), they play badly and we ultimately lose games because of it he's just putting unnecessary pressure on himself, it's a big reason why Baz got the sack imo.
Yep leave that Waddell conundrum up to the coach, i'm on board for Davey though if we get him, not a key buy of course but would be rather handy I think..and more than a suitable replacement for a couple of our other fringe 2nd rowers discussed.

Pele has some promise and likely fairly cheap might be another King type buy hopefully, we need some grunt up front with the Vaughan ultimatum(see what I did there :tongueclosed: )as it has turned out.
I know no reasons why but that looks like a poor decision by us ie if we offered a deal why wouldn't he stay, has a nice house in the Gong vs shit weather in the UK 325 days a year..its a weird one.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep leave that Waddell conundrum up to the coach, i'm on board for Davey though if we get him, not a key buy of course but would be rather handy I think..and more than a suitable replacement for a couple of our other fringe 2nd rowers discussed.

Pele has some promise and likely fairly cheap might be another King type buy hopefully, we need some grunt up front with the Vaughan ultimatum(see what I did there :tongueclosed: )as it has turned out.
I know no reasons why but that looks like a poor decision by us ie if we offered a deal why wouldn't he stay, has a nice house in the Gong vs shit weather in the UK 325 days a year..its a weird one.
I think Gus already decided to move Vaughan on when he signed Sutton and that was before a ball was kicked. I'd assume it's a salary cap and amount of years thing.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Gus already decided to move Vaughan on when he signed Sutton and that was before a ball was kicked. I'd assume it's a salary cap and amount of years thing.
Not sure of the price differential but I'm worried we may be getting the raw end of that pineapple lol anyway it's done.
Did Sutton play yesterday I didn't notice him?

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure of the price differential but I'm worried we may be getting the raw end of that pineapple lol anyway it's done.
Did Sutton play yesterday I didn't notice him?
Injured last week. His next game will be for us.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NSW Cup Highlights | Eels v Bulldogs Round 23 | NSWRL

Doorey played well and Morrin scored a great individual try.

I'd be bringing them onto the bench at least for our remaining two games, we have nothing to lose.

Wakeham and Knockonbor should never be seen in First Grade again.
Did you see the delay in knockonbur leading to that parra scums first try lmaoo he did NOTHING to defend. How the fuck was this cooked **** re-signed?!

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you see the delay in knockonbur leading to that parra scums first try lmaoo he did NOTHING to defend. How the fuck was this cooked **** re-signed?!
It's a head scratcher why they would re sign him. Feel that may change when CC arrives. Certainly won't be seen in FG again, I hope but I can't for the life of me see what they see in him?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly announced players departing davey wasn’t offered a deal by them no mention of where hes off too sounds like a dud surely we aren’t signing him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Manly announced players departing davey wasn’t offered a deal by them no mention of where hes off too sounds like a dud surely we aren’t signing him
He's had a good year. He's much better than Waddell who we play week in and out. Manly signed Tuilagi from Tigers before a ball was kicked, Ola is their other second rower. Davey's age/injury record is against him a bit. If he's on close to minimum wage (not on ~300k like Stimson and Waddell were on for e.g.) and a squad player it isn't a bad signing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So neither confirmed?
Neither confirmed. Some people are claiming Pele's done because he followed us on Instagram but he followed us ages ago so it isn't relevant.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's a head scratcher why they would re sign him. Feel that may change when CC arrives. Certainly won't be seen in FG again, I hope but I can't for the life of me see what they see in him?
It’s not that hard to understand. He had a strong finish in 2020, did his ACL and was resigned when he was injured for what you can only imagine was a very low contract.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
" It’s not that hard to understand. He had a strong finish in 2020".

I must've missed this. Was that when we were flying at the time? He may have had one good game from memory, if that, the guy is not First Grade material and never was.

Highlights from last weekends Knock On Effect Cup clearly show he's hardly even up that level as well.

Should've left after the School visit fiasco but said he wanted to stay as he loved the club, which told me he was desperate as C H-N who left for the Raiders and apparently said he did absolutely nothing was livid with the club and wanted out as he was PO'd with how that whole saga was handled.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Player market has stalled cause the salary cap for next year hasn’t been announced. All players want to maximise there worth. And clubs want the best available players. So until that happens no one is signing unless your think your only worth the minimum.
I do wonder if the sharks are playing Pele to entice him to stay before he puts pen to paper.